Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:02 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Are you of the world? Or have you separated from the ways of the world? Have you come out from among them? Or do you walk in tandem with them? Do the sinners of the world know that you are different?

2 Corinthians 6
[14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
[15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
[16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
[17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
[18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

If you claim to be not of this world, how do you reach people?

Jesus was of the world. He enjoyed his life of preaching and touching the hearts and minds of others.

If you think you reach others here, you miss on the whole hearts and mind thing. Your approach is not to reach others as much as it is putting the focus on yourself and what a good follower you are.

Do you ever reach out and help others with real meaning? If someone is hungry, do you feed them? If someone is hurt, do you comfort them? Jesus celebrated . He loved a good party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 06:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I just wished that this comment would be aimed at troutdude and his blasphemous post, but I am afraid it is actually aimed at scgraham.

I fear people like you, always attacking the saints and supporting the wicked, will finally be removed by God Himself from the true saints in everlasting judgment.
I know, Chanokh, you are one of the controllers.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:26 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I seriously WISH that people with your attitudes and perceptions would remove from the rest of us, but you don't. You try to control the rest of us by your perceptions.

Listen, really, come out from among us.
We have come out among you, but the earth ultimately belongs to the Saints and sinners' habitation is called hell.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:38 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
We have come out among you, but the earth ultimately belongs to the Saints and sinners' habitation is called hell.

Which are you?

Old 07-29-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I know, Chanokh, you are one of the controllers.
Controllers? Jesus only laid down one narrow road that leads to life; there aren't many roads, just One -- and His saints proclaim it as they rejoice in it with joy unspeakable. Glory be to the MOST HIGH!

Old 07-29-2018, 07:48 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Jesus dined with sinners to lead them to repentance. He did not go to revel with them.
He did not do alter calls either...

He lead people strictly by example...He never greeted people with "HELLO, I AM THE SON OF GOD, BELIEVE THIS OR BURN FOR ALL ETERNITY.."

He also never isolated himself from others and always mingled with people, regardless of race,religion, culture, orientation or status..

In fact, EVERY word He spoke mandated us to be INVOLVED with the world..

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”

We cannot do the above without being an integral part of the community.

In fact Jesus beseeched us to pray...

THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IN HEAVEN..

This requires us to do WORK in the here and now to change earth (aka SOCIETY) to be more like HEAVEN..and what is heaven but MERCY, JUSTICE and HUMILITY built on LOVE!!!

Old 07-29-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Controllers? Jesus only laid down one narrow road that leads to life; there aren't many roads, just One -- and His saints proclaim it as they rejoice in it with joy unspeakable. Glory be to the MOST HIGH!
Me thinkith thou showth a wee bit too much joy in the destruction of "sinners" and not nearly enough joy and appreciation for your LIFE and others in your life.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Personally, I would include arrogant, self-righteous, holier than thou believers in that list, but maybe that's just me.
Because the Saints obey Jesus are we considered "holier than thou" and "self-righteous"? We are not arrogant, just rejoiceful. Jesus said to let your loins be girded about and your lights burning bright in this dark world. Jesus came to separate the light from darkness.

Luke 12
[34] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[35] Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;

Old 07-29-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Because the Saints obey Jesus are we considered "holier than thou" and "self-righteous"? We are not arrogant, just rejoiceful. Jesus said to let your loins be girded about and your lights burning bright in this dark world. Jesus came to separate the light from darkness.

Luke 12
[34] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[35] Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
It is Sunday, 10:00 EST, should you be in church or some other place of indoctrination?

No, Jesus did not come to separate the light / darkness, He came to REPLACE the darkness with LOVE, HOPE, MERCY, JUSTICE and HUMILITY.

The opposite of these is DARKNESS....and blind obedience...

Old 07-29-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Of course, not...neither do I...ya gotta reach the people where they are.
I agree that we must reach the lost where they are, but that isn't the point that God is making in this Scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity