Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So how do you know who the Levites are?
Levites, a well as Kohens, know through their genealogies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 05:23 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,083,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Why is the devil permitted to rule the world?

BECAUSE WE WANT HIM TO RULE THE WORLD.

According to the Bible (read Genesis 3), WE have given the devil the authority once granted to us.
According to St. Paul (read Romans), authority is given to that which we obey. It is given by means of what we do with our hands.

If God is the authority in our lives, then all we do (with our hands) will be done according to God's will.
If satan is the authority in our lives, then all we do (with our hands) will be done according to satan's will.

What is happening in the world? Is it kindness and expressions of love or is it war and murder and thievery and violence and lies? On whose behalf are these deeds done?

By the deeds of your hands will man and God know to what authority they are devoted.

For instance, in America hypocritical religious persons claim to serve God (turn the other cheek, remember?) and applaud the bombing destruction and illegal warmongering perpetuated upon nations that have not injured us at all. To whom have we granted authority if not satan?

Satan has global authority because that's what we want.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
And making sense!

Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
And making sense!
Sure, just look at the laws of any Country. How many fit what God has said He wants man to do and how many do not? God is not leading the Nations, just people who follow his son. The Nations show how bad ignoring God's rules and principles is.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Why is the devil permitted to rule the world?

BECAUSE WE WANT HIM TO RULE THE WORLD.

According to the Bible (read Genesis 3), WE have given the devil the authority once granted to us.
According to St. Paul (read Romans), authority is given to that which we obey. It is given by means of what we do with our hands.

If God is the authority in our lives, then all we do (with our hands) will be done according to God's will.
If satan is the authority in our lives, then all we do (with our hands) will be done according to satan's will.

What is happening in the world? Is it kindness and expressions of love or is it war and murder and thievery and violence and lies? On whose behalf are these deeds done?

By the deeds of your hands will man and God know to what authority they are devoted.

For instance, in America hypocritical religious persons claim to serve God (turn the other cheek, remember?) and applaud the bombing destruction and illegal warmongering perpetuated upon nations that have not injured us at all. To whom have we granted authority if not satan?

Satan has global authority because that's what we want.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Wouldnt this essentially be 'hell prevailing' though?

If a large majority of your creations, willingly choose your adversary/ enemy, despite ALL you have done for them (dying for their sins, etc)...that is a definite fail.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:35 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,680,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Sure, just look at the laws of any Country. How many fit what God has said He wants man to do and how many do not? God is not leading the Nations, just people who follow his son. The Nations show how bad ignoring God's rules and principles is.
God appoints all by his spirit

Christianity has had a major effect on all the world and need to take responsibility for its actions, instead of “Satan did it”

The Call of Jeremiah

Jer 1:4 Then the Word of Jehovah was to me, saying,
Jer 1:5 I knew you before I formed you in the belly; and before you came out of the womb, I consecrated you. I appointed you a prophet to the nations.
Jer 1:6 Then I said, Ah, Lord Jehovah! Behold, I do not know how to speak for I am a boy.
Jer 1:7 But Jehovah said to me, Do not say, I am a boy; for you shall go to all that I shall send you. And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
Jer 1:8 Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you, says Jehovah.
Jer 1:9 Then Jehovah put out His hand and touched my mouth. And Jehovah said to me, Behold, I have put My Words in your mouth.
Jer 1:10 Behold, I have today appointed you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to tear down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Dan 2:20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His.
Dan 2:21 And He changes the times and the seasons; He causes kings to pass away, and sets up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to those who know understanding.

Mat 10:34 Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 I came to divide a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a bride against her mother-in-law.
Mat 10:36 "Ones hostile to the man shall be those of his own house." Mic. 7:6

Mic 7:2 The pious has perished from the earth, and the upright is not among mankind. All of them lie in wait for blood; each one hunts his brother with a net.
Mic 7:3 Both hands are on evil, to do it well. The ruler is asking for a bribe, also the judge. And the great one speaks the lust of his soul; he acts, and they weave it together.
Mic 7:4 The best of them is like a thorn; the upright more than a hedge of thorns. The day of your watchers, your visitation is coming; now their shame shall be.
Mic 7:5 Put no faith in a companion; put no trust in a friend; keep the door of your mouth from her who lies in your bosom;
Mic 7:6 for a son despises his father; a daughter rises up against her mother; the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man's enemies are the men of his house.
Mic 7:7 But I will look to Jehovah; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.
Mic 7:8 Rejoice not against me, my enemy; for if I fall, I shall arise. For if I sit in darkness, Jehovah is a light to me.

Mat 12:47 Then one said to Him, Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to You.
Mat 12:48 But answering, He said to the one speaking to Him, Who is My mother? And who are My brothers?
Mat 12:49 And stretching out His hand to His disciples, He said, Behold, My mother and My brothers.
Mat 12:50 For whoever does the will of My Father in Heaven, that one is My brother and sister and mother.

I don’t think that these things are about literal individual people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity