Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 01:24 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I asked what god it was and that was your answer.

The "No?" in the end of my post, means you can explain your point if I was wrong. So, agape is NOT god then?
Please ask the followers of that belief system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 01:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, you deliberately left out the author of the quotes name.
It was written by the late Clark Pinnock, an influential evangelical theologian.

But from a moral perspective I would agree with his assessment.
Quote:
Quote:
No, that is not what I showed you. I showed you your own post, which you denied making, and even accused me of lying when I said made it. Why make stuff up? Why do you always start talking about me when you are caught in a lie?

Your post:

Quote:
Everlasting torment is intolerable from a moral point of view because it makes God into a bloodthirsty monster who maintains an everlasting Auschwitz (a concentration camp) for victims whom he does not even allow to die
I was talking about this post above. Where you conveniently left off the authors name.
But we already know your modus operandi which is misdirection and manipulation.

And, as I have stated "from a moral perspective I would agree with his assessment.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Please ask the followers of that belief system.
I prefer not to put up with their anger and game-playing.

So, I take it you do not share their beliefs then.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-27-2018 at 01:58 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I prefer not to put up with their anger.

So, I take it you do not share their beliefs then.
Why so personal? are you thinking of asking me out or something?

Old 09-27-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I was talking about this post above. Where you conveniently left off the authors name.
Go cry me river

I quoted the whole thing, and even gave you the link so you can read it again, and now you whine because I didn't quote it again. Accusations..... Unreal. It must be that spirit of your speaking through your month.

Sorry to say Jerwade, but you are a very dishonest person.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I prefer not to put up with their anger.
Yours beliefs are not worth getting angry over(anger is not good for your health too), they are laughable at best, contradictory, full of flaws and unscriptural.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Why so personal? are you thinking of asking me out or something?
I asked the question from you, because I assumed you share their belief system (you answered on their behalf before), but now you told me to ask the followers of that belief system, which clearly indicates you do not share it.

At this point I do not know if you share that belief or not, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:

And, as I have stated "from a moral perspective I would agree with his assessment."
Quote:
Go cry me river

I quoted the whole thing, and even gave you the link so you can read it again, and now you whine because I didn't quote it again. Accusations..... Unreal. It must be that spirit of your speaking through your month.

Sorry to say Jerwade, but you are a very dishonest person.
Read it, again. And, as I have stated "from a moral perspective I would agree with his assessment."

Quote:
No, that is not what I showed you. I showed you your own post, which you denied making, and even accused me of lying when I said made it. Why make stuff up? Why do you always start talking about me when you are caught in a lie?

Your post:

Quote:
Everlasting torment is intolerable from a moral point of view because it makes God into a bloodthirsty monster who maintains an everlasting Auschwitz (a concentration camp) for victims whom he does not even allow to die

Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I asked the question from you, because I assumed you share their belief system (you answered on their behalf before), but now you told me to ask the followers of that belief system, which clearly indicates you do not share it.

At this point I do not know if you share that belief or not, but I guess it doesn't matter.
There's no need to personalize these threads unless one is looking for something besides the topics.

I don't care anything about individual beliefs on the Christianity forum, although it might be interesting to hear about some of them over on the R&S forum.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
There's no need to personalize these threads unless one is looking for something besides the topics.
That's fine. There is no need for you to say what you believe, or don't believe.

I asked because I thought you had the knowledge to explain my question, but at this point it is best to move on. It feels like asking a Hindu questions about Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity