Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 06:13 PM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

That is what Jesus says to people who hate and despise the law, law breakers, workers of iniquity. Jesus said a great deal about a time of lawlessness to come, and it came. The mission of Anti Christ has always been the same, to do away with the law, and to change the times and seasons so that the children of Israel no longer know their set appointed visitation days, and people fall because they don't know the days of their own visitations that would bring them to the day of the coming of the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 07:44 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Jesus was speaking of the wicked generation which is ongoing.

As for the Son of man, he is not Jesus alone.

Jesus was God the Father portraying the Son to show those who follow His example of serving the Father what is to come.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is what Jesus says to people who hate and despise the law, law breakers, workers of iniquity. Jesus said a great deal about a time of lawlessness to come, and it came. The mission of Anti Christ has always been the same, to do away with the law, and to change the times and seasons so that the children of Israel no longer know their set appointed visitation days, and people fall because they don't know the days of their own visitations that would bring them to the day of the coming of the Lord.
Depending on how you look at the 'times', lawlessness could be a good thing too...

Look at the time of the American Revolution, this was a time when many people in the colonies were refusing to comply with their govt (England), they were breaking laws, even resorting to violence, all because they disagreed with how they were being ruled over...while that is definitely lawlessness...it was for the greater good, (at least for America...England though...not so much!!)

Old 11-01-2018, 07:25 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus was speaking of the wicked generation which is ongoing.

As for the Son of man, he is not Jesus alone.

Jesus was God the Father portraying the Son to show those who follow His example of serving the Father what is to come.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you.
If Jesus was G-d then he sacrificed nothing...

Old 11-04-2018, 12:38 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I wonder how one can conclude that Matthew 25:31-33 has failed when it has Not yet happened.
That soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth is still ahead of us.
I wonder how one can conclude that Matthew 24:14 (Acts 1:8) has failed when it just happening now.
Never before in history has there been such a vast international scale preaching being done world wide as it is now.
I wonder how one can conclude 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3 has failed when it is still ahead of us.
The ' powers that be ' are Not yet saying, "Peace and Security...." which is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Didn't Jesus make it clear at Luke 19:11-15 that God's kingdom would NOT 'immediately' appear back then.
Plus, John who wrote the gospel of John, wrote Revelation at the 'end' of the 1st century.
So, the setting for Revelation 1:10 is for our day or time frame and Not the long past.
So, nothing has failed but is right on schedule just as written - Daniel 12:9,4; 2:44.
The question was Did Jesus Fail To Return As He Said?

The obvious answer is YES. As is said in the NT his return was soon and near, within a generation or so. And that has clearly failed.

As far as Matt.24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole inhabited earth as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Paul in Romans says otherwise - 16:25 Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that had been kept secret for long ages, 16:26 but now is disclosed, and through the prophetic scriptures has been made known to all the nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith...

And Revelation clearly teaches his return is soon and near. In fact it says not to seal up the words of that book as such. Daniel was told to seal up the words of his book precisely because the time was far off.

Rev. 22:10 Then he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy contained in this book, because the time is near.

It's not my fault that the NTs predictions of soon and near and that the time is at hand has failed and that it still 2000 years removed and everyone is still having their head in the sand waiting for something that will never happen and is clearly a failure.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:40 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The question was Did Jesus Fail To Return As He Said?

The obvious answer is YES. As is said in the NT his return was soon and near, within a generation or so. And that has clearly failed.

As far as Matt.24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole inhabited earth as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Paul in Romans says otherwise - 16:25 Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that had been kept secret for long ages, 16:26 but now is disclosed, and through the prophetic scriptures has been made known to all the nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith...

And Revelation clearly teaches his return is soon and near. In fact it says not to seal up the words of that book as such. Daniel was told to seal up the words of his book precisely because the time was far off.

Rev. 22:10 Then he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy contained in this book, because the time is near.

It's not my fault that the NTs predictions of soon and near and that the time is at hand has failed and that it still 2000 years removed and everyone is still having their head in the sand waiting for something that will never happen and is clearly a failure.
we must disagree with that assessment, and here's why

#1. the Lord Jesus did return in that Generation, "IN SPIRIT" on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2. for his return was two fold. first in Spirit as comforter, and yet to come in bodily form when every eye shall see him, (that's when the gospel will have been preached into all the world), Revelation 1:7 per act 1:11. his first return in Spirit every eye didn't see. his second return is when every eye will see him.

#2. Paul letter to the Romans was proof that the gospel was not preached into all the world. it wasn't even preached in Rome, hence the letter to them.

#3. Revelation said "NEAR" true, it's only been a couple of days that the Lord Jesus been Gone. that's God time table. for a thousand years as but one day to the Lord. and it's just two thousand years since he left, so it's been about two days and a few minuites.

#4. "It's not my fault that the NTs predictions of soon and near and that the time is at hand has failed and that it still 2000 years removed and everyone is still having their head in the sand waiting for something that will never happen and is clearly a failure".

my answer to this is in conjunction of #3 above, scripture,

2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

2 Peter 3:4 "And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

2 Peter 3:6 "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

2 Peter 3:7 "But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up".

Old 11-04-2018, 05:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Matthew 24: 29

Jesus said he will return and be VISIBLE in the sky to where the whole earth will see him. He said it would happen to the generation of people he was speaking to.

Preterism isn't the answer either; Jesus said his return would be visible to all the tribes of the earth. VISIBLE.
every time I look at the night sky I understand. The paul failed to properly represent what Jesus actually taught.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:30 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
this is what the Lord Jesus said abut his return.

Mark 9:1 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

did they NOT see the Kingdom in POWER, on the day of Pentecost, the cloven tongue as fire>

Matthew 16:28 "Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

son of MAN is Spirit, Son of God is FLESH. so again it's the Spirit that return, on pentecost

Luke 9:27 "But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
again the Kingdom of God is the Holy Spirit who came on Pentecost. and the Holy Spirit is JESUS himself. supportive scriptures.

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

LISTEN REAL GOOD TO THIS VERY NEXT VERSE
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

BINGO, Jesus just said that he will come to them, them disciples in their GENERATION. and how is he going to do it? listen,

verse 21, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

ok, how, verse 22, "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?".

the answer verse 23, " Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him". abode here means to DWELL, or to take up residence. the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit. and that happen on the day of Pentecost. it is the "Manifestation" of the Spirit.

1 John 3:23 "And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 3:24 "And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

this is crystal clear. JESUS is the Holy Spirit.

and to prove the point more clearly, when the Kingdom came on Pentecost in POWER, that POWER, the Holy Ghost enable, (INDWELLED) the apostle to speak in tongues. and one of the "MANIFESTATION" as Judas ask, is speaking in tongue, supportive scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". (there is that manifestation Judas asked about)

1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN ON PENTECOST)

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will".

clearly our Lord returned on Pentecost in Spirit, and no eyes saw him the Spirit, only his maNIFESTATION, but when he return in his "GLORIFIED" body then every eye will see him.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post

Preterism isn't the answer either; Jesus said his return would be visible to all the tribes of the earth. VISIBLE.
Visible in what dimension?, the visible or the unseen?. An awakening always happens within.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 AM

118 posts, read 66,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find at Luke 17:20-21 Jesus is talking to his enemy Pharisees.
Surely God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) is Not inside 'within' those hate-filled Pharisees.
Jesus was within their presence, and what was within those Pharisees is what Jesus said at Mark 7:21-23.
After Jesus concludes what he says to the Pharisees at Luke 17:20-21, then Jesus addresses his disciples at the next verse found at Luke 17:22.

As far as Not travel far, please notice Luke 19:11-15 because Jesus is the Nobleman that goes away to a 'far country' (Heaven) before he later returns.

Well, Jesus clearly said that the Kingdom does NOT come by OBSERVATION, meaning you can't see it, its not something that can be seen, like his presence. "Far Country" assumes distance, is there really distance involved in spiritual matters, is heaven really another location apart from anywhere else? Even if heaven is another dimension, is it really another location, or is it something blind eyes cannot see right before them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity