Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
" Blessed is He who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it. "
Blessed are those who hear, understand and walk it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 08:37 PM

3,220 posts, read 912,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Obviously you can't hear because that is what it says. No need to go change it.

Jesus knew what he spoke and those who speak what He spoke have understanding.

Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but He who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
" Blessed is He who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it. "
Quote:
Quote:
Obviously you can't hear because that is what it says. No need to go change it.

Jesus knew what he spoke and those who speak what He spoke have understanding.

Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but He who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
You need to do more than hear it or speak it.
Otherwise, it's not different than being a parrot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3VX8VU9kI

Old 08-17-2018, 11:27 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3VX8VU9kI

Old 08-17-2018, 11:36 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,693,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But calling a book God isn’t having an idol.
Of course it is. As if anyone can actually follow the bible

Old 08-17-2018, 11:55 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Counterfeit love...um, would be fake love...phony love...that bogles the mind.
I mean that someone would say that ...even come up with that.
Oh, wait...I know psychology a bit...'you see what is in yourself'...a projection onto others.
Bingo.

An example.. Many see the Creator Father God as pure unconditional Love...someone else sees that also,
but
with a twist...that He is a punishing, torturing, Father that sends any bratty children to an
eternal fiery lake.

Then, turns it on someone else, that WE have the phoney-fake love.
Some of us are not only College Grads , but Post Grads, PhDs even...
I think some are messin' with the wrong people...we have brains...and know
love.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no hate in God only in the corrupt words "written in ink."
Under the New Covenant, we are to follow the Comforter sent in Christ's name to
guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
You can not say it clearer!
Oh, I'm repeating myself.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:18 AM

3,220 posts, read 912,614 times
Quote:
The son can do nothing on his own. He can only do what He sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the Son does likewise for the Father loves the Son and whatever he does he shows him.

The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is Eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

I can do nothing on my own I only way what the Lord has taught me for the one who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
M
Those words may sound familiar. They are from the guy you claim to follow. But those who follow were sent as He was sent with the same words as Him. So if you aren't a Jesus "parrot" you are not his sheep.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they shall possess the light of life.

I came into the world as it's light to keep anyone who believes in me from remaining in the dark.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and DOES NOT ACCEPT MY WORD he already has his judge, NAMELY, the words I've spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:53 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,917,306 times
Quote:
It appears, you are fitting into this stereotype and fulfilling the Scriptures as you condemn others.
Yeshua did not say not to judge, but not to judge hypocritically. He taught us to clean out the sin in our own lives and then we could see clearly to point out others' faults to help them. But as for counterfeit teachers, He said that we would know them by their fruit. So, since much of the fruit on C-D is rotten then the tree was not planted by Yeshua. Be ye separate and come out from among them.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Scriptures are fulfilled in them.

2 Corinthians 11
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Quote:
It appears, you are fitting into this stereotype and fulfilling the Scriptures as you condemn others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yeshua did not say not to judge, but not to judge hypocritically. He taught us to clean out the sin in our own lives and then we could see clearly to point out others' faults to help them. But as for counterfeit teachers, He said that we would know them by their fruit. So, since much of the fruit on C-D is rotten then the tree was not planted by Yeshua. Be ye separate and come out from among them.
You are not in a position to judge others, until you have gotten-rid of that rotten-fruit. Some people are insecure and have a low self-esteem. Try to encourage them without condemning, that's if you want to help others. Telling yourself and others that you are dirt-bags isn't going to cut it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity