Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 10:41 AM

9 posts, read 2,980 times

Advertisements

BS"D

The following are excerpts from the Jewish heritage that prove that Hashem did not leave His people Israel
On the contrary, God and Am Yisrael made a covenant for eternity that can not be violated in any way.

A. From the thirteen principles of faith ("H'arambam"), paragraph nine.

"I believe with complete faith that this Torah will not exchange nor will there be another Torah from the Creator".

B. It our duty to pray the master of all……For they bow to vanity and emptiness and pray to god which help not

C. For all the lord of the nation are nothingness (Divrei Hayamim 1)

D. God Himself has resolutely declared that He will never forsake the Jewish people.
This is written in Tehillim Chapter 89:31-35:
If his sons forsake My Torah and do not walk in My judgments,
If they profane My statutes and do not keep My commandments,
I shall punish their transgression with a rod, and their iniquity with blows.
But I shall not cancel My kindness from them, and I shall not betray My faith.

E. A message from the prophet Jeremiah16, 2000 years ago

19. O lord who are my power and my strength and my refuge
In the day of trouble,to you nations will come from the ends of
The earth and say "only lies have our fathers handed down to
Us,emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail 20 can a
Man make gods for himself,and they are no gods" 21 there
Fore, behold I let them know, at this time I will let them know
My power and my might, and they shall know that my name
Is the lord

F. The seven commandments are mentioned in Genesis 2:16 (according to Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch):
1. And commanded = the commandment to set up a system of justice
2. the L-rd = the prohibition of blasphemy
3. G-d = the prohibition of idol worship
4. the man = the prohibition of murder
5. saying, = the prohibition against adultery
6. “Of every tree in the garden” = the prohibition of theft
7. “you may freely eat” = the prohibition to eat a limb of a live animal.

The following are the list of great rabbis and works who discuss the Seven Noahide Commandments:
Maimonides, Rabeinu Bechayei, Me’am Loez, end of Sefer HaChinuch, Torah Temimah, Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch, and the Baal Shem Tov who wrote:
The Jews have guaranteed the nations in the Seven Noahide Commandments

Your truly,
Alon Naor
A Jew from Jerusalem

Written in Hebrew and translated by professional translator

Old 08-29-2018, 11:17 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,942,588 times
I take it that this is in the Christianity Forum as a counter to what is known as "replacement theology" and asserts a special place within that religious tradition to the Jewish people and religion because of the fact that the life and ministry of Jesus came about within that tradition.

Ok, so what? The whole point of the life, ministry and message of Jesus is the love of God for everyone without favor or special treatment or approaches to a relationship with God and man other than that basis in concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation we are to grow in.

You appreciate your heritage and traditions? Fine. They are great. They are not something that everyone should observe nor give special attention.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
IF this is a counter to the idea of Replacement Theology....one must simply read the words of Paul to know that God has a plan for Israel. God never intended to replace Israel with the Gentiles. We are simply grafted in.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:02 PM

63,928 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I take it that this is in the Christianity Forum as a counter to what is known as "replacement theology" and asserts a special place within that religious tradition to the Jewish people and religion because of the fact that the life and ministry of Jesus came about within that tradition.

Ok, so what? The whole point of the life, ministry and message of Jesus is the love of God for everyone without favor or special treatment or approaches to a relationship with God and man other than that basis in concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation we are to grow in.

You appreciate your heritage and traditions? Fine. They are great. They are not something that everyone should observe nor give special attention.
The concern about being the chosen people of God is misguided and has kept the Jewish people from acknowledging that the promised Messiah did arrive, but NOT as the worldly King of a War God that they expected. Christ is a spiritual king and no worldly king is coming. God has abandoned no people nor has He chosen any people as His elect. We are ALL God's children and equally loved. Those of us who are evil or wicked or misbegotten will reap whatever they sow here on earth as their spirits are refined in the consuming fire of God's pure love, but we are ALL saved from eternal separation from God by Jesus the Christ.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:58 PM

16,722 posts, read 15,720,104 times
I can't comprehend why this thread was started in the Christianity forum. The Opening Post has not a single word about Christianity. Yet, with the replies that have been made, the thread would be reported as offensive and inappropriate if it were moved to the Judaism forum.

Therefore, the thread has to be closed. Please don't start any more threads about Judaism in the Christianity forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity