Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 08:32 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know, 'As if!"
Is this another instance of Jesus saying one thing but meaning something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 09:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Except that it wasn't what He said, because that would have been the opposite of faith, and without faith it is impossible to please Him, and He does not forsake the righteous. But that interpretation suited the Marcionites well.....

Yeshua never said, "Why have you forsaken me?" He said, "Why have you spared me?" These words are straight from the Aramaic English New Testament (AENT) which is a translation of the oldest NT ever discovered, the Khabouris Codex which was written in all Aramaic

Matthew 27: 46. And about the ninth hour, Y’shua cried out with a loud voice and said, My El! My El! [Lemana shabakthani] Why have you spared me?
Fascinating.
And there is someone else, yay, that doesn't believe the Father would ever abandon him or us...
no matter if anyone may 'feel' that way.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:13 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Except that it wasn't what He said, because that would have been the opposite of faith, and without faith it is impossible to please Him, and He does not forsake the righteous. But that interpretation suited the Marcionites well.....

Yeshua never said, "Why have you forsaken me?" He said, "Why have you spared me?" These words are straight from the Aramaic English New Testament (AENT) which is a translation of the oldest NT ever discovered, the Khabouris Codex which was written in all Aramaic

Matthew 27: 46. And about the ninth hour, Y’shua cried out with a loud voice and said, My El! My El! [Lemana shabakthani] Why have you spared me?

Quote:
Fascinating.
And there is someone else, yay, that doesn't believe the Father would ever abandon him or us...
no matter if anyone may 'feel' that way.
Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani meaning. The exact meaning of the word SABACHTHANI (Strong's Concordance Number #G4518) is "You have left (forsaken, abandoned) me."

Old 09-27-2019, 09:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani meaning. The exact meaning of the word SABACHTHANI (Strong's Concordance Number #G4518) is "You have left (forsaken, abandoned) me."
He felt what you felt why is this so hard for you to comprehend ? . It was a feeling not a reality.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He felt what you felt why is this so hard for you to comprehend? It was a feeling not a reality.
Exactly.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:48 AM

I see that early man was filled with fear and superstition, and thus, thought silly things
and made up silly things...misunderstanding the entire world...not far removed from the Greek myths.

Old 09-28-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I see that early man was filled with fear and superstition, and thus, thought silly things
and made up silly things...misunderstanding the entire world...not far removed from the Greek myths.
Gods, demons and devils or extraterrestrials?

Old 09-28-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't forget witches and mother-in-laws.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Don't forget witches and mother-in-laws.
Where did mythologies derive from and why? You can go back to the Sumerians, Egyptians and the Greeks. But I believe much of it began over 12-14,000 years ago (not with your mother-in-law, laughing out loud), even before various religious ideologies emerged on the scene, which was around 6,000 years ago. Religion in its ignorance has covered up a great deal of knowledge with its superstitions and exotic views of demons, devils and Satan, among other things. It's like one step forward, and three steps backwards.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:32 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

The Strong's translators, much as I love them, still had bias, which shows up in a lot of things when you start digging deeper. Plus; He knew He was going to go to His death on the cross, so which one would make the most sense for Him to say, and then after that, immediately give up the ghost? Blessings....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity