Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:15 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I just answered it. Sorry. And yes, it is the correct answer.
SumTingy answered in his own words. Anyone can quote the Bible. Why are you presuming to answer for him anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 06:20 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
SumTingy answered in his own words. Anyone can quote the Bible. Why are you presuming to answer for him anyway?
I answered for myself. Next time I won't quote you. I'll just share my view. Sorry for the trouble.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I answered for myself. Next time I won't quote you. I'll just share my view. Sorry for the trouble.
Well then, how do you know you're not (also a Bible quote)
Mat 7
…22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’ 24Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.…

Old 10-15-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Well then, how do you know you're not (also a Bible quote)
Mat 7
…22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’ 24Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.…
Because I have faith in the promise Christ made. You do not need anything else, while no one is saved by their works. You are invited to the wedding too. Are you coming?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Because I have faith in the promise Christ made. You do not need anything else, while no one is saved by their works. You are invited to the wedding too. Are you coming?
There ya go...full stop. Just that...the rest you put behind that is just your BS stab at being right and frankly, none of your beeswax. Did you DM SumTingy?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
The guy with the wrong clothes thought that too. The parable has got absolutely nothing to do with heaven.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
There ya go...full stop. Just that...the rest you put behind that is just your BS stab at being right and frankly, none of your beeswax. Did you DM SumTingy?
Huh

Well, you can call it BS if you want.

Enjoy your evening.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
...snip...whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
For the curious: The above are the oft-mentioned Magic Words To Jesus. Thanks Finny, for illustrating them for us so plainly.

Fundamentalist Christians - a small, late entry to the sub-sects of Christianity, originating in the US of A in the late 19th and early 20th century - believe one can say those words and be a totally crappy human being for the rest of their lives and still get a ringside seat in heaven right beside Jaysus upon expelling their last, foul breath.

Is it any wonder it attracts the ignorant, the uneducated, the intellectually-deficient, and narcissists?

That was rhetorical....

Old 10-15-2018, 07:07 PM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Jesus was speaking of the lawless Gentiles who disrespect the law, you see, the idea is to accept that you and everyone's grandma is found guilty under the law, and you find forgiveness when you accept the terms.

Before you can find the bridal chamber, you have to have found an extra vessel, and you would have had to purchase the oil to see your way in the darkness, tell us where to buy this oil?

So you are the one, the one good bride who married a Jew?

Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I am not a believer in Universalism, or Progressive Christianity. The Church of Latter Day Saints would never refer to me as a Mormon. I am a Bible believing born again Christian. Religions that do not adhere to Christian orthodoxy and do not agree that the Bible is divinely inspired without error, are not part of my faith. Would not these institutions agree with this declaration.

For those in my Church we consider ourselves as The Elect. We either have been predestined or freely chose salvation. Regardless, we are the Church. Many are not. So, why do some consider this statement as offensive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When you say you believe in segregation, are you speaking of racial segregation or of something else?
Quote:
I think he's speaking of what he has been accused of. Why don't you ask him how he knows he's elect?
He has already answered that in his opening post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity