Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 12:49 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,231,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am not interested in your book, chapter and verse mentality, as I do not see the Scriptures as being inerrant or infallible.
what you're interested in I'm not concern about .... .

so I take it that you cannot find any scripture to support your beliefs?.

I thought so, Good day 2 you.

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 12:53 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,330,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Jerwade: You are a precious stone!
Agreed.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:06 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,355,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
what you're interested in I'm not concern about .... .

so I take it that you cannot find any scripture to support your beliefs?.

I thought so, Good day 2 you.

PICYJAG.

As if someone needs a book to save them. What about the saints throughout the ages that never saw a bible? Good day to you with that anti-Christ attitude.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:09 PM

18,877 posts, read 6,891,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

As if someone needs a book to save them. What about the saints throughout the ages that never saw a bible? Good day to you with that anti-Christ attitude.
They believed what the apostles taught. Interesting enough, they recorded those teachings in a collection of books known as "The Bible".

Old 09-05-2018, 01:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,857,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What a great post! I love your fortune cookies, Jer, but I really appreciate when you give a bigger glimpse of your heart and mind.
WELL worth repeating

Old 09-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

one scripture, 1 John 2:20 "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things".

this goes back to Acts 2:38 and 39....

PICYJAG

Old 09-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
First thanks for the reply, second, so your interjection was for you then... LOL, LOL, LOL.

as for you, I refer to Revelation 22:11. ...

now for others, my point is this "diversified Oneness" is based on God the Spirit as the "share" of a numerical difference of the SAME PERSON as G243 allos states vs the separation of God as three persons.

so I see you cannot, or is willing not to understand nor accept, this concept, which is bible based.

PICYJAG
Your citation:
11Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy.”

In other words you HAVE no answer and my point about it being your personal ego trip stands.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:20 PM

attitudes, it move me not one bit.

and speaking of attitude, I'm like my Lord and Saviour,

Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:35 "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Matthew 10:36 "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Matthew 10:37 "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:38 "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 10:40 "He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Matthew 10:41 "He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Matthew 10:42 "And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

I'm not here to slap each other on the back, you already have your reward...and getting in a conspiracy? no, "how can two walk together unless they agree".

PIVYJAG

Last edited by 101c; 09-05-2018 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 09-05-2018, 01:24 PM

But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give a defense to everyone who asks you the reason for the hope you possess. But respond with gentleness and respect,

Old 09-05-2018, 01:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,241,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That is correct, and I do not live my life according to the dogma that is taught by people such as yourself. I have listened to that for well over a half-century, while studying Scriptures and the various languages themselves. But I have a greater faith and hope than that of people being bullies on the playground. And I do not see that believing that Jesus is God or a god changes they way people should live out their lives in peace and harmony for the well-being of everyone on this planet. Religion such as yours CREATES ONLY DIVISION AND SEPARATION.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You also claim to base your opinions (and that's all that they are - opinions) on reason and knowledge. Yet you apparently believe in a resurrection of some sort.
''Death comes to everyone, it will be knocking at your door in the near future; and surely you will die. So, yes, it is a "part of this life," whether you like it or not is irrelevant, you will close your eyes without a thought or a dream, as the time for death has not been eradicated!''

Post #20 - //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post52977502
How is resurrection based on human reasoning and knowledge to which you appeal? It seems to me that you simply believe whatever you choose to believe.
What you rely on are the perceptions and opinions of others, the only difference between you and me is you see them as inerrant or infallible, whereas, I do not. As for a resurrection, I do not see death as the end all to life as energy transforms, but what that life will be like is merely speculation for the present time. We can dream and have fantasies about streets of gold, nothing wrong with that - but to be realistic, neither of us know. And I don't have a problem with that, even if it were a sleep without dreams. I don't fear my own mortality, nor the thought of death.

The problem is in that of condemning other people who do not believe as you do. And, as I have stated at other times, if one of your beliefs fall the rest will come crumbling down around you like domino's. So, it stands to reason that you will have to believe and support each and everyone of them without admitting you have erred, and we know that won't happen as you have no humility. And the only thing I hear from you is a recording, which I have heard time and time, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity