Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 12:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Others are offended easily when their beliefs are questioned too. "I along with many others have always believed what we do, how possibly could we be wrong?" is voice of fundamentalists that keeps them in darkness. When will christians begin to listen to what their hearts are telling them, rather than what their established and cherished beliefs are telling them?. The darkness that Jesus said men love is the beliefs that stop you being open. You cannot contain truth in a book, a mental lockbox in your head, there's always more, but you will never see the more while you believe you already have all truth that there is.
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No, and no one said that ...

They are neighbors you live by for 30 years or more...not exactly friends, per se..
If anyone speaks about God, church, dogma, Krishna, salvation, Wicca to someone that does not want to hear
it.. it's rude, pushy and like talking to a politician in front of your Do Not Disturb sign. Unwanted.

Clients that love me and ask me about my life, and I know are Christians, even a little, I tell them all sorts of things,
you can't shut me up (after I ask, ' Is it alright I talk about this stuff?') and then they come to me with questions to help them at work or something.

Many have no clue, "How exactly do I give my burdens to God? Cuz I gotta problem!"

Point is, know your audience...speak to those that are receptive and don't go over board, cuz
you live next to them and ya don't want them running from you.
I've heard stories about them staying inside cuz so and so is weeding..she 'talks their ear off'.
They don't hide from me; they walk over when they see me and have nice chats.
If I say something about God it's because they are ok with it and KNOW after 20 yrs that's all it will be:
a mention of some gratitude.

Anyone here been talking with their neighbors about eternal torment and torture in hell, and all the adulterers around,
suggesting they go to your great church, by any chance?
How'd ya do?

You're doing good, Miss H, here in this thread and, obviously, with your neighbors. Always good to read your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If you’re going to share the gospel with someone, you will need to point out that “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Then you can share that “God so loved the world...”
Hahahah, lol oh jimmie, jimmie,jimmie...yes that will be the first thing I will point out...
'You have (((sinned))) Dorothy, all have and all have fallen short of the glory of God."
BUT, it's all good, cuz God tortured and killed his son with an agonizing slow death so we
are all saved now...we are washed on his blooooood."

Won't be seeing HER for awhile!

She believes in the connectedness, a fabric, matrix that is at the core of Creation that is lovely and sweet and feminine at It's Essence ...the Mother Aspect of Creation....the Wiccan.
And, she has heard all this before anyway.

That's the thing ...you guys don't realize people already have heard this stuff...what they
have NOT experienced
is a mellow person that just likes them the way they are and allows them to make their own choices.

My ex after 6 months in 2007 (I was deeply Charismatic/Evange...), said, he'd never met anyone in his life more Christian than me.
(He was an angry, bitter, militant atheist--he was a pu**y cat with me.)...and that I made him a better man.

Ya know why...I never tried to change one thing about him, not one...let alone 'make' him believe
in a God.
He'd had enough in church as a kid...he knew the Bible better than ME! Most atheists do.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:20 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Hahahah, lol oh jimmie, jimmie,jimmie...yes that will be the first thing I will point out...
'You have (((sinned))) Dorothy, all have and all have fallen short of the glory of God."
BUT, it's all good, cuz God tortured and killed his son with an agonizing slow death so we

Won't be seeing HER for awhile!

She believes in the connectedness, a fabric, matrix that is at the core of Creation that is lovely and sweet and feminine at It's Essence ...the Mother Aspect of Creation....the Wiccan.
And, she has heard all this before anyway.

That's the thing ...you guys don't realize people already have heard this stuff...what they
have NOT experienced
is a mellow person that just likes them the way they are and allows them to make their own choices.

My ex after 6 months in 2007 (I was deeply Charismatic/Evange...), said, he'd never met anyone in his life more Christian than me.
(He was an angry, bitter, militant atheist--he was a pu**y cat with me.)...and that I made him a better man.

Ya know why...I never tried to change one thing about him, not one...let alone 'make' him believe
in a God.
He'd had enough in church as a kid...he knew the Bible better than ME! Most atheists do.
I was referring to a serious conversation with someone who is genuinely interested in know the answer to the question, “What must I do to be saved?”

Old 08-13-2018, 01:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Ok, I agree. You should NOT talk about it since you can't do it without ridiculing the Gospel. What would be the point?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:17 PM

Good, we're all in agreement!

You guys don't know how this entire story sounds to an unbeliever. It goes like this:

'Loving Father sends son to earth to die....and not a quick death either.
And if you don't believe that story...
you will spend eternity in a lake of fire....
like, forever.
But, we are all saved....wanna talk more about it?' It just does not go over well.
If you think that is ridiculing the Bible ...ok.

This is 1 reason why they are unbelievers.
People have made their choices. And Jesus gave 2 commands. Life is easy.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:27 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
What's wrong with simply acknowledging one is New Age? In the 70's it was honor to be New Age, nowadays it's treated like the plague. No one seems to want to admit they are New Age. When did it become a bad thing?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If you’re going to share the gospel with someone, you will need to point out that “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Then you can share that “God so loved the world...”
No, jimmiej, you don't. What you need to do is know if there is anything troubling them and help them find a resolution. It WILL include the idea that they can be forgiven and they can know that because we all NEED to be on those occasions where we mess up.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:42 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What's wrong with simply acknowledging one is New Age? In the 70's it was honor to be New Age, nowadays it's treated like the plague. No one seems to want to admit they are New Age. When did it become a bad thing?
It's always been a bad thing among the evangelist/fundamentalist Christian set, as far as I know.

I've been called New Age here by some Christians. I took it as a badge of honor, personally. Heckuva lot better than being stuck in the Dark Ages.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:18 PM

'Help them find a resolution'...triggered a memory:

Bear with me, this group will..

One of my early God-filled moments..as in, I was not 'me' anymore I was being used /a messenger of God's...an aura probably 6 feet out...

I was sitting with Sergio, name changed, I mean he came to me...in the Keys...he needed counsel....he had just killed a man:
a man that had looked him in the eyes and begged for his life.
Sergio thought he would go to hell, he cried like a baby...Cubans are brought up Catholic...

My body, my soul, became a vessel of Divine Love...nothing I could have thought...any concepts Miss H 'could' have had were gone;
replaced with such compassion...such love at this whimpering man...and a joy over what this man
was feeling...total remorse, total recognition of a huge mistake....and why? because of God....in the light of God he was a mess of shame and heartbreak...he was broken.

All I was compelled inwardly to do, (I was not in control, oh, and not high on any drug!) beaming from the inside out and I
assured him he was forgiven and he would not got to hell....but rather was loved SO much.
Oh my gosh, the love pumping thru me aimed at him was astounding...I was just some body there God used.

Conduit has a special meaning for me...and that God is (almost) unimaginably loving...which manifests as utter forgiveness....like Jesus to the criminal on the right....yes...THAT was the kind of Love.
Thank you Lord for giving me that example to express to others.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Good, we're all in agreement!

You guys don't know how this entire story sounds to an unbeliever. It goes like this:

'Loving Father sends son to earth to die....and not a quick death either.
And if you don't believe that story...
you will spend eternity in a lake of fire....
like, forever.
But, we are all saved....wanna talk more about it?' It just does not go over well.
If you think that is ridiculing the Bible ...ok.

This is 1 reason why they are unbelievers.
People have made their choices. And Jesus gave 2 commands. Life is easy.
Not everyone is meant to evangelize. Just keep it to yourself if you are going to ridicule the Gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity