Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 11:27 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I listened to George Noory on Coast to Coast AM and a caller suggested listeners pray to make Hurricane Florence less dangerous. I'd heard some Christians/Evangelicals were doing that, so I figured, why not? It would be an interesting experiment. I know Noory had made it rain a few years back, possibly more than once in difference drought stricken areas, when he asked his listeners to pray for rain. In one case it flooded!

I woke up this morning to hear Florence which had been predicted to strengthen, had actually weakened to a Category 2!

So keep praying that it totally fizzles out!
And if it had increased, it could be argued that without the prayer, it would have increased even more. Or 'Keep Praying'...and in time ...it'll decrease, and THEN prayer can take the credit. That's a good one. When you get a family standing in the ruins of their house, holding hands and tearfully praising God, ANYTHING will do. If the prayer was for the hurricane to cease and it just winked out, THEN I might be dumbfounded. But the secret is to only pray for what - with a bit of luck, might happen anyway. What was Pat Robertson doing recently? Making some kind of coinflip prediction? If he guesses right, it'll be a feather in his cap. if not, it'll be shrugged off.

And always remember, the secret is to count the hits and forget the misses.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-13-2018 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 12:59 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
But as we can see God has been warning the intercessors for weeks now.
The Lord and His spirit is calling not just one pastor ( that you are ragging on )to prayer for our nations!
to intercede for the spiritually weak in faith , who can't or won't do it for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-csFNCHmErY
these people are from Australia.. so God is calling his people world wide to prayer for a reason..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-13-2018 at 01:09 PM..

Old 09-13-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But you wanna bet he and those that prayed with him will take credit for it?
why you jealous that God answers prayer?
He promises to answer all such prayers if done in faith.
I have faith for storms .. I don't have faith for somethings!
and my prayers don't work then.
though I do keep trying..
yes I know he tells me on such matters that I am very trying..

Old 09-13-2018, 01:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
This hurricane was downgraded in category, but it's HUGE and it is going to decimate North Carolina and cause a lot of floods far inland. It's a tragedy unfolding. Never be fooled by the CAT of a hurricane. That is simply the measure of the current wind speed, not the SIZE of the storm. This is a BIG storm that simply slowed down which is actually worse than if it had moved fast.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
This hurricane was downgraded in category, but it's HUGE and it is going to decimate North Carolina and cause a lot of floods far inland. It's a tragedy unfolding. Never be fooled by the CAT of a hurricane. That is simply the measure of the current wind speed, not the SIZE of the storm. This is a BIG storm that simply slowed down which is actually worse than if it had moved fast.
then start praying instead of accusing ! !

Old 09-13-2018, 01:26 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
then start praying instead of accusing ! !
So god needs to HEAR you begging before it does anything?

Old 09-13-2018, 01:28 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Praying does not = begging, dope-ster. God had no need or desire for beggars.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So god needs to HEAR you begging before it does anything?
he loves to hear me ask.. and beg.. sure because he wants us to know he loves us and he wants to answer our begging (as you call it )..
actually the "meek" who " inherit the earth " is a term used for war horses..
those horses that stand and stomp with a huge knight with full armor.. , and snot and prance . they are just waiting to Go.. like a prize fighter who holds
his right arm.. to the right moment to knock out his opponent.. .. the meek.. aren't afraid.. like the Horses they are ready to fight the fight and Not afraid of anything..
the meek are not the weak. the weak willl not inherit the earth.. the meek will. the meek are the willing and are total power undercontrol.. yes as you say it....he trains us to beg.. but his word says we are to "ask".. ask.. seek.. find . why because he wants us to know He did it for us.. and that he will do it for us again .. . and so trains us to get an answer from him .. to look for that answer.. to be ready and prepared for that answer....
because he wants us strong and not afraid of fear .. like you all..

in the same way you give your wife a present and sign your name to it.. your mad because Jesus signs his name to his gifts?
you forget he is a man too..
you know when you do one chore like take out the trash once a week.. .. you come in for a kiss from your wife.. for being a good BOY right ?

He is a man ! Jesus is a man..and he wants his kiss after He does his chores too.
why are you surprized?
or so dang unrealistic..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-13-2018 at 01:47 PM..

Old 09-13-2018, 01:34 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
"Lord, I pray in Jesus name that someone posts a Post #5 on this thread, Amen"

Old 09-13-2018, 01:37 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
And you wonder why there are 30,000+ sect of xiality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Praying does not = begging, dope-ster. God had no need or desire for beggars.

You two need to get on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
he loves to hear me ask.. and beg.. sure because he wants us to know he loves us and he wants to answer our begging..
actually the "meek" who " inherit the earth " is a term used for war horses..
those horses that stand and stomp , and snot and prance . just waiting to Go.. like a prize fighter who hold
his right arm.. to the right moment.. like the Horses they are ready to fight the fight and Not afraid a of anything..
they total power undercontrol.. yes as you call it....he trains us to beg.. but his word says we are to ask.. ask.. seek.. find .. and trains us to get answered..
because he wants us strong and not afraid of fear .. like you all..

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 09-13-2018 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity