Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 07:07 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok.
My question was how do you all think that came about?
I guess it was magic, even tho, the whole of the Universe is based in math,
equations and physics...it is itself a mathematical structure.
Let's leave it at that.

An ans I would respect is, "I dunno, but now you've made me curious."

Thank you to those that asked me...I think it's better to come to it yourselves.
Just like if we say, "Jesus is God"...means nothing...BUT, when someone experiences that for themselves, whole diff story, then it means something!
There's no room for debate.
I just assume the creator of heaven and earth could simply ascend back from whence He came. I don’t care how it might be explained scientifically or what others think about me for believing such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 07:17 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Worry? I haven't worried since 2006.
I also don't speculate.
I speculated about Timothy today. We had a bible study discussion about him and the conversation was partly about his name and parents. From what I heard today is that his name means something like honoring God.

From what is said of him, his mother and grandmother were jewish while his father was Greek. I speculated his greek part of upbringing is why he was harassed about circumcision.
I also speculated that perhaps his grandmother or mother had been apart of the 70.
Just a thought.

Imagine this young man possibly never actually seeing the bodily ressurection of the Lord being spoken for so boldly by ole shaul and why.

" How Blessed are those having only heard believed"

Awesome right!
Here is an excerpt from phillipians 2
"I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. 20 I have no one else like him, "who will show genuine concern for your welfare.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-07-2018 at 07:36 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 07:30 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I just assume the creator of heaven and earth could simply ascend back from whence He came. I don’t care how it might be explained scientifically or what others think about me for believing such.
Magical thinking is for people who don't like God's ways. God's majesty and beauty are not enough for them, so they have to invent something different.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:46 PM

33,241 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Ok.
My question was how do you all think that came about?
I guess it was magic, even tho, the whole of the Universe is based in math,
equations and physics...it is itself a mathematical structure.
Let's leave it at that.

An ans I would respect is, "I dunno, but now you've made me curious."

Thank you to those that asked me...I think it's better to come to it yourselves.
Just like if we say, "Jesus is God"...means nothing...BUT, when someone experiences that for themselves, whole diff story, then it means something!
There's no room for debate.
Miss Hepburn, I've already answered the question of how I think it came about (posts #10, 22). Whether you respect that answer or not is really quite irrelevant.

There is no need or point in trying to explain God's power in terms of either magic or science. Nor is there any need to try to explain away miracles.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Miss Hepburn, I've already answered the question of how I think it came about (posts #10, 22). Whether you respect that answer or not is really quite irrelevant.

There is no need or point in trying to explain God's power in terms of either magic or science. Nor is there any need to try to explain away miracles.
I know, you quoted scripture...with a description...
ascended up to heaven...the cloud...

Hey, if that is satisfactory to you or anyone...so be it.
I really gave up...God does things logically, mathematically, He created physics, He is the Mind Itself that
works only with what is understandable...so sue me for being excited for people
to want to see how it is done...and that we can do the same things, were meant to do the same things, as we are destined to do the same things, as
demonstrated by Jesus...no reason for mystery. No reason to stay as children in some sort of awe
of these physical mysteries...God Himself is awesome.

So, likewise, if you are not interested...it is 'quite irrelevant' to me.. anyway.
I am not the enemy, Mike. Jesus knew things we didn't...What were those things?

Note:**Anyone reading this years from now, ha, that shows any interest in, "Yes, how did Jesus do the things he did? How does belief work to effect matter....even over distances!?"...would find researching things I brought up quite interesting...I'll simplify it by saying what quantum physics had found....
if you don't find that intriguing, fine...
-I find that we are 99.99999% empty space, quite profound and eye-opening.
Start with *Greg Braden*, for example, famous for decades for bridging science, spirituality with the real world.
(Once senior computer systems designer for Martin Marietta Defense Systems, not some new ager...)

Thanks...there's a whole world of knowledge out there...that we may be able to 'bear' being told about now!
Ref John 16:12

Old 10-08-2018, 11:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Scripture is clear, no need to speculate.

...He was lifted up, and a cloud took Him out of their sight. Acts 1
Strange thing, many modern UFO reports involve the 'unknown craft' disappearing into a cloud, or even coming out of a cloud.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:18 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Strange thing, many modern UFO reports involve the 'unknown craft' disappearing into a cloud, or even coming out of a cloud.
I was informed once, by a fundamentalist Christian, that UFO's are repeatedly seen over Georgia, with this insignia on the side.

Which apparently is the sign of Satan.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I was informed once, by a fundamentalist Christian, that UFO's are repeatedly seen over Georgia, with this insignia on the side.

Which apparently is the sign of Satan.
Never heard of that, but I do know some people personally that believe Jesus was an extraterrestrial being. I also know others who truly believe extraterrestrial civilization created us and our world and even that they should be worshiped as gods.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:39 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

God created the laws of nature -- science. We are bound by them at this time. However, there are other unseen dimensions. That has no need to be explained by magic. The word SUPER-natural simply means that something is beyond what we can understand in terms of the laws of nature. There is no need to bash science in order to believe that there are realms beyond our natural senses.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:45 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Magical thinking is for people who don't like God's ways. God's majesty and beauty are not enough for them, so they have to invent something different.
Not necessarily,
I believe that language is a God given gift. A wonderful tool to communicate with one another in spirit.
How many times have you been so close to a sibling that you understood them wether or not they articulated with precision. Just think about Moshe for a moment and consider How the spirit of the Lord communicated to the world at that time.

Then consider for a moment what miss h is asking for and search the Torah of the heart and ask how to answer.
Personally I can relate with where she is exploring in the spirit.
A level beyond the sod of p.r.d.s is what I know of the terrain.
Who is given glory, power, over all principalities, powers and elements?

Yes, you know the answer all ready.
With God All Things are possible.

Blessed be the Name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity