Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 12:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,252,331 times

Advertisements

in reference to Post #59 of mine, let's be fruithful.

Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered”.

Question time, “How many Spirit” are there”. notice Spirit is capitalized. Answer, Ephesians 4:4 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Now who is the Spirit, John 4:24a, read it again.

The Spirit is God, so lets Go back to Acts 5:1 "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

Acts 5:2 "And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Acts 5:3 "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Acts 5:4 "Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Acts 5:5 "And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Ok men makes the connection to the Holy Ghost here as God. this is good, Ok, I agree, but let’s keep on reading.

Acts 5:7 "And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

Acts 5:8 "And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Acts 5:9 "Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out”.

Wait a minute, the Spirit of the Lord? did not the scripture say it’s ONLY one “Spirit” and that’s “of” God, meaning God himself? Let’s check the record to be sure, Romans 15:19 "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ”.

Now the OT. Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters”. so the Spirit is “of” God, meaning God himself. case closed.

Well not so fast, listen.

Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his”.

WHAT the Spirit of Christ? And the Spirit of God. But did not the scriptures say there is ONLY “ONE” Spirit? Yes, so who is this Spirit of CHRIST? Hmmm…. the Spirit of the Lord? The same one who the apostle Peter spoke of in Acts 5:9 Ananias, wife Sapphira? ….. the SAME ONE who her husband lied to, the Holy Spirit, GOD.... Oh that one.. (smile) , yes the same Spirit.

Well then, we need to re-examine Romans 8:26. for Unfruitful thinking gets us creature nowhere. Oh, there is that word fruit again, but un… fruthful. .

now the BIG question how can the Spirit pray intercessory to himself?

now that's the 3 trillion, 39 billion, 86 million, 45 thousand, 21 thousand, 500, and 26 dollar and 43 cent question..... and the answer is so easy.... get rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

STOP, Gal 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one".
ok, since God could not swear by any GREATER, he swore by himself, so who is himself that he mediates by?

the answer, 1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

so God confirmed the covenant by himself in flesh, (this is another reason why we need God in flesh as a (intercessor), the comforter.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:20 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,468,581 times
I suppose this would be a point...WE needed/need an intercessor because we are so stupid...
I'm sorry did I offend anyone?
If a person has not been still, say, has not fasted with a sincere heart until they had a direct exp of this Spiritual Being
for themselves....then, after 1000s of years this Being could have said,
"OK, send down someone that looks like them...that's the only way they'll get it....and they are so filled with concepts....on top of that, they will only believe
I love them and the door to me is open if they see a sacrifice. Volunteers?"

Another take on the whole event, without diminishing Jesus or God in any way.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I suppose this would be a point...WE needed/need an intercessor because we are so stupid...
I'm sorry did I offend anyone?
If a person has not been still, say, has not fasted with a sincere heart until they had a direct exp of this Spiritual Being
for themselves....then, after 1000s of years this Being could have said,
"OK, send down someone that looks like them...that's the only way they'll get it....and they are so filled with concepts....on top of that, they will only believe
I love them and the door to me is open if they see a sacrifice. Volunteers?"

Another take on the whole event, without diminishing Jesus or God in any way.
thanks for the response, no, not so stupid, but ignorant?...... maybe or maybe not

send someone was already in the plan, even before the word began.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:17 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,297,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because man is sinful and God is holy.
So why did a "holy"god create sin?

Old 11-09-2018, 10:48 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
Because man is sinful and God is holy.
Jesus did not relate sin how you bible fundamentalists do. it is basically an illusional plank in the eye that blocks the vision of our true reality, when removed we see ourself how God sees us and whatsmore instead of seeing the speck of dust in our neighbors eye we sees God in their eyes. Man is created in the image of God, God is Holy, man thinking there is something outside of God makes alive that which is non existent, creating himself and his world into something unlovely.

I got this understanding from the gospel of St Thomas the other day after i read this in it "During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive". I don't think i could ever be the same person after reading that saying.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:18 AM

20,455 posts, read 12,843,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So why did a "holy"god create sin?
God created men and angels with a free will, and, if a being has a free will, there is at least the potential that he will choose badly. The potential for sin was a risk God took. He created human beings in His image, and, since He is free, humans were created free, too (Genesis 1:27). Free will involves the ability to choose, and, after God communicated the moral standard, He gave the man a true choice (Genesis 2:16). Adam chose disobedience. God did not tempt, coerce, or lure Adam into disobedience. James 1:13 says, “When tempted, no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.’ For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone.” God allowed Adam the dignity of free choice and honored that choice with appropriate consequences (Romans 5:12).

https://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-create-sin.html

Old 11-09-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus did not relate sin how you bible fundamentalists do. it is basically an illusional plank in the eye that blocks the vision of our true reality, when removed we see ourself how God sees us and whatsmore instead of seeing the speck of dust in our neighbors eye we sees God in their eyes. Man is created in the image of God, God is Holy, man thinking there is something outside of God makes alive that which is non existent, creating himself and his world into something unlovely.

I got this understanding from the gospel of St Thomas the other day after i read this in it "During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive". I don't think i could ever be the same person after reading that saying.
I encourage you liberals to read John 3, where Jesus explains His mission, as it relates to redemption and judgement.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:27 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,384,654 times
Quote:
I encourage you liberals to read John 3, where Jesus explains His mission, as it relates to redemption and judgement.
Bur he simply did not look upon the assumed sinner the way you evangelicals do. He did everything he could do to change the concept the many had of God by expessing God in all his fullness. You believe in God(very nice and that's a start), but believe that I am all that he's ever been and will be.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Bur he simply did not look upon the assumed sinner the way you evangelicals do. He did everything he could do to change the concept the many had of God by expessing God in all his fullness. You believe in God(very nice and that's a start), but believe that I am all that he's ever been and will be.
John 3:16, a summation of the gospel. That is what we teach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity