Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 06:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
The Sabbath Day doesn't start and end in evenings in the Bible. The day is the period of the Sabbath Day.
Nope,you’re wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 01:04 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
I get it - you don't care. I as well as others do care when the Sabbath Day starts and ends.
Quote:
Because it is important to God. It is therefore important to me.
Why in the world would you think it is important to God??

Old 09-22-2018, 02:54 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why in the world would you think it is important to God??

It is important to me because God created it for us.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
You know, you may be a fussbudget and an enthusiast who thinks he has discovered something different, but God isn't.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
I agree with you there, but the repetitive observance every 7 day was because they could not remove their sin. our sabbath is in Christ Jesus the Spirit. hence no more sunrise or sunsets, ... a DAY, for every day in the Spirit is the SABBATH REST.

no men feasts or holy days, for JESUS is Holy, and if we're in him then we're holy, for, 1 Peter 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy". where is that written? Leviticus 19:1 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Leviticus 19:2 "Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy".

for we are to REMEMBER the Sabbath for it is Holy. and this Holiness came on Pentecost. so there is no more observance, for it is within us, and we should be, or LIVE holy EVERYDAY.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:36 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I agree with you there, but the repetitive observance every 7 day was because they could not remove their sin. our sabbath is in Christ Jesus the Spirit. hence no more sunrise or sunsets, ... a DAY, for every day in the Spirit is the SABBATH REST.

no men feasts or holy days, for JESUS is Holy, and if we're in him then we're holy, for, 1 Peter 1:16 "Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy". where is that written? Leviticus 19:1 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Leviticus 19:2 "Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy".

for we are to REMEMBER the Sabbath for it is Holy. and this Holiness came on Pentecost. so there is no more observance, for it is within us, and we should be, or LIVE holy EVERYDAY.

PICYJAG.
Observing Shabbat has nothing to do with sin...

Old 09-22-2018, 03:58 PM

525 posts, read 348,310 times
Richard1965,
re: "Observing Shabbat has nothing to do with sin..."

Maybe, maybe not. 1 John 3:4 says that sin is lawlessness, so not obeying the Sabbath law would seem to be sin.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Observing Shabbat has nothing to do with sin...
You have no clue what the Sabbath Means, you think it means just "REST" from your Physical labor. LOL. knowing the Sabbath God establish and understanding Sabbath is totally different. it's the gospel in a nutshell.

the First and only Sabbath was Establish by God at the end of Creation. it is to be observed. which means it has it fulfillment in the NT.

God preached the Sabbath to all men, not just the nation of Israel, but all men.

see, Sabbath is the DEATH, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus the Christ for all men. you have no clue to the Sabbath understanding.

just study Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed".

Just in this one verse, one have the Death, the Burial, and the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus rolled into one Verse. but you can't see it. ..... (smile).

PICYJAG.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
Richard1965,
re: "Observing Shabbat has nothing to do with sin..."

Maybe, maybe not. 1 John 3:4 says that sin is lawlessness, so not obeying the Sabbath law would seem to be sin.
There is a difference between being "lawless" and recognizing when a Law is fulfilled spiritually, just as the Jews who no longer observe the Law concerning sacrifices recognize that the purpose IS fulfilled. The only connection between Sabbath and "sin" is that we now have our "rest" in Christ and the love of God. Be sure to read the rest of 1 John 3.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
There is a difference between being "lawless" and recognizing when a Law is fulfilled spiritually, just as the Jews who no longer observe the Law concerning sacrifices recognize that the purpose IS fulfilled. The only connection between Sabbath and "sin" is that we now have our "rest" in Christ and the love of God. Be sure to read the rest of 1 John 3.
True, our Rest is in Christ JESUS. and what we REST from are the Woks of the Flesh. Galatians 5:19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:20 "Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 "Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God".

for if one is in Christ JESUS he give us rest, Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”.

and this rest is fulfilled by the Lord Jesus who fulfilled the Law. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine".

and our Righteousness is in the Lord Jesus.

PICYJAG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity