Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 12:15 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not nice?, do you realize wherever Jesus went great joy came upon the place.
Yeah Finn! Imagine the joy in the hearts of those money changers when Jesus trashed them with that whip! Songs of praise were ringing out I'm sure!

Old 10-08-2018, 12:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Yeah Finn! Imagine the joy in the hearts of those money changers when Jesus trashed them with that whip! Songs of praise were ringing out I'm sure!
An isolsated incident with the fundies of his day and typically a bible fundamentalist blows it up like it was the norm, shame on you for bringing the message and messenger down to your beliefs.

Here is what your bible states the norm of Jesus Christ was and is.

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
If this is your approach to the scriptures(blowing an isolated incident up like it's the norm), is it any wonder you cannot see the great message of salvation of all.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Yes, he was not kidding around and nor was he lying when He preached His message. His message is a message of love, a promise and a warning.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he was not kidding around and nor was he lying when He preached His message. His message is a promise and a warning.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Where's the warning?. All that is saying is believing him(not believing in him) your life will be the abundant life he came to show that is ours, you are making the rest up about eternal hell, because that is the belief you were taught about that verse of scripture. All that is mine is yours and everything that is of God is all about abundance.

Without a vision the people perish, so says the scriptures...... Jesus Christ is the vision of all who believe him(Not a jewish man with a beard).

Stick to politics because you have no idea about anything concerning the scriptures.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
If this is your approach to the scriptures(blowing an isolated incident up like it's the norm), is it any wonder you cannot see the great message of salvation of all.
Nice try. You said wherever. Show me the joy in that temple. By the way, those people were not what you call fundies. They were the prosperity snake oil salesman that you celebrate. It's part time, self absorbed charlatans that like to play fast and loose with the text in order to make it say what they want it to say. The message of salvation is in fact available to all, but not everyone will be saved.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Nice try. You said wherever. Show me the joy in that temple. By the way, those people were not what you call fundies. They were the prosperity snake oil salesman that you celebrate. It's part time, self absorbed charlatans that like to play fast and loose with the text in order to make it say what they want it to say. The message of salvation is in fact available to all, but not everyone will be saved.
The pharisees were not exactly bursting with joy either. On the contrary, they could not contain their hate, and in the end they had Him murdered.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
The pharisees were not exactly bursting with joy either. On the contrary, they could not contain their hate, and in the end they had Him murdered.
That is because they HATED everything the man who was overflowing with love,grace, mercy and forgiveness towards all those like yourself assume are sinners and worthy of eternal hell, showed towards them. Like you they hated being exposed for their judgement upon those you assume are sinners.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
That is because they HATED everything the man who was overflowing with love,grace, mercy and forgiveness towards all those like yourself assume are sinners and worthy of eternal hell, showed towards them. Like you they hated being exposed for their judgement upon those you assume are sinners.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Where have I passed judgment? Check your mirror when you start spouting that sewer off.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If I were an easy target, then I would buy into the nonsense of religious fundamentalism.
So, explain why the Lake (of fire) carries the meaning of a safe haven or refuge of safety?
Quote:
Why would you? It does not sound nice to you, and you like things which sound nice. The nicer the better. Likewise a car salesman will tell you a Honda is much nicer then Hyndai, so you buy a Honda.

You explain your own nonsense.
It's a good thing that I do not listen to salesmen telling me what to buy or believe, isn't it?
Besides, I would prefer a Chevy Silverado or a Toyota as I am not one to buy a Honda.

Now, maybe you would like to address the question regarding the Lake of fire.
Especially, the word lake, as we already know that you have no understanding of the fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity