Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 06:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you reject the apostolic teachings and think you are worshiping in truth, you are deceiving yourselves. If you mix new age beliefs with Christianity, you are being deceived.
Who is rejecting the apostles' teaching?
All Jesus, himself, ever did, for pete's sake, was point to the Father.
That's all I see pcamps and I are doing. No?
I'm following what the Bible says...it pointed the way...ok...now I walk it...and am very happy doing so.
I don't worship the Guide book, that's the only point we have been circling, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 07:14 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
A number of people on this forum reject the apostolic teachings to varying degrees.

Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins?

Do you believe that you must place your faith in Jesus in order to be saved from the lake of fire?

Do you believe that Jesus is God as the Bible says?

Do you believe that Jesus was physically and bodily resurrected on the third day after His crucifixion?

Do you believe that to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord who is at the right hand of the Father in heaven? And I'm talking about physical death.

Do you believe that the believer is going to be physically and bodily resurrected?

Do you believe that Jesus is going to physically return to the earth and establish His kingdom on the earth?

These are examples of apostolic teachings. To the extent that a person doesn't believe these and other teachings, that person rejects the apostolic teachings.

Quote:
I'm following what the Bible says...it pointed the way...ok...now I walk it...and am very happy doing so.
I don't worship the Guide book, that's the only point we have been circling, right?
Respecting and believing what is written in the Bible is not worshiping the Bible. But that is an accusation that people who have a low view of the Bible like to made regarding those who have a high view of it.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
A number of people on this forum reject the apostolic teachings to varying degrees.

Do you believe that you must place your faith in Jesus in order to be saved from the lake of fire?

Do you believe that Jesus was physically and bodily resurrected on the third day after His crucifixion?

Do you believe that to be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord who is at the right hand of the Father in heaven? And I'm talking about physical death.

Do you believe that the believer is going to be physically and bodily resurrected?

Do you believe that Jesus is going to physically return to the earth and establish His kingdom on the earth?

These are examples of apostolic teachings. To the extent that a person doesn't believe these and other teachings, that person rejects the apostolic teachings.

Respecting and believing what is written in the Bible is not worshiping the Bible. But that is an accusation that people who have a low view of the Bible like to made regarding those who have a high view of it.
Which is the other gospel? The one that supports ... Satan, hell, and eternal damnation?
Or, that which says, "He was sent to be the Savior of the world," meaning ALL humanity.

Your worship of the Penal Substitution theory and eternal damnation is based on a mistaken belief.
Simply put, what you follow is the syncretstic beliefs of those who have fallen away from the truth.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:11 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Which is the other gospel? The one that supports ... Satan, hell, and eternal damnation?
Or, that which says, "He was sent to be the Savior of the world," meaning ALL humanity.

Your worship of the Penal Substitution theory and eternal damnation is based on a mistaken belief.
Simply put, what you follow is the syncretstic beliefs of those who have fallen away from the truth.
So you claim, without any evidence to back it. And empty assertions deserve no attention. And the apostles did not fall away from the truth.

Last edited by Michael Way; 12-23-2018 at 08:23 PM..

Old 12-23-2018, 09:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:

I don't believe any of those things. Because I think they're stupid.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:11 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Preach, Mike555!

Old 12-23-2018, 09:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Respecting and believing what is written in the Bible is not worshiping the Bible.
Well, good. Have you said that before and a bunch of people missed it?
Also, what would be your beef with Mike since he has said that, pcamps...or Jerwade ?
I must admit I was late to this, so I'm not up on this whole back-and-forth thing...stepped in late.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:01 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
To answer the OP:

A bunch of craziness, meanness, lawlessness, prejudice, bigotry, classism, et al.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Respecting and believing what is written in the Bible is not worshiping the Bible.
Well, good. Have you said that before and a bunch of people missed it?
Also, what would be your beef with Mike since he has said that, pcamps...or Jerwade ?
I must admit I was late to this, so I'm not up on this whole back-and-forth thing...stepped in late.
I believe he was responding to your post about not worshiping the guide book?
If, you want to know what I said, you can read it for yourself (above your post).

Old 12-24-2018, 02:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:
So you claim, without any evidence to back it. And empty assertions deserve no attention. And the apostles did not fall away from the truth.
I wasn't referring to the apostles, and you know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity