Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:38 PM

998 posts, read 436,610 times

Advertisements

What happen when we die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 09:57 AM

1,259 posts, read 564,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
What happen when we die?

You are in a state of "sleep" awaiting a resurrection.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

From the verse above it is clear that we are ASLEEP until the last trump.
It also says we will be changed.

"and the dead shall be raised incorruptible" makes me think of a Night of the Living dead scenario!! Im just not sure if the 'raised' dead will attack the living when the time comes!

Old 09-30-2018, 01:05 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
You are in a state of "sleep" awaiting a resurrection.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It also says we will be changed.

"and the dead shall be raised incorruptible" makes me think of a Night of the Living dead scenario!! Im just not sure if the 'raised' dead will attack the living when the time comes!
(smile), the dead in Christ shall rise First, and we who are alive will meet them in the AIR.

and for our change, Job said it best.

Job 14:7 "For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:8 "Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Job 14:9 "Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
Job 14:10 "But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
Job 14:11 "As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
Job 14:12 "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
Job 14:13 "O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
Job 14:14 "If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
Job 14:15 "Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

there is a lot of MEAT here in Job, just for the waiting.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:14 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Raise your hand if you thought you went right to heaven after ya die?

Old 09-30-2018, 01:44 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
(smile), the dead in Christ shall rise First, and we who are alive will meet them in the AIR.

and for our change, Job said it best.

Job 14:7 "For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:8 "Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Job 14:9 "Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
Job 14:10 "But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
Job 14:11 "As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
Job 14:12 "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
Job 14:13 "O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
Job 14:14 "If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
Job 14:15 "Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

there is a lot of MEAT here in Job, just for the waiting.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:56 PM

since we used Job in the OT, let's see the SAME thing in the NT.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him”. (Jesus died and rose from the GRAVE where? Answer here on EARTH. Question what or who went back or ASCENDED, as our Lord Did, to God after death?, answer our spirits, that God gave us, when we were born in the flesh.. so the one’s who is coming back is the NEW CREATURE, or the NEW CREATION, which is the INWARD MAN, supportive scripture, 2 Corinthians 4:16 "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day”). KEEP THIS IN MIND. let’s continue.

READ THIS NEXT VERSE CAREFULLY, IT HOLDS OUR ANSWER.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.(ok, who’s asleep? Let’s look at the word “PREVENT” and it will tell us clearly.

Prevent: it’s the Greek word G5348 φθάνω phthano (ftha'-nō) v.
1. to be beforehand, i.e. anticipate or precede.
2. (by extension) to have arrived at.
[apparently a primary verb]
KJV: (already) attain, come, prevent

Note definition #1. clearly the one’s alive here on earth will NOT go, “PRECEDE”, or before those who are asleep in the grave, that are HIDDEN.

So lets read 1 Thessalonians 4:15 this way, by replacing “PREVENT”, with “BEFORE”.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not “GO BEFORE” them which are asleep". Dose that not make it better to understand.
Those we are asleep in the Lord are here on EARTH and not in Heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
(question, where did they, "the dead in Christ" rise from? do heaven have graveyards?. NO, here on earth.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

well I'm comforted with these words,

PICYJAG.

PS I never heard of any graveyards in heaven....... there is no death there ... so no need for any graves or any resurrection in heaven.;

Old 09-30-2018, 02:24 PM

PS if there are anyone who is still in doubt about the spirit, soul, the "INWARD MAN here in the same place of this "Intermediate Present".

here is some good reading,

What is the inner man?
https://www.gotquestions.org/inner-man.html

this might help.

PICYJAG

Old 09-30-2018, 02:33 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
None of us actually know these things.

I'm inclined to believe we can be present with the Lord, yet still awaiting a spiritual body. But, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity