Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 10:43 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Who said it was unconditional?
If love is conditional, it's not love. If God is God, then he of all people should be able to love unconditionally, not imperfectly like we humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 11:29 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If love is conditional, it's not love. If God is God, then he of all people should be able to love unconditionally, not imperfectly like we humans.
God desires all to be saved, but faith is the conduit.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:44 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Arg! I thwart the desire of the Almighty.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Arg! I thwart the desire of the Almighty.
Most of us possessed of common sense do.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Strong and willful desire conceives and do you know what happens when desire is conceived ?

Old 06-11-2020, 12:37 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
According to the Bible, all Non-christians will be sent to Eternal Torture in Fire.
I need a chapter and verse to support that claim.

[/quote]It's different here on Earth where evildoers receive punishment in different degrees according to the individual severity of their crimes. Why is it reversed in Hell?[/quote]There are different degrees of glory in Heaven, and the overwhelming majority of people who have ever lived are going to end up in one or another of them, eliminating the need for multiple degrees of torture in Hell.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-11-2020 at 12:47 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about being saved or faith. Either God loves people or he doesn't. Pretty simple, really. If he doesn't, he's being conditional. You'd think a being as big as God is supposed to be would understand the frailties of human nature. Even most humans understand the need to be empathetic to animals, knowing that they are less intelligent and have limited understanding. And nothing is expected of them for the most part. They are just loved because they exist. Most human parents, who have tons of faults and shortcomings, if they are decent, love their children unconditionally. If God isn't at least that empathetic, then he's not a very good God in my book.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about being saved or faith. Either God loves people or he doesn't. Pretty simple, really. If he doesn't, he's being conditional. You'd think a being as big as God is supposed to be would understand the frailties of human nature. Even most humans understand the need to be empathetic to animals, knowing that they are less intelligent and have limited understanding. And nothing is expected of them for the most part. They are just loved because they exist. Most human parents, who have tons of faults and shortcomings, if they are decent, love their children unconditionally. If God isn't at least that empathetic, then he's not a very good God in my book.
God does love all His creation and He is forgiving regarding our faults. But if you disregard God, He will give you your wish.

I’m assuming that even though you aren’t a Christian, you acknowledge God, to some degree.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
God does love all His creation and He is forgiving regarding our faults. But if you disregard God, He will give you your wish.

I’m assuming that even though you aren’t a Christian, you acknowledge God, to some degree.
Jimmie, I won't argue with you. I've made my point. I acknowledge that there is a Source of Life, call it God or whatever you will. We are all connected to that Source, humans, plants, other animals, the earth, stars, everything that exists. That is my belief. The end.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Jimmie, I won't argue with you. I've made my point. I acknowledge that there is a Source of Life, call it God or whatever you will. We are all connected to that Source, humans, plants, other animals, the earth, stars, everything that exists. That is my belief. The end.
I agree. I acknowledge that source as the Abrahamic God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity