Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 03:39 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times

Advertisements

the Name of God makes a diffrence in order to be saved. and correct Matthew 4:4 on Matthew 3:3 in reference to Isaiah 40:3 for the Lord Jesus is LORD/Spirit without a flesh and blood body, and he's Lord with a flesh body.

my point is this. the Tetragrammaton was used by men to GIVE God a name, by adding vowels, they, (the translators), arbitrary added the vowels. and it was not ordained by God.

God clearly gives his PERSONAL Name when he came in "FIRST" person. starting in the OT, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".

#1. Cod is coming #2. to save us.

Now NT, when God came, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". who saves us from our sins? read Isaiah 35:4 again.

and the ONLY God who made everything by himself is clearly stated in the scriptures, see John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

Now as to the Name JEHOVAH, God himself exposed the name as false. God said to Moses that his name (as men made up) "JEHOVAH" I AM was not known to Abraham. ok let's examine the record. Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them". now God cannot lie, let's see if this is true.

Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place [B Jehovah[/b]jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

how come the name JEHOVAH is in Abraham mouth then?, is not Genesis before Exodus. see how the scribs and the translators lie.

God almighty just told Moses that Abraham didn't know him by the Name JEHOVAH, so why is it in Abraham mouth?.

that's all I'm asking. and second who told or authorized any man to add vowels to the tetragrammaton?

see men, ignorant men change the word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 04:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Oh you guys...go have a beer together!

Old 11-05-2018, 04:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh you guys...go have a beer together!
wine is better for the belly anyway, but I'm done here anyway.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:22 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You know they are all a derivative of the unspeakable, unpronouncable Holy Name of God, right?
Imitations of the actual Sound...many more names or sounds are imitated in the East,
very similar to the above, because we could never use our mouths and vocal chords to say It.....right? Cuz it was before we existed....our tongues and mouths...and after we are gone It still will be... do they teach this in Christian Sunday Schools?

I know I heard Joyce Meyer and Dr. Myles Munroe speak of this understanding.
I wont be dogmatic about it but Jehovah is a transliteration into English and has been around for 400 plus years. The original translators of the KJV removed his name but left it in a few texts such as Psalm 83:18. So, I'm comfortable with using Jehovah as his name. Others use Yaweh. Jews don't attempt to pronounce his name because of tradition. In Deuteronomy there is a prohibition against using God's name in vain. Jews eventually stopped using his name so there would be zero chance of using his name in vain.

Christian Sunday schools dont teach anything about his name from what I recall. Most would just refer to him using generic titles such as Father, Lord, etc or Jesus.

Ancient Hebrews didn't write vowels into their texts. The reader was supposed to fill in the vowels as texts were read. That's the biggest challenge to knowing the original pronunciation. His name however was written as YHWH. His name is also found etched in gold in St Peters Basilica although most Catholics are clueless about it.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
His name most certainly matters, because whatever you name him or how you interpret the name that is the name you will reflect.

So you guys who believe he's going to slay his enemies how does that fit in with the name prince of peace?. You do not achieve peace by going to war with your neighbor, that is the ay of the world.

And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
A rose by any other name...is it really the "name" or the meaning we give the name?

Old 11-15-2018, 07:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
A rose by any other name...is it really the "name" or the meaning we give the name?
See see thorns where others see a Rose. Not sure whose quote this is.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Sure just stop calling anyone you love by their name, never introduce them by their name, etc. See how that relationship works out.
It is in the OT about 7000 times.

Oh, Hebrew always had vowels and the Jews knew them They just did not use them in writing . Kinda like the word BLVD. No vowels but we know how to pronounce it.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
His name most certainly matters, because whatever you name him or how you interpret the name that is the name you will reflect.

So you guys who believe he's going to slay his enemies how does that fit in with the name prince of peace?. You do not achieve peace by going to war with your neighbor, that is the ay of the world.

And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
He gets rid of those who take peace away and refuse to change.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:31 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
the Name of God makes a diffrence in order to be saved. and correct Matthew 4:4 on Matthew 3:3 in reference to Isaiah 40:3 for the Lord Jesus is LORD/Spirit without a flesh and blood body, and he's Lord with a flesh body.

my point is this. the Tetragrammaton was used by men to GIVE God a name, by adding vowels, they, (the translators), arbitrary added the vowels. and it was not ordained by God.

God clearly gives his PERSONAL Name when he came in "FIRST" person. starting in the OT, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".

#1. Cod is coming #2. to save us.

Now NT, when God came, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins". who saves us from our sins? read Isaiah 35:4 again.

and the ONLY God who made everything by himself is clearly stated in the scriptures, see John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

Now as to the Name JEHOVAH, God himself exposed the name as false. God said to Moses that his name (as men made up) "JEHOVAH" I AM was not known to Abraham. ok let's examine the record. Exodus 6:3 "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them". now God cannot lie, let's see if this is true.

Genesis 22:14 "And Abraham called the name of that place [B Jehovah[/b]jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen".

how come the name JEHOVAH is in Abraham mouth then?, is not Genesis before Exodus. see how the scribs and the translators lie.

God almighty just told Moses that Abraham didn't know him by the Name JEHOVAH, so why is it in Abraham mouth?.

that's all I'm asking. and second who told or authorized any man to add vowels to the tetragrammaton?

see men, ignorant men change the word of God.
The most sillly post ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity