Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 08:21 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,023,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
He knows that, but he likes to antagonize.

And you like to snipe while hiding in the weeds.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:27 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
He knows that, but he likes to antagonize.
Sure seems that way. Just trying to draw a reaction from other posters.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:42 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,023,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure seems that way. Just trying to draw a reaction from other posters.

How'm I doing so far?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 AM

7,530 posts, read 2,971,214 times
One Gigantic problem for Mike Duran=

"God has now revealed to us His mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill His own great pleasure. And this is the plan. At the right time He will bring everything together under the authority of Christ-everything in heaven and on earth. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ we have received an inheritance from God, for He chose us in advance, and He makes all things work out according to His plan."

Everything= ta pavnte= the all

The scope of the radical all/pas is clear!

The scope of the creation of the all IN Christ Jesus the Lord is also clear as crystal!

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."

Old 10-03-2018, 09:27 AM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
There is nothing in Scripture that even remotely reflects your understanding of this theology. Most likely this is from Mormon writings.
Actually, there is. But you'd undoubtedly disagree with my interpretation of certain verses. And I'm sure you wouldn't be interested in any 1st and 2nd century writings that corroborate my beliefs.

Quote:
Nothing more to be said about this.
Okay, are you telling me that you're not interested in anything else I have to say on the contents of the article in your link? Because if you're not, I'm certainly not going to waste my time trying to share my opinion. I await your invitation to either continue or to move on to other threads.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, are you telling me that you're not interested in anything else I have to say on the contents of the article in your link? Because if you're not, I'm certainly not going to waste my time trying to share my opinion. I await your invitation to either continue or to move on to other threads.
Dear Katz: Just ignore him! We profited from your posts.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 10-03-2018 at 10:05 AM..

Old 10-03-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It appears he believes that faith is a requirement in this life, therefore, that must hold true after this life?
If I'm understanding you correctly, jimmie, you have interpreted my comments to mean that I don't believe faith is a requirement for salvation. I actually do believe that faith is an essential component of salvation; as a matter of fact, I believe that it is the very first principle of salvation. One must have faith before one can do anything else.

Possibly, the misunderstanding arises from my belief that nobody goes directly to either Heaven or Hell (i.e. a place of eternal torment) after death. I believe that the spirit continues to be self-aware, that it can continue to learn and grow spiritually and make decisions that will ultimately affect the way it will be judged. Faith is still essential, even after death, during the period of time the spirit awaits the resurrection of the body. The fact that we know that eventually "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess" tells us that eventually, all will come to the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ. Those who do not rise until the Second Resurrection (at the end of the Millennium) are evidently what we might call "slow learners." They had from the time the physical body died until the Second Coming of Christ and the First Resurrection to accept His atoning sacrifice. Having rejected it, they will endure the punishment they could have escaped for 1000 years. By the time the Millennium is over and they stand before God to be judged, they will have paid for their own sins and come to the realization that their faith in Christ came too late to help them in that regard. But they will be among the remainder of humanity who will at last bow down to their Savior and be allowed to at least be blessed with lesser reward than will His righteous and faithful servants.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Katz: Just ignore him! We profited from you posts.
So, would you like me to continue? Obviously, you may not agree with everything I may say, but I don't want to even bother unless somebody at least finds my perspective worth considering.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:46 AM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
If I'm understanding you correctly, jimmie, you have interpreted my comments to mean that I don't believe faith is a requirement for salvation. I actually do believe that faith is an essential component of salvation; as a matter of fact, I believe that it is the very first principle of salvation. One must have faith before one can do anything else.

Possibly, the misunderstanding arises from my belief that nobody goes directly to either Heaven or Hell (i.e. a place of eternal torment) after death. I believe that the spirit continues to be self-aware, that it can continue to learn and grow spiritually and make decisions that will ultimately affect the way it will be judged. Faith is still essential, even after death, during the period of time the spirit awaits the resurrection of the body. The fact that we know that eventually "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess" tells us that eventually, all will come to the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ. Those who do not rise until the Second Resurrection (at the end of the Millennium) are evidently what we might call "slow learners." They had from the time the physical body died until the Second Coming of Christ and the First Resurrection to accept His atoning sacrifice. Having rejected it, they will endure the punishment they could have escaped for 1000 years. By the time the Millennium is over and they stand before God to be judged, they will have paid for their own sins and come to the realization that their faith in Christ came too late to help them in that regard. But they will be among the remainder of humanity who will at last bow down to their Savior and be allowed to at least be blessed with lesser reward than will His righteous and faithful servants.
Thank you. To my way of understanding, it’s not faith once you see you’ve made a mistake in your consideration of God. Jesus said, “Blssed are those who believe, without seeing.”

Old 10-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
So, would you like me to continue? Obviously, you may not agree with everything I may say, but I don't want to even bother unless somebody at least finds my perspective worth considering.
Dear Katz: You demonstrate a union with the Lord. Your perspective is outstanding, and yes, you need to continue!

If some of the rascals on this link do not wish to view your comments, there is another wee link where we can discuss any variance as little as it may be. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity