Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:28 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I just do not get how this has any baring on the topic, pinacled.
i actually might walk away from my own thread...and let it be a free for all.

Talk on about the rich and the oppressed and Egyptian tombs and celebrities, guys.
Take care...no problem...just moving on...merrily down the stream.
Faith sis.
Increase your faith.
Do you remember Who holds the seven stars in His Hand.

I was only trying to explain or show the moral and historical context of the dilemma that doesn't necessarily involve what is seen in the people who gather to themselves material gain.

In the historical context most everyone has been educated somewhat how a pharoah of Egypt is an example of what Faith does not look like.

Think of the lily and its petals.
Is what is important about the lily its petals alone.
Or is there more to the flower than its array.

Of all of nature singing of the Glory of the Lord.

My first classroom of course.

All so much to hear when listening to David encourage others of the strength of forgiveness.

And of course.
why covet something that has nothing of value.

The language of kings and priest can be a difficult lesson in the short term. But in the long term a healthy diet of hot coals and cold water does wonders for the soul.

Blessings Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 02:37 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I just do not get how this has any baring on the topic, pinacled.
i actually might walk away from my own thread...and let it be a free for all.

Talk on about the rich and the oppressed and Egyptian tombs and celebrities, guys.
Take care...no problem...just moving on...merrily down the stream.
by faith in themselves they all built huge kingdoms of SELF to themselves .. their faith is not the faith God would have us walk in is all anyone ( me and pin are saying..) but if you asked them who there faith was in they would all say "GOd", but it was not and is not God ... they DO as they please.. Not as God pleases for them to do .

y/our faith is in who you/we get your direction from y/ourself or men or God ( or even 100 other possible options) ?
all pin and I are saying pharoah built huge kingdom to glorify themselves.. yet they would say it was to Their "Higher power".. whicih they only looked to themselves.

God is very demanding that we first consult him in our matters.. then go about our day!
we are to "inquire of him " . thus get our directions for our affairs from him. to do what he is doing. Just because He is not like pharoahs.. and will not build a house in vain like the pharoahs did. if we allow it , What he builds for us will last for eternity if we follow in his directions!
meaning don't waste your timeand energy .. work with Him and do like Jesus did and follow what the Lord is doing..

Old 09-04-2018, 04:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Miss Hepburn was talking about having a living faith which comes from deep within, not the miniscule faith that you get from reading a book.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Miss Hepburn was talking about having a living faith which comes from deep within, not the miniscule faith that you get from reading a book.
Yes
And then there comes a time and place when the blood of inheritance speaks volumes upon the water.
Water that ripples with a voice and multiplies the stars in its reflection.

A voice so recognizable that no enemy could ever dissuade the foundation of faith.
Nor pass through the shield and the sword without being utterly destroyed.

This is called the sheep gate.

It is a sacred place where a name is found that lifts the stars just as promised to Abraham. A place few seek, and fewer find.
A place in a name where the Lord chose to build.

Tell you a story about faith jerwade.

It is a place Miss H found.

And no one will, nor can convince her she hasn't found the armor of peace.

Only those who are so bold as to take their shoes off before entering have done so with absolute trust. She only asked in a single prayer. And I hear tell it was heard.
Ah
Memories.

I remember youthful days of the first class room.

Faith is a fruit like no other sir.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:42 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
How can anyone kill your ways except you? The answer is that they can’t. You, and you alone, are responsible for what way you choose. No one on earth needs to follow the way you choose in order for you to walk in it. But let me ask: what do you think will happen to you if you allow your ways to die?
It is as written;

"Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you. "

I would enter into darkness. But because I know this I won't let it happen.

I would be like all those who God closes His eye's to. Like those who reject me and my words.

If I only use my words and speak on my own they amount to nothing because as I was commanded to say;

I can do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the one who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It is as written;

I would be like all those who God closes His eye's to. Like those who reject me and my words.

If I only use my words and speak on my own they amount to nothing because as I was commanded to say;

I can do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the one who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
He has walked through valleys of despair and heights of gladness with his children for eternity.

How could anyone one forget such a Wonder full counselor.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:33 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
He has walked through valleys of despair and heights of gladness with his children for eternity.

How could anyone one forget such a Wonder full counselor.
yes and amen ! the one who is closer than a brother..

Old 09-05-2018, 10:38 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
It is as written;

If God closes God’s eyes, then God would be the one in the dark.

What does it mean to you when you say “enter into darkness”? What would that be like? In other words, describe how you think that experience would be, in literal terms. Have you been in that darkness before?

Old 09-05-2018, 10:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Jesus was spot on
I know many bigger, smarter and stronger than me that went down during the Great Recession never to get up
I came here to calif from overseas in 1977 with $150 and 2 suit cases
But I had the mustard seed
Not a painless experience but a highly successful one

Old 09-05-2018, 10:48 AM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Side note Hannibal

In Each case, the land of Darkness is the land of Joseph, the kingdom of the ten lost tribes who lay in darkness for 700 years waiting on a promised betrothal, to walk in the land of Darkness is to walk in Joseph, in Ephraim, in Galilee of the nations which IS Ephraim, the lost ten tribes sat in darkness 700 years until Jesus, and they went back into darkness 100 years after Jesus.

Armageddon, the valley of Jezreel

Matthew 4
Jesus Begins His Ministry
…15“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles— 16the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned.” 17From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”…

Isaiah 9:1
Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those in distress. In the past He humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future He will honor the Way to the Sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles:

Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned.

Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.

Luke 1:79
to shine on those who live in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

Luke 2:32
a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to Your people Israel."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Isaiah 9
Unto Us a Child is Born
(Matthew 4:12-17; Mark 1:14-15; Luke 4:14-15)

1Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
3Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
4For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.
5For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.
6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Judgment against Israel's Pride{NOT JUDAH}
8The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.{NOT JEWS OF JUDAH}
9And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,
10The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.
11Therefore the LORD shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;
12The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Judgment against Israel's Hypocrisy{NOT JUDAH}
13For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts.
14Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.{NOT JEWS OF JUDAH}
15The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
16For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.
17Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

Judgment against Israel's Unrepentance{NOT JUDAH}
18For wickedness burneth as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke.
19Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.
20And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:
21Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-05-2018 at 10:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity