Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 04:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Personal attack aside... I will be nice and just say it's a positional issue - not an ability issue.
Why would position be an issue if ability is not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 04:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I bet you have a silver-tongue with the ladies?
And they probably see right through it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74_ZoniuPE

Old 08-20-2018, 12:21 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why would position be an issue if ability is not?
Because that's how God designed men and women to interact within the church framework and marriage framework.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

1 Timothy 3:2 - An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

Old 08-20-2018, 01:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
BF doesn't believe that women can be pastors. Just ignore him like most of us.
Quote:
They can be... it just not God's preferred standard of procedure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's just your opinion. But it doesn't represent the true God that I believe in and that Jesus believed in, in my opinion.
Quote:
Well, if you are basing your view on this outside of Scripture - then I can understand why that's your opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I bet you have a silver-tongue with the ladies?
And they probably see right through it as well.
Quote:
Personal attack aside... I will be nice and just say it's a positional issue - not an ability issue.
Because you make a claim that something is a "preferred standard" doesn't make it so, just ask some of the ladies. And taking a "male dominance" position doesn't mean it has any merit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity