Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 06:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

Note:Posted before i was done...title should get fixed by our great unpaid Mods! Wish we could fix our own Subjects when our fingers mistype

Watching new TV "God Friended Me", CBS..since I was 19...when an 80 yr old famous artist I was introduced to
complained to me, during our visit over tea, about God and how HE let a 5 yr old
be sick or something...
I have wondered WHY do people blame God for these things and THEN lose all or any faith
they may have had...
built on concepts of what they expected from this image of God*?
Then, express anger and sometimes turn to not believing in 'Him', Who has no gender?

My sister is one cuz she and her hubby of 48 yrs were super good people and her hubby
died suddenly of Sepis last yr....she has lost her faith in Him.
But, I'm not allowed to bring it up with her.
So, here I am.

*Or did I just ans my own question...

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 10-05-2018 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 06:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
we are told to believe that god will provide if our faith is strong enough..when it does not happen people go away because they want an all or nothing god and the idea that they might not have enough faith so they cash out...

Old 10-05-2018, 06:56 AM

Yes, they cash out.

It's like their faith was based on wet sand or something...and missed, My thoughts are not your thoughts.
If I had a ministry this would be a big topic....
God does things we don't understand; there is a bigger picture.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Even the apostles and disciples that walked with Jesus as a human, did not have that strong a faith, they literally saw Jesus perform multiple miracles with their own eyes, yet they still didnt believe, they always needed a little bit more proof.

Even when Jesus returned them after being killed, they all thought he was a ghost, they wanted PROOF he was who he claimed to be...

Point is, if the apostles of Christ had this kind of faith, how in the world should people centuries later, be expected to put their stock into faith?!!

Old 10-05-2018, 07:51 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Miss H, with respect, by posting in the Christianity forum aren’t you asking the wrong people? When you ask people who have not experienced something to explain how people who have experienced it felt and what they thought, 99% of the time not only are their answers wrong but their responses come off condescending and judgmental as well.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Why do people lose all their faith when something happens they didnt want

Their faith was placed in an immature understanding of "God."

Old 10-05-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Miss H, with respect, by posting in the Christianity forum aren’t you asking the wrong people? When you ask people who have not experienced something to explain how people who have experienced it felt and what they thought, 99% of the time not only are their answers wrong but their responses come off condescending and judgmental as well.
Hi For me, it has been Christians that toss their faith out the window or at the least waiver
or start questioning things when, "Mom died, but we were all praying...and she was
like a saint..."....type of thing.
As if, if all goes my way I love God...if the equation I have made up ( good things happen to good people) doesn't come about,
they are filled with doubt.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Because when people place their faith in a concept, or idea, or system of belief, and it lets them down, where do they turn?

God transcends all. If something happens I don't understands, it's because I was wrong, not God.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Why do people lose all their faith when something happens they didnt want

Their faith was placed in an immature understanding of "God."
That is it. And here I am with my Catholicly trained sister who is so sweet...losing her trust and faith in God...
and I can't say a word...

Now, what I see is her unfoldment is her own...in her own time to see ...well...whatever she awakens to...
cuz right now she is a mess of un happiness...her world came crumbling down around her...like
a rug has been pulled out from under her...she said that, too.

So what is being taught?
My ex is an atheist...why? Cuz he prayed for help as a child to stop his father's abuse
to the whole family...never happened. He says he's an atheist...but when he gets goin....he is really super
mad at God....ah, raised in a Christian home as a kid.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:20 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
In the parable of the seeds, Jesus discusses this very issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity