Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
God can't mess up. If God calls your car an orangutan, guess what? It's an orangutan. You're making the mistake of ascribing human characteristics and attributes to a non human. If God was beholden to the same laws of this earth as you and I, he wouldn't be God, he would be a mortal. Stop running and surrender, you'll have peace like you've never experienced in your life. God loves you.
LOL. I'm making the "mistake" of acknowledging reality. Your god-thing did indeed screw up and regretted it. Now, how can an Omni-everything god-thing screw up and experience regret for having done so?

Answer: it's a god-thing created by the limited imaginations of primitive men who pooped in holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 02:11 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No it is not, your bible says Jesus Christ is and our Heavenly Father instructed us to listen to him, and Jesus never once said anything about the scriptures other than to rebuke and correct the fundamentalists of his day. He rarely quoted it, i actually think it is less than 15 times in 3 years that he quoted it. What does that tell you?.
Dude.....I don't know who taught you what you believe, but you should demand a refund.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
No, wrong. Again, the two are not mutually exclusive. I can love you, but if you kick me in the shin, I'll get offended, if you spit in my wife's face, I'll get offended. Your conflating two separate ideas.
No, Jesus taught you to offer the other shin. At the end of the day if the truth be known if you have someone kicking your shin, spitting in your wife's face then you attracted it. We ALL reap what WE HAVE sown. Read Psalm 91 before you reply back to me.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL. I'm making the "mistake" of acknowledging reality. Your god-thing did indeed screw up and regretted it. Now, how can an Omni-everything god-thing screw up and experience regret for having done so?

Answer: it's a god-thing created by the limited imaginations of primitive men who pooped in holes.
You define your own reality and then craft your narrative around it. That's the epitome of convenience.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
No, Jesus taught you to offer the other shin. At the end of the day if the truth be known if you have someone kicking your shin, spitting in your wife's face then you attracted it. We ALL reap what WE HAVE sown. Read Psalm 91 before you reply back to me.
Ah yes, blame the victim. The girl who was raped deserved it because her dress was to revealing, huh?

Any way dude, you don't believe the Bible is the word of God, you don't believe you need to be born again to get to heaven and you don't care about your sin. How exactly are you a Christian?

Old 08-19-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Dude.....I don't know who taught you what you believe, but you should demand a refund.
Listen Mate, Rather than just reacting without research, do a search how many times Jesus quoted the scriptures then read those scriptures, then scratch off all that are not corrective and rebuking and you will see you have no scriptures left where Jesus is teaching from them other than in Capernaum where he opened the book of Isaiah and found the place where he spoke of him. The funny thing is you will still believe how you do now, even though your own research as proved you wrong. It is not a refund you need, it is a willingness to be open minded and understand the scriptures by the Spirit as well as the ability to read scriptures with a middle eastern mindset and how they viewed and understood things rather than how we do in the west.

American evangelical christianity is Babylon and all who are part of it should come out of it. You won't believe me but multitudes have.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, blame the victim. The girl who was raped deserved it because her dress was to revealing, huh?

Any way dude, you don't believe the Bible is the word of God, you don't believe you need to be born again to get to heaven and you don't care about your sin. How exactly are you a Christian?[/b]
No, Blame yourself, you know the blame game started in Eden don't you. Obviously you did not read Psalm 91, or you do not believe it applies to you.

You mate, do not believe the scriptures, you have no idea what being born again is, all you care about is sin, and you believe the good news is Jesus Christ saved you from hell to heaven, you do not have 1 single bible verse that clearly states this, but rather than saying to yourself, "you know what actually there isn't", you will continue to believe there is because you to far gone into the belief system you love and cherish, that you believe is founded upon scripture.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You define your own reality and then craft your narrative around it. That's the epitome of convenience.
The evangelical Father did the same thing with Heaven hell and and the bible.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, blame the victim. The girl who was raped deserved it because her dress was to revealing, huh??
Is it not a bible fundamentalist belief that we inherited without any choice on our behalf Adam's sin nature. So if you believe it is wrong to blame the victim then why do you fundamentalists hold the world over a barrel of condemnation for being a victim's poor choice ?.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Quote:
Listen Mate, Rather than just reacting without research, do a search how many times Jesus quoted the scriptures then read those scriptures, then scratch off all that are not corrective and rebuking and you will see you have no scriptures left where Jesus is teaching from them other than in Capernaum where he opened the book of Isaiah and found the place where he spoke of him. The funny thing is you will still believe how you do now, even though your own research as proved you wrong. It is not a refund you need, it is a willingness to be open minded and understand the scriptures by the Spirit as well as the ability to read scriptures with a middle eastern mindset and how they viewed and understood things rather than how we do in the west.

American evangelical christianity is Babylon and all who are part of it should come out of it. You won't believe me but multitudes have.
Right on! Dude.

I left about twelve year ago, after debating much of the same things on this forum for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity