Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 12:06 PM

22,875 posts, read 10,274,456 times

Advertisements

I really hate that symbol for some reason, I actually get angry when somebody uses it in a reply to me.....I used to hate that thunbs up symbol too, but then I am weird, I used to hate people who used the slang,'' LOL.'' But now I use it all the times, or when people said,'' MY Bad,'' I would cringe at the way it made me feel, and now I use it sometimes too, but that slapping one's forehead, If you use that on me Miss, H, I am telling everyone your great secret.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-03-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 12:26 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
"Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your heavenly Father. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Then shine some! ...
I'm pretty sure Free4you believes that quoting various verses and phrases that are in the bible, or words that are somehow bible related, is doing "good works" and makes him "the son". He finds comfort in that belief, I think.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I really hate that symbol for some reason, I actually get angry when somebody uses it in a reply to me.....I used to hate that thunbs up symbol too, but then I am weird, I used to hate people who used the slang,'' LOL.'' But now I use it all the times, or when people said,'' MY Bad,'' I would cringe at the way it made me feel, and now I use it sometimes too, but that slapping one's forehead, If you use that on me Mass, H, I am telling everyone your great secret.
You're so funny...and I think you meant Miss H...
and what would THAT secret be, Hannie? I know you're dyin to tell it...

Old 09-03-2018, 12:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm pretty sure Free4you believes that quoting various verses and phrases that are in the bible, or words that are somehow bible related, is doing "good works" and makes him "the son". He finds comfort in that belief, I think.
Ya know, I love reciting a view Bible verses myself...I need to sometimes for inspiration.
Why, I'd love to type some right now from memory...!

Old 09-03-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
You're so funny...and I think you meant Miss H...
and what would THAT secret be, Hannie? I know you're dyin to tell it...
Yeah, Miss H, well that would be silly to tell your secret in front of everyone cause everyone would find out your secret and I aint tellin.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:09 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,699,866 times
Quote:
This idea of having JUST the faith of a mustard seed is baloney.

Now, I would like to talk here with people out in the field... real people, dealing with real life
situations, and your faith and their faith.
WHEN have you ever found that their mustard seed of faith has healed them?

Because what I have found is that it takes every ounce of your colossal faith do heal anyone.
YES! We are just like a water hose and the Holy Spirit runs through us...but, guess what ...
to be a conduit takes a lot!
And not a mustard seed of faith.

Now, Jesus...because of his clear connection and knowledge...HE could say that.

It takes SO much to heal people or to manifest anything from the spirit world to the physical.

If you are going to come here thinking in some intellectual way ...or quoting scripture ...
forget about it.

Post if you know what I mean...in healing people personally...in reality...not some scriptural reciting of words.

Can you commiserate with me? Let others read what it's like...those that really put themselves out there.
you think maybe you are misunderstanding Jesus words .. and have confused "faith" for "belief" when in fact it's meaning is really closest to" Trust and Obey for their is no other way" to effect creation..Jesus isn't wrong maybe our translation of that word.. is way more verb than it is noun ish as it is described by athiests and by those around here anyway. it is US that is WRONG ALWAYS ! we are wrong. don't tell him he is wrong... .you are out of your league. you can tell him he is wrong about "your feelings" .. but not that he is wrong about what faith really is. don't go there.
so lets look at what faith is and isn't ..

Scripture is clear.. even satan believes in GOD ... but he put/ now puts not ANY trust in God or his plans . so Now you have to redefine your word BELIEF to a word that Jesus is using..
you must redefine it TO MEAN TRUST and obey .. SATAN DID NOT TRUST GOD. MEN DO NOT TRUST GOD IS BIGGER THAN OUR TROUBLES OR OUR AILMENTS.. when science tells them they are dying , then they will die.. in spirit and flesh they will lay down and die just like sheep.. .. inspite of the of the fact that our maker can and does remake them if asked . that is all about a grain of trust and an act of obeying. so the wWord of God has in time come to another meaning similar but not the same meaning as it has been misused by atheists.
scripture states that even satan Believes .
but what he does not do is trust enough to act on the Lord words Knowing God and his plans are Good.

What Jesus is asking for is the kind of trust that some soldiers have for their parachutes.. that allows them to jump out of a perfectly good plane. that is Jesus definition of a working belief, or a doing beleif.. our meaning woudl be closer to trust and then obey enough to DO a thing for him or in his name and by his leading, that takes trust and it takes obedience ( like jumping out of the plane.) so there is two elements to Jesus 's idea of "belief" and mustard seeds grow into mustard plants.. because they are doing what he has programmed (put in their genes for them to do ) it is part of them , it is who they are ! it is organic to their nature ,, Mustard is them. it is not hard for a mustard seed to do Mustard..

He is a good example of God interacting with men about any subject ! Here he tells the man what to say even , Man "say to this " and the man says it .

Eze 37:4

¶
Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!

Eze 37:5

‘Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.

Eze 37:6

I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.” ’ ”
Eze 37:7

¶
So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone.

Eze 37:8

Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.

Eze 37:9

¶
Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” ’ ” God is doing the work but men have to do their part to proclaim and announce it and witness it .. like in a court of law.. it isn't real unless it is first documented and witnessed..

in this is the pattern of His laws..
the man has to first believe/trust and speak it .. it was through breath and sound that God created all things. and why the fire comes from the two witnesses mouth are the laws he is releasing to undo those they want to destroy .. . it is our breath and song and words that effect creation like it was his breath words and songs that filled creation.... the Father wishes to interact with his creation.. and he will do what you ASK! believing/ trusting in him . the laws of change are in our words and in our breath. just like they are in his words and his breath.
obedience/ trust to speak or sing when told to is what going to effect his creation for you !!!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-03-2018 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 01:12 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Ya know, I love reciting a view Bible verses myself...I need to sometimes for inspiration.
Why, I'd love to type some right now from memory...!
I agree.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I really don't have too much of a problem with that, until it becomes the bible(my way) or the highway. Jesus taught no such thing, he taught this i am the way to the Father.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I really don't have too much of a problem with that, until it becomes the bible(my way) or the highway. Jesus taught no such thing, he taught this i am the way to the Father.
He was speaking as the alter of Incense, no body can approach the father without going through the alter of incense that Jesus is. You put your prayers on the alter of incense to Jesus, and as the alter, Jesus offers your prayers to the father in smoke, and while the prayers of his smoke is speaking, there is silence for 30 min.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He was speaking as the alter of Incense, no body can approach the father without going through the alter of incense that Jesus is. You put your prayers on the alter of incense to Jesus, and as the alter, Jesus offers your prayers to the father in smoke, and while the prayers of his smoke is speaking, there is silence for 30 min.
Hanny, you make it difficult for the seeker to come, the message is simple, seek and you will find. You jews and christians have no control over this and you don't like it. You want to say, NO, you are in error, you can't go this way or that.. ... Well, mind your own business and allow him who said draw near to me and i will draw near to you take care of what you lot TRY to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity