Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 04:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
It is written in Leviticus 11:44 I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground. I am the LORD, who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.

It is about clean and unclean food.

Peter refers to that verse while advising Christians to "be holy" by being alert, sober and avoiding evil desires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 05:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Good to hear you do not believe God is wrathful, vengeful and murderous.
Right. This is new for Finn.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Right. This is new for Finn.
I never, ever said God was a monster. That is what univeralists and atheists claim, not me. Lets not play dumb, and lets not be dishonest.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never, ever said God was a monster. That is what univeralists and atheists claim, not me. Lets not play dumb, and lets not be dishonest.
Oh i see. it's a Holy God's prerogative to be wrathful, vengeful and murderous. Funny how the scriptures tell us to be holy like our heavenly Father but i have no desire to be any of those 3 things(how about you?), i guess i should brush up on being wrathful, vengeful and murderous so i can be holy like our heavenly Father. Be holy pcamps, but let me be the holy vengeful wrathful murderous one.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:19 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
You imply it by insisting that every word of the Old Testament is the true word of God. Do you deny this? Go ahead and do your favorite dance, (the twist) to weasel your way out of the question.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
You imply it by insisting that every word of the Old Testament is the true word of God. Do you deny this? Go ahead and do your favorite dance, (the twist) to weasel your way out of the question.
What's with the attitude? I agree with 2 tim 3:16, but I'll leave the twisting, dancing and judging God to you since you have already gained steam doing it.

Feel free to call God anything you want. All you managed to do is prove my point.

I wont help you derail the thread. Have a nice day.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:16 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
Quote:
Forums? God is being called a monster here (quote: "wrathful, vengeful, murderous monster they read so much about in the OT"). Not sure what worship centers you are referring to, but surely there is a wide range, but I doubt there are many which would call God a monster.
Yes, posters on this forum have called the Lord vile names. Hopefully, they will take the time to reflect on the Lord’s prayer and think about what they are saying.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Yes, posters on this forum have called the Lord vile names. Hopefully, they will take the time to reflect on the Lord’s prayer and think about what they are saying.
I agree calling our Heavenly Holy Father wrathful and vengeful is pretty bad.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
The both of you are incorrect, no one has called God a monster - it's what you believe about him.
So, try being a bit more honest and have some personal integrity before falsely accusing others.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, lets hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity