Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 03:24 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,294,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So when I say my Father God did not kill or tell people to kill in His name...but, rather is Pure Love...
that is giving God, the Father ..the Father of Jesus Who dwells in Heaven...a bad name?
In your opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Your god is too small if you can't see all of him.

When you do that you undermine his word.
And God killed people and told other people to kill in God's name. If that's true, then God is giving Godself a bad name.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:30 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,006,105 times
Quote:

Yeah. The fundie god is big and bad and scary and male. Weak fundie men like to picture themselves that way too.

It is to giggle.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,202,674 times
Quote:

Oh my gosh, He is small when placed into primitive men's concepts and stories told about Him that are cruel, wicked, preposterously evil.
I will not form a paradigm in my head to fit these Early Man fairy tales...sorry...saying
killing goats would please Him, ugh...rationalize all you want and use Play-Doe to form your ideas of Him according to tales told around campfires ...
while I others are studying about the Holographic Universe
and actually seeing, in awe, a World in a grain of sand, experiencing Big Boy experiences for themselves and not concepts from ancient books written from ancient, immaturely formed ideas.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:58 PM

88,022 posts, read 83,846,650 times
Quote:
Hi guys, to clarify...a Christian needs to believe in THIS...not anything else...not even the Bible to be a Christian.
If you do not believe in THIS ...you can not call yourself a Christian.
(No matter how much you love Jesus and follow his teachings to the letter....
and are living a great happy life following his advice! Ha!)

Nicene Creed of 325 AD .Put together by prominent men Constantine called together, to quell civil unrest, badly needed..
Did it come from Constantine's 'heart'....no. It is said he was an atheist at that time.

*We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered, died, and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.*
I disagree with that, although technically according to the CHURCH, you are correct, Miss H.

The Nicene Creed is recited right after the sermon in the Episcopal Church and for the specific reason that if the priest happened to say anything contradictory, why the recitation of that creed will straighten out the questions in anyone's mind. It was created for the sake of unity.

However, I know a number of people who do not believe everything in the Nicene Creed, and yet by their belief in the truth of what Christ stood for, they still consider themselves Christian, and so do I. One of my fellow parishioners is an 80-year-old former priest who renounced his vows six years ago because he does not believe in the Trinity. He did not think he should retain the status priest in a church that holds the Nicene Creed to be its statement of faith when he couldn't accept what it said, even though by that time he was retired from the priesthood.

But this man is still a Christian, a person who devotes every day to leading others in contemplative Christian practices both in our small parish church and also in other groups outside of a specific church or denomination.

The Nicene Creed does not define one as a Christian. It just defines the framework of a particular set of churches.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 28 days ago)

18,778 posts, read 6,825,955 times
Quote:
Oh my gosh, He is small when placed into primitive men's concepts and stories told about Him that are cruel, wicked, preposterously evil.
I will not form a paradigm in my head to fit these Early Man fairy tales...sorry...saying
killing goats would please Him, ugh...rationalize all you want and use Play-Doe to form your ideas of Him according to tales told around campfires ...
while I others are studying about the Holographic Universe
and actually seeing, in awe, a World in a grain of sand, experiencing Big Boy experiences for themselves and not concepts from ancient books written from ancient, immaturely formed ideas.
If you believe that God is only one attribute, and you focus on that one attribute to the exclusion of all the others, then yes, you worship a small god indeed.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:14 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,056,250 times
Quote:
If you believe that God is only one attribute, and you focus on that one attribute to the exclusion of all the others, then yes, you worship a small god indeed.
God is love, have you any idea how that Love is?. Let me tell you.....Immeasurable...... Everything else flows from it.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:14 PM

605 posts, read 332,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nope, no signature needed. A simple explanation of the discrepancy was all that was necessary. Thanks.
Since you're here to learn truth, here's something that should help: you are not posting as a Christian would … you are posting as particular type of Christian (a fundamentalist) would. Glad I could help you in your endeavor.
Still waiting.....
//www.city-data.com/forum/53699764-post115.html

Debate the topic, not the person

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 11-21-2018 at 04:31 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 04:29 PM

605 posts, read 332,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's on topic. Fundie Christians give Christianity a bad name. Several fundie Christians on this site qualify. I'm including you, based on your posts. If you disagree, just tell me you support SSM and gays raising children and I'll remove you from the list.
Fundie..I'm still waiting for you to address the bible verses in my posts. No deviating because you cannot do it

Old 11-21-2018, 04:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,687,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And God killed people and told other people to kill in God's name. If that's true, then God is giving Godself a bad name.
you don't know history to say such things.
that was not Egyptians or canaanites land.. they usupered the real owners and God had every right to start by send the wasps in first...

27 “I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run. 28 I will send the hornet ahead of you to drive the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way.

and it won't be the last time He uses that idea either . so let's get used to it..

Rev 9:3

Then locusts came from the smoke and descended on the earth, and they were given power to sting like scorpions.
Rev 9:5

They were told not to kill them but to torture them for five months with pain like the pain of a scorpion sting.

I think I have a sneaking suspicion that he might use those hornet-like creatures that sting again , and by it just maybe teach men righteousness! of course, it is one of his last ditch efforts in the tribulation time. but it is way better than the alternatives..

now those who learn righteousness quickly and bow their knee in submission and with a heart to learn his ways... probably won't get stung! but will be taught by him and those creatures.. so it won't be the last time he sends creation ahead of him to give a very clear and precise warning about His intentions to get them to move or maybe change their minds and attitudes .... If they didn't take his warning .. and they all knew it wasn't their lands .. They should have moved! men's rebellion and theft of others things is the real nasty bugger people don't want to recognize.
God was taking back land they had stolen, kingdoms they had stolen and wealth they had stolen, tributes they had stolen .. Lives the had enslaved.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-21-2018 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 04:43 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,006,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
Fundie..I'm still waiting for you to address the bible verses in my posts. No deviating because you cannot do it
I have no interest in addressing ancient pamphlets written by anonymous authors who pooped in holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity