Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:56 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, if you believe the Bible, then yes, any sex outside of marriage is sin. This is unpopular, but true.
Prove it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
The bible testifies to itself. It never reads "all sexual sins" are listed in in just that one verse
Otherwise only you say it does, which means nothing.

The Bible teaches sex before marriage is sin in Galatians 5.

There are other sexual sins listed there too, adultery for example.
But again, I have no right to assume that list in Galatians 5 lists "all sexual sins"
when there is no scripture testifying to such
So G-d changed His mind?...

Old 10-01-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
this is the old covenant.
Sexual sins are handled differently in the new and old covenants.
So G-d changed His mind?...

Old 10-01-2018, 05:00 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You forgot that if they were in the country that only the man would be stoned because the woman may have cried out for help and no one could hear her, but if in town, they would stone both for she had not cried out for help...
And I think that one cannot be judged without the other present?

Old 10-01-2018, 06:39 PM

237 posts, read 124,920 times
For sure it's a huge problem. I believe the latest stats point to almost 9 out of 10 adults fornicating in American society, which is supposed to be the most "Christian" of nations in the world. Yet unlike homosexuality, people don't usually like to talk about it. Perhaps it is much easier for straight men and women to condemn a sin they don't struggle with, vs. a sin that is far more rampant (statistically) among professed Christians.

The Apostle Paul made no such distinctions. Homosexuality and fornication are equal among sins offensive to God in both the OT and NT. Christians who speak out against homosexuality, and yet ignore heterosexual fornication, are not following the Bible. Both sins are the same kind of abomination toward Him. If we're going to be Biblical Christians, we must guard our hearts and minds against both.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:14 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
did you all know that the U.S.A started to get into the marriage business by issuing licences for racist reasons?

Racism, eugenics, and the marriage license - Piscataquis Observer

The marriage license is a dark and horrible over-reach from government with its roots in racism and the eugenics movement. Its genesis comes from the anti-miscegenation laws, which were brought over from England. Such laws prevented intermarriage between races in an effort to maintain racial purity.

These types of laws were more often used to target the intermarriage between whites and blacks than any other as blacks were the prime target of eugenic scientists and believers, who were convinced negro blood was inferior and weakened the human race. This horrible belief system fomented in our society until culminating with Supreme Court case of Loving v. Virginia in 1967.

Until the 1920s, the concept of a marriage license was non-existent. Simply put, the marriage license was created to prevent whites from marrying blacks. Government agents were gatekeepers or agents to prevent the intermingling of “dysgenic unions” by which “the superior groups (whites) risks polluting their germ plasms with inferior hereditary traits.”

Old 10-01-2018, 09:10 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Sort of a HUGE problem in today's society, don't you think?

I had always learned, that, any sex before being married was considered a sin, also sexual acts upon oneself (sorry.) That, if not within marriage, were considered a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Now, if the goal of a Christian life is to not sin, and honor God.. This has ALWAYS created great conflict for me.

I may be in this category because even if I have not had sex, I cannot say I am innocent of.

If I am saved, (and I am, just backsliding. I also accept Christ back in every time I hear Joel Osteen or go to a service.. I have been Water Baptized one time,) then I am not sure if these things even matter.

Can anyone with Christian background help me out? I'm not really interested in the "There is no God" thing because I know that there is, and that his name is Jesus, son of the Father, who sits on the throne. The three in one.
If you're happily backsliding, are you sure you really ever were saved? Christians desire to glorify God, not glory in sin.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:25 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ironic that you are asking about sex before marriage and your handle is Creamer...
Has HeWillCome made any posts?

Jesus, the only guy male xians don’t mind having come into their bodies.

Not that there anything wrong with that

Old 10-02-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last amalekite 1sam15 View Post
has hewillcome made any posts?

Jesus, the only guy male xians don’t mind having come into their bodies.

Not that there anything wrong with that
lmao!!!...

Old 10-02-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
did you all know that the U.S.A started to get into the marriage business by issuing licences for racist reasons?

Racism, eugenics, and the marriage license - Piscataquis Observer

The marriage license is a dark and horrible over-reach from government with its roots in racism and the eugenics movement. Its genesis comes from the anti-miscegenation laws, which were brought over from England. Such laws prevented intermarriage between races in an effort to maintain racial purity.

These types of laws were more often used to target the intermarriage between whites and blacks than any other as blacks were the prime target of eugenic scientists and believers, who were convinced negro blood was inferior and weakened the human race. This horrible belief system fomented in our society until culminating with Supreme Court case of Loving v. Virginia in 1967.

Until the 1920s, the concept of a marriage license was non-existent. Simply put, the marriage license was created to prevent whites from marrying blacks. Government agents were gatekeepers or agents to prevent the intermingling of “dysgenic unions” by which “the superior groups (whites) risks polluting their germ plasms with inferior hereditary traits.”
Genetics didn’t exist back then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity