Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 12:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I am not a believer in Universalism, or Progressive Christianity. The Church of Latter Day Saints would never refer to me as a Mormon. I am a Bible believing born again Christian. Religions that do not adhere to Christian orthodoxy and do not agree that the Bible is divinely inspired without error, are not part of my faith. Would not these institutions agree with this declaration.

For those in my Church we consider ourselves as The Elect. We either have been predestined or freely chose salvation. Regardless, we are the Church. Many are not. So, why do some consider this statement as offensive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
For starters, I don't believe God has predestined anyone to be either "saved" or "damned." So for someone to say, "God personally chose me over you," is offensive. If that requires an explanation, I'm at a complete loss as to what to say.
Personally, I do not know why he was comparing himself to someone who is Mormon. And I highly doubt he has been selected to tell others what they should or should not believe. Apparently, he believes in segregation and desires to have everyone else drink from another fountain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If he be lifted-up, he will draw ALL PEOPLE to himself. What you said is merely the perception of men who believe they have been selected, which falls under the heading of being ignorant, arrogant, and/or self-righteous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually it was a quote from Jesus Christ, which is why you react like someone slapped your face. The message of the cross if offensive to many.
The only thing offensive is that which comes from the mindset of the self-righteous for there is no one greater or less than any other.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
It seems the wording "evolved" somewhat.

The Bible does speak about the Elect, and to say some people are part of the church and some are not is simply stating a fact.
WHAT IS THE BIBLICAL DEFINITION OF THE "ELECT?" Chapter and verse if you please..

Old 10-15-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Actually it was a quote from Jesus Christ, which is why you react like someone slapped your face. The message of the cross if offensive to many.

Your comment actually proves my point.
The message of love and salvation for ALL HUMANITY is offensive to you, Mr. Jarber.
But no matter what seat you have on the bus, everyone arrives at the same time.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:01 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
The only thing offensive is that which comes from the mindset of the self-righteous for there is no one greater or less than any other.
That is how you see it, and it offends you to no end, and you are directing the anger at those who believe His words.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
The message of love and salvation for ALL HUMANITY is offensive to you, Mr. Jarber. But no matter what seat you have on the bus, everyone arrives at the same time.
No, it does not offend me any more than islam, hinduism, hare krisnas or any other religion which I do not believe to be the truth. I do not go around calling them names and accusing them of things like you do to Christians. I know you are offended because it is evident in your behavior.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That is how you see it, and it offends you to no end, and you are directing the anger at those who believe His words.
The self-righteous are an offense to the cross of Christ Jesus, and it is you who is angry or you wouldn't be trying to exalt yourself above other people.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The self-righteous are an offense to the cross of Christ Jesus, and it is you who is angry or you wouldn't be trying to exalt yourself above other people.
Again, this is how you see things, and it says more about you than anyone else. Unfortunately this incorrect view is causing you to rail against others and to lay false accusations against them. It is not a healthy attitude.

Leave that attitude at the cross, and you will do much better.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
The message of love and salvation for ALL HUMANITY is offensive to you, Mr. Jarber.
But no matter what seat you have on the bus, everyone arrives at the same time.
Quote:
No, it does not offend me any more than islam, hinduism, hare krisnas or any other religion which I do not believe to be the truth. I do not go around calling them names and accusing them of things like you do to Christians. I know you are offended because it is evident in your behavior.
So, you equate love and the salvation of ALL people to that of other religions, but not that of Christianism?

Old 10-15-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Again, this is how you see things, and it says more about you than anyone else. Unfortunately this incorrect view is causing you to rail against others and to lay false accusations against them. It is not a healthy attitude.

Leave that attitude at the cross, and you will do much better.
You are the one driving that bus! LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity