Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
A hurricane of this magnitude, along with all else that is going on nowadays, would still be very notable as it pertains to Bible prophesy. The fact that the hurricane was named Michael adds a new dimension of interest to Bible believers.
I don't think so. I think it adds a new dimension of interest for YOU. Most Bible believers know it is just the 13th named Atlantic storm of this year.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:15 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, according to Daniel 10:13, Michael is one of the chief princes.

Sometimes a storm is just a storm. We are in hurricane season and when conditions are right some pretty powerful hurricanes can form. And Florida, as well as the rest of the US east coast, happens to be in the path of many of these storms.
Quote:
"Of all the angels God created, only three high-ranking angels are mentioned by name in the Bible: Lucifer, Michael and Gabriel. (Abaddon and Apollyon, Hebrew and Greek names meaning Destruction and Destroyer in Revelation 9:11, are believed to be additional names for Lucifer.)

Lucifer is described by the prophet Isaiah as falling from heaven (Isaiah 14:12; Ezekiel 28:16) and Jesus attests to the fall of this evil spirit (Luke 10:18). Lucifer is now called Satan, a name meaning “adversary” (Revelation 12:9; Strong’s Lexicon).

Gabriel is depicted as a messenger angel, bringing important announcements to the servants of God (Daniel 8:16; 9:21; Luke 1:11-19; 26). Please see our article “Archangel Gabriel” to learn more about the role of this angel. See the article “Angels” to learn more about the purpose for these spirit beings.

Michael is the only other high-ranking angel mentioned in the Bible, being identified by name five times. Michael is a personal name, meaning, “Who is like God” (Holman Bible Dictionary, “Michael”).

Michael is also the only angel specifically called an archangel in the Bible (Jude 1:9). The word archangel comes from the Greek word archaggelos, which means “archangel” or “chief of the angels” (Strong’s Lexicon)."

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophec...the-archangel/
And yet, once again, Daniel 10:13 says that Michael is one of the chief princes.

Quote:
For you to say that, you're obviously not in tune with the signs of the times and God's way of dealing with man's disobedience. The birth pains are on full display and getting closer and closer together -- and more and more intense -- as the Birth approaches.

Matthew 24
[3] And as he [Jesus] sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
[5] For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
[6] And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
[7] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
[8] All these are the beginning of sorrows.
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
[10] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
[13] But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
I am well aware of what the Bible says concerning God's judgments. But I am also well aware that, as Deanna Troi said to Data, ''sometimes a cake is just a cake.''

Last edited by Michael Way; 10-14-2018 at 09:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Wow, pretty sure it's a part of the natural cycle, not god's judgement. Global warming plays a part, and that's human caused, not god caused.
It (the red tide) is caused by the fertilizers used in the Florida plantations. FL Politicians have decided to allow the use of these chemicals for whatever reason. As for hurricanes, Andrew was worse, as was Camille (in the 60s). Of course in the 60s people were convinced the end was near with Vietnam war, war in Israel, assassinations, civil unrest, cold war, fear of nuclear war, drugs, sex etc.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-14-2018 at 09:44 AM..

Old 10-14-2018, 09:46 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. It is coincidence.

It is called climate change due to global warming.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:25 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
"Of all the angels God created, only three high-ranking angels are mentioned by name in the Bible: Lucifer, Michael and Gabriel. (Abaddon and Apollyon, Hebrew and Greek names meaning Destruction and Destroyer in Revelation 9:11, are believed to be additional names for Lucifer.)

Lucifer is described by the prophet Isaiah as falling from heaven (Isaiah 14:12; Ezekiel 28:16) and Jesus attests to the fall of this evil spirit (Luke 10:18). Lucifer is now called Satan, a name meaning “adversary” (Revelation 12:9; Strong’s Lexicon).
Lucifer? Is now called Satan? Neither, Isaiah 14 or Ezekiel 28 says what you are saying.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:26 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
It is called climate change due to global warming.
Hurricanes have been building in African dust to spin into our East coast and our gulf for a million years, they were hitting here before the industrial age.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:32 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Hurricanes have been building in African dust to spin into our East coast and our gulf for a million years, they were hitting here before the industrial age.

Not like this, Hanni. The oceans are getting warmer.

Some members here relish this as Gods doing. Some members want to deny and hide, desperate for coincidence. They are not being caretakers of the Earth. They want destruction, they need destruction.
I think it feeds their need for violence.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:

Some members here relish this as Gods doing. Some members want to deny and hide, desperate for coincidence. They are not being caretakers of the Earth. They want destruction, they need destruction.
Actually the Atlantic has been cooler than average this year. The gulf is average.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:46 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't think so. I think it adds a new dimension of interest for YOU. Most Bible believers know it is just the 13th named Atlantic storm of this year.
I would certainly question whether they are really Bible believers. What's more, Jesus said the last days would be like the days of Noah. What were some of the traits of people during Noah's day? They were simply going about business as usual; hence, hurricane Michael was just another Atlantic storm to you.

Matthew 24
[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:54 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Whether the oceans are getting warmer, I do not know. But, you are definitely taking notice of the devastation by the weather. We simply have a difference in what the Source is.

Quote:
We delight in no one's destruction. But make no mistake about it, God's judgements are righteous to those on the receiving end.

Revelation 19
[1] And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
[2] For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great [harlot], which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
[3] And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
[4] And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
[5] And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
[6] And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity