Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:38 AM

76,974 posts, read 47,311,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
IIRC, what has been said is that God could be viewed as a wrathful monster by the way he was portrayed in most of the OT. "God" orders children and woman and animals killed, etc.
I quoted the words, so I know there is no "could" in those claims.

Anyway, I appreciate you all for proving my point.

OT calls God Holy
NT calls God Holy
Jesus calls God Holy
People around here call Him a monster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What's with the attitude? I agree with 2 tim 3:16, but I'll leave the twisting, dancing and judging God to you since you have already gained steam doing it.

Feel free to call God anything you want. All you managed to do is prove my point.

I wont help you derail the thread. Have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I knew you would not directly answer the question. You never do.
It doesn't get more direct that that. Stop the childish games.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

Old 09-25-2018, 07:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:

OT calls God Holy
NT calls God Holy
Jesus calls God Holy
No, the way you describe God is monstrous and BIpolar. You like most fundamentalists have no idea what holy is. C

Old 09-25-2018, 08:40 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,045,735 times
Quote:

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness
Common sense, intelligence, empathy, and education are useful in rebuking, correcting, and training fundies to become better humans.

It's not easy work. But for some of us, it's a vocation.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times
Quote:

So say the mortal men who wrote it.

This isn't even a direct quote from God or Jesus, merely the opinion of Pauline.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times
Quote:

OT calls God Holy
NT calls God Holy
Jesus calls God Holy
The actions and behaviors attributed to God are monstrous.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So say the mortal men who wrote it.

This isn't even a direct quote from God or Jesus, merely the opinion of Pauline.
No one is asking you to agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The actions and behaviors attributed to God are monstrous.
Feel free to say whatever you want. You are only proving my point.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
No one is asking you to agree with it.

Feel free to say whatever you want. You are only proving my point.
You are proving that you are of the same mind of those who did not know Jesus Christ (who is the exact representation of all that God is in nature and character), who attributed everything that they committed as if it was God's doing.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,693,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are proving that you are of the same mind of those who did not know Jesus Christ (who is the exact representation of all that God is in nature and character), who attributed everything that they committed as if it was God's doing.
Even in our lifetime, a President claimed God told him to invade and attack another country, and we know what sort of fruit that brought to the world. A lot of men have said and written "God said, do this, or that" and it was a lie they made up and wrote down or worse yet, acted on. If you think God is telling you to do something or to interpret a writing, be sure you filter it with Agape love, otherwise you will be listening to the wrong voice and following a voice that is not from God.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
I believe you, Mr. Jarber are talking about another god that is not revered by most Christians.
How anyone could respect or admire that which destroys its own creation is beyond me.

For if you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.

― Sir Thomas More, Utopia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity