Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The bible teaches Man became a living soul, not has a living soul, same with fish and animals. The breath of life does it. Jesus clearly teaches--Those who walk the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.
The soul consists of the mind, the will, and the emotions. We have souls. All souls are God's --- that is written in the bible. Your soul can be destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 06:21 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The soul consists of the mind, the will, and the emotions. We have souls. All souls are God's --- that is written in the bible. Your soul can be destroyed.
Quite sobering. But our God can make skeletons dance in the desert if He so desires. That is my hope, it is also my belief.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:47 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Quite sobering. But our God can make skeletons dance in the desert if He so desires. That is my hope, it is also my belief.
Isn't a heart of stone turning into a heart of flesh really about spiritual matters within a person, as opposed to a literal dead body coming back to life?

Old 08-09-2018, 11:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Isn't a heart of stone turning into a heart of flesh really about spiritual matters within a person, as opposed to a literal dead body coming back to life?
I would think so.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Isn't a heart of stone turning into a heart of flesh really about spiritual matters within a person,
as opposed to a literal dead body coming back to life?
Well, wouldn't you get an A+ in Eng Lit.
However, in class I would raise my hand and say, "Well, why couldn't a Being that created, maintains and sustains 300 billion stars, many 50xs larger than our Sun in just our ONE galaxy....along with

100 billion other galaxies (thank u Hubble Telescope) (Andromeda galaxy has 1 trillion stars)...well,
gee...couldn't this Being make bones dance?"

PS place a marble next to this dot . that would be our Sun compared to Antarus.
Now place a pingpong ball next to this dot . that is the Pistol Star...rt here in the Milky Way..

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-10-2018 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: made the dots red:)

Old 08-11-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
"Well, why couldn't a Being that created, maintains and sustains 300 billion stars, many 50xs larger than our Sun in just our ONE galaxy....along with
100 billion other galaxies (thank u Hubble Telescope) (Andromeda galaxy has 1 trillion stars)...well,
gee...couldn't this Being make bones dance?"

PS: Place a marble next to this red dot . that would be our Sun compared to Antarus.
Now place a ping-pong ball next to this red dot . that is the Pistol Star...rt here in the Milky Way..
In other words...a Being as powerful as this ...why would It want to send anything to an Eternal Torture of any kind?
BUT, this is the mind set of early man...The "virgins-into-volcanoes mindset/the 'slit the throats of lambs' mindset"...that one ...to appease an invisible God somewhere above;
the vestiges of which are somehow still embedded in many subconscious minds.

Now, do i really care if y'all believe that, not really...so I'll probably call it quits on that topic.
You can believe anything you want. The end.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
I heard eternity explained this way. Imagine the tallest mountain in the world. Every one-hundred years (ie once per century) a bird flies over the top of it carrying a feather in its mouth. The feather is used to "scoop" away at the mountain.

You can imagine how long it would take to clear the entire mountain down at that rate, correct?

Well, think about this. After a TRILLION mountains had already been cleared away by this method, then that would only be the beginning of eternity. And imagine being in unbearable, excruciating torment all that time.

That's how it will be for anyone who doesn't accept the speaker's stated "plan of salvation".

What do you think of this evangelical message?
I prefer to hear explanations straight from god, avoid the middle MEN...

Old 08-11-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I prefer to hear explanations straight from god, avoid the middle MEN...
OMG! That is my motto!!!!! Even in stores..no middle men...take me to the Manager!
None-a-this praying to angels or saints either...go right to the Top Guy!

Old 08-11-2018, 12:12 PM

63,771 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
In other words...a Being as powerful as this ...why would It want to send anything to an Eternal Torture of any kind?
BUT, this is the mind set of early man...The "virgins-into-volcanoes mindset/the 'slit the throats of lambs' mindset"...that one ...to appease an invisible God somewhere above;
the vestiges of which are somehow still embedded in many subconscious minds.

Now, do i really care if y'all believe that, not really...so I'll probably call it quits on that topic.
You can believe anything you want. The end.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:21 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
OMG! That is my motto!!!!! Even in stores..no middle men...take me to the Manager!
None-a-this praying to angels or saints either...go right to the Top Guy!

In prayer that is very wise-- But the manager( God) has set it up for Jesus to appoint his teachers on earth here in these last days( Matt 24:45)-- to give food( spiritual)at the proper time. Thus Jesus gave to all his apostles back then( appointed teachers) And at Luke 10:16-- It is clear--If one rejects those teachers, they are rejecting Jesus and God as well--That means--Mortals have 0 choice in this matter--They must be taught by those teachers that Jesus appointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity