Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 AM

11,098 posts, read 7,159,415 times

Advertisements

If you're judged and ostracized by "the church", then leave. Even better, leave before it ever gets to that point.

Truth is, the church as defined in the New Testament is people (the 'body' of Christ), not a building, with rules, regulations, memberships, petty judgments, and little kingdoms. We've done a great job of bastardizing the word and meaning...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 09:46 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes. Or you can call them fundies. Both work.

No. Only fundies.
Fundie? Hey, I am a minority! I’ve got four fillings. I’m 1/10000 Mercury-Silver alloy.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Fundie? Hey, I am a minority! I’ve got four fillings. I’m 1/10000 Mercury-Silver alloy.

Yes, a dwindling, Yankee-centric minority. Soon to be extinct. Thank "God."

Old 10-17-2018, 01:44 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What does god give me this morning?

Affirmation and support straight from the mind of god...
If people think it's hard being a tattooed Christian, they ought to try being a tattooed LDS Christian, like Al Fox Carraway. In this article, she talks about her first day in Provo, Utah, having just arrived in the state from New York, newly baptized LDS with arms covered by tattooes. When I read how she responded to criticism about her appearance from total strangers in a restaurant, the first thing I thought was, "What a strong, confident young woman!" (Actually, that was the second thing I thought; the very first thing I thought was about the a-hole whose comments prompted her wonderful response. I would not have been so nice myself.)

People can be such jerks.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Examples?
Well, basically everything. You(Evangelicals) have turned everything Jesus taught whether it be the parables, the sermon on the mount,events to happen and his teachings about the way of life, all into heaven and hell messages. The carnal mind has done such a great job in convicting and convincing you of it's either heaven or hell, make your choice, don't question it or what you have been taught about it, because you will end up in hell for certain if you do, that you simply cannot comprehend it to be anything different to what you have already been taught.
And yes you have been taught, nearly all of you on here did not begin studying your bible until you were already indoctrinated with your beliefs about heaven and hell, so it goes without saying that yo will interpret scripture by the beliefs already embedded into you, and what you cannot explain anything with any fluency, you resort to got questions or some other site that feeds your erroneous belief systems. You dare not even consider universal reconcilation because of fearing God will smite you, what a place to be in, i can tell you it is not abiding in Christ, that is for sure..

Old 10-17-2018, 02:07 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well, basically everything. You(Evangelicals) have turned everything Jesus taught whether it be the parables, the sermon on the mount, events to happen and his teachings about the way of life, all into heaven and hell messages. The carnal mind has done such a great job in convicting and convincing you of it's either heaven or hell, make your choice, don't question it or what you have been taught about it, because you will end up in hell for certain if you do, that you simply cannot comprehend it to be anything different to what you have already been taught.
And yes you have been taught, nearly all of you on here did not begin studying your bible until you were already indoctrinated with your beliefs about heaven and hell, so it goes without saying that you will interpret scripture by the beliefs already embedded into you, and what you cannot explain anything with any fluency, you resort to got questions or some other site that feeds your erroneous belief systems. You dare not even consider universal reconciliation because of fearing God will smite you, what a place to be in, I can tell you it is not abiding in Christ, that is for sure.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Examples?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well, basically everything. You(Evangelicals) have turned everything Jesus taught whether it be the parables, the sermon on the mount,events to happen and his teachings about the way of life, all into heaven and hell messages. The carnal mind has done such a great job in convicting and convincing you of it's either heaven or hell, make your choice, don't question it or what you have been taught about it, because you will end up in hell for certain if you do, that you simply cannot comprehend it to be anything different to what you have already been taught.
And yes you have been taught, nearly all of you on here did not begin studying your bible until you were already indoctrinated with your beliefs about heaven and hell, so it goes without saying that yo will interpret scripture by the beliefs already embedded into you, and what you cannot explain anything with any fluency, you resort to got questions or some other site that feeds your erroneous belief systems. You dare not even consider universal reconcilation because of fearing God will smite you, what a place to be in, i can tell you it is not abiding in Christ, that is for sure..

Then you justify yourselves by what you are all doing as a church in the way of good works, we're christians look what we do, like you are the only bunch of people in the world capable of doing good works, and anyone who does not belong to your churches who does good works,well, they are either trying to earn their way to heaven or doing it to be seen of men. I meet people daily who are not christians, that do lovely things with no motive other than it is their nature, but of cause you evangelicals cannot understand that because you have all been taught good works are filthy rags unless they are done by you lot.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:32 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Again, progressive thought leaks into the Christian life. Is it possible that many are not accepted by the Church it is because they value their opinions over Jesus?

Sorry for the interruption. You can go back screaming at people calling them nazis and white nationalist as they refuse to follow your lead as your title suggests.
the sight or channel is categorized as [entertainment]
In short the man is an actor or sponsor.

Ive seen better judgement from just about every poster on this forum.
The man simple prescibed a hypothetical then ranted about how he feel bad about his tattoos.
Guilting others about his own issues reveals a serious lack of maturity.

Not to mention it is inappropriate to be such a gossip.
I noticed the military themed ink and wondered if the man is also prone to other issues that need reconciling.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:15 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If people think it's hard being a tattooed Christian, they ought to try being a tattooed LDS Christian, like Al Fox Carraway. In this article, she talks about her first day in Provo, Utah, having just arrived in the state from New York, newly baptized LDS with arms covered by tattooes. When I read how she responded to criticism about her appearance from total strangers in a restaurant, the first thing I thought was, "What a strong, confident young woman!" (Actually, that was the second thing I thought; the very first thing I thought was about the a-hole whose comments prompted her wonderful response. I would not have been so nice myself.)

What is a LDS Christian?

Old 10-17-2018, 03:54 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

True,
especially promoters of fictional biographies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity