Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 10:10 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it say this about the messiah?...
I'm not talking about the messiah. That's a term I don't relate to at all anymore. The God who is love is my "salvation" and I believe is always with each of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 10:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
E v e r y w h e r e.

Messiah is here now, he just don't know who he is yet.

Of course Christians believe Messiah comes as a spirit inside a bride.
In every Jewish generation there is one person with the potential to be the Mashiach, however, if that one person does not perform all that he is to perform, then he is not the Mashiach...

Old 09-09-2018, 10:55 AM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
In every Jewish generation there is one person with the potential to be the Mashiach, however, if that one person does not perform all that he is to perform, then he is not the Mashiach...
I see all Jews as a Messiah.

The Messiah. When God comes to have a face to face with all of Judah alone, it is my understanding that all of them are suddenly indwelled with the spirit of Messiah because of so many prophesies showing this thing taking place in so many ways. If Messiah came today, I mean that the whole nation of Israel becomes as angels while the rest of the world is afraid.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:20 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,631 times
Quote:
Where does it say that he is coming “again”?...
Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation".

PICYJAG.

PS, he came in appearance the first time as a babe, soon to come KING.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation".

PICYJAG.

PS, he came in appearance the first time as a babe, soon to come KING.
Of course you mean that he came as a servant making servants, and then the king is to come?

Babe?

He was the first born son into a new kingdom, but a grown, mature son, not a babe still on milk.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
God already came for me. You too. God is so close there's no separation between God and us.
You amaze me sometimes, you say the truest things.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

"Christ" has come, is coming, will come. It's something each individual must experience for themselves, available to each of us in every present moment.
How can you come to a place where you already are? LOL

Old 09-09-2018, 12:34 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,631 times
Quote:
Of course you mean that he came as a servant making servants, and then the king is to come?

Babe?

He was the first born son into a new kingdom, but a grown, mature son, not a babe still on milk.
First thanks for the response, but no he was BORN King, scripture, Matthew 2:1 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Matthew 2:2 "Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him".

was was King already, but lived a life of a servant for our example.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
First thanks for the response, but no he was BORN King, scripture, Matthew 2:1 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Matthew 2:2 "Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him".

was was King already, but lived a life of a servant for our example.

PICYJAG.
Why does this contradict your first post?

Earlier you said he came first as a Babe, and then he comes as a king.

And if Jesus lived a life as the servant of Israel, why don't Christians follow his example?

The first thing Jesus said to Israel was this,'' I have come to fulfill the prophesies of Isaiah 60, and Isaiah 61 to proclaim the days of God making all Gentiles servants to Israel.''

Jesus completely surrendered to Judah, just as all those disciples had submitted to the priests of Judaism. Paul was a Roman citizen and he had no reason to submit his life to the priests of Judaism to judge him and kill him if they found him guilty as Paul had found Stephen guilty. But Paul DID surrender to the priests of Judaism SHOWING them to be his authority when he was proving that he never taught Jews not to keep the laws of Moses, and had they found Paul guilty, and had Paul not proven his innocent of the lies and rumors, they would have surely killed him for being a false prophet deserving death.

All of them came running in complete surrender as servants, so why don't Christians follow or even have the same worship system as Christ?

Old 09-09-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
E v e r y w h e r e.
Of course Christians believe Messiah comes as a spirit inside a bride.
I was made fun of
for saying that here...I don't talk in terms of a Messiah...The Christ is... well the Christ!, in us, all around...ya gotta practice a 6th sense, tho, like in stillness as you would in a forest at night, unmoving,
listening for a twig to snap...it takes an acute focus, like turning the dial of a radio station exactly.
Or the tuning into the tumblers, precisely, as a safe cracker.
If you have never tuned into the Unseen... then, you do think we are nuts.

PS 'Everywhere' in Greek and Aramaic means everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity