Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM

756 posts, read 2,575,922 times

Advertisements

when did you become...."on fire"....

Old 04-05-2008, 11:50 PM

what type of heart condition, how do you know you are healed...I do not doubt you, just have you had tests to comfirm you are healed, medical tests??

Old 04-05-2008, 11:58 PM

326 posts, read 1,108,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Thank you! Bingo! And I just went to confession today where the priest had some very uplifting words about the Lord's compassion and support. I almost didn't go, but I got into my car and schlepped over to the parish. We briefly touched upon other religions during our discussion, and the priest had very kind words about members of other religions, saying we should not just them on stereotypes but upon the good actions and positive moral and ethical attitudes of a religion's most exemplary members. Wow.

What really bites my a$$ is how some people get on these tirades, complete with quotes, a la Aunt Esther from "Sanford and Son," about damnation and fire & brimstone and all this negativity.

Christianity (and Catholicism is included) is supposed to be joyous as it speaks to our salvation. I have a good friend who attends an Assembly of God Church and she thinks Catholics are Christians and that judgment/salvation hinges upon believing in and following the ways of Christ to the best of your ability. She also said that God never wanted Christians to be "splintered" the way they are, with all their petty infighting. We also agree that a Christian is one who believes in and follows the lessons made available to us in the Old Testament and the New Testament. My friend was once a co-worker and, despite our Catholic and AOG "membership cards," our friendship is rock-solid.

So, please, corking28, you know where you can put your cork, because in the end, when you and I are in line at the Pearly Gates, he won't be giving you brownie points for all the numerical passages you've just recited. Instead, God will be looking into your heart, knowing all you've done and thought, so please don't forget that!
Many Catholics reject the salvation plan and go against Gods word. Sadly they will perish. If you never convert you may end up in hell and Jesus will tell you "I sent my servant, Corinne, to open your wyes to the New Testament and show you your church goes against scripture but you refused to believe my word and followed man instead." Not a single confession that you makie to the priest will get forgiven by Jesus. Not a single one. I read a book about a man in hell who spent his life confessing to a Preist and never got on his hands and knees abd called out to Jesus to ask for forgiveness. Because of this his sins were all in his book and he died and perished into hell.

Your Priest is telling you to except other religions!!! Don't you understand? Muslims, Hindus, Atheists...If they don't get born again into Christ they will perish for all eternity. Other religions are NOT O:K. It is are job to preach to them about Jesus. There is NO other way to get to heaven. Only by getting born again into Christ. Your Priest made a BIG mistake by telling you that other religions are fine. "good actions and positive moral and ethical attitudes" NONE of that will get you to heaven. We are saved by grace, not by good deeds! And it doesn't matter how "good" of a person we are. If we don't get saved and born again we will perish into eternal flames.

Jesus told me himself I have a big heart and I love everyone similar to his love. That I love like crazy! Why else would I be preaching to you at 2 in the morning? Only because I love you and want to see you saved and following the New Testament. Here is a link you can get one for free. You REALLY need to begin reading it.
[SIZE=1]http://www.freenewtestament.com/
[/SIZE]

Old 04-06-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
when did you become...."on fire"....
The night I gave Jesus all my life and heart and got born again (9/13/05) I got on fire with the holy spirit and I have been on fire ever since.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
what type of heart condition, how do you know you are healed...I do not doubt you, just have you had tests to comfirm you are healed, medical tests??
I had Mytro Valva Prolapse my whole entire life. Also, I would get these episodes where my heart would beat uncontrollably and I had to lay on my back and hold my breathe to calm it down. Annually I had to where a heart monitor to make sure I wasn't gettng any worse. I felt the holy spirit put electricity in my heart one day at church and then when I went to the Doctors they said "Your heart is 100% normal!"

Old 04-06-2008, 12:05 AM

love.....we are the BODY of christ....
each is individualized....each person is an individual....
I understand your zeal.... Jesus had.... MERCY.... GRACE....
God knew your heart...and he knows each persons heart...

does not scripture state.....'wipe the dust from your feet....as you leave the town'
the harvet is here and now...you cant harvest a pant that is not ready.....
Let the Holy Spirit nurture them....you will have your time.sometimes you are the only "Bible" people see...pray for discernment.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 AM

awesome...I do believe you...
I believe Jesus.. you and I are the same....

I used to be 'judgemental'.....not taking into consideration the perfect Will of God for another life...I know the Truth , I know the Scripture. I have the Holy Spirit...
sometimes...Gods way is not our way.....Gods timing is not ours...

Old 04-06-2008, 12:13 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,652,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Catholics are not Christians. Catholics follow doctine of man, the Catechism. Christians follow the holy word of God, especially the New Testement!
They study the Bible as part of their religion and follow the life of and worship Jesus Christ. They're Christians. Whether you agree or disagree with their views or how they worship is a different matter, nobody says you have to, but to say that they aren't Christians at all is simply incorrect.

Is there even such a thing as a 'true' Christian? If so what's with all the different denominations? If there is only one way of being a true Christian then that would mean that all but one of the Christian denominations are destined for the fiery pits of hell. If someone is a devout Catholic then they won't go to hell because they will have lived a very right and just life and so will not have anything to be punished for!

Old 04-06-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
love.....we are the BODY of christ....
each is individualized....each person is an individual....
I understand your zeal.... Jesus had.... MERCY.... GRACE....
God knew your heart...and he knows each persons heart...

does not scripture state.....'wipe the dust from your feet....as you leave the town'
the harvet is here and now...you cant harvest a pant that is not ready.....
Let the Holy Spirit nurture them....you will have your time.sometimes you are the only "Bible" people see...pray for discernment.
Yes Jesus loves each of us so much because each of us are unique and he doesn't want to lose any of his children.
Even if people aren't converting right now,Jesus's word NEVER comes back void and the passages I gave them will be on their minds.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
They study the Bible as part of their religion and follow the life of and worship Jesus Christ. They're Christians. Whether you agree or disagree with their views or how they worship is a different matter, nobody says you have to, but to say that they aren't Christians at all is simply incorrect.

Is there even such a thing as a 'true' Christian? If so what's with all the different denominations? If there is only one way of being a true Christian then that would mean that all but one of the Christian denominations are destined for the fiery pits of hell. If someone is a devout Catholic then they won't go to hell because they will have lived a very right and just life and so will not have anything to be punished for!
NOt all Catholics will go to hell. It depends if they are born again or not. I was involved with the Catholic chruch for the first 25 years of my life. Yet the holy spirit did NOT enter me until I made the choice to give my life to Jesus and begin following his word. Had I died before 25 years old, I would have went straight to hell even thouggh I was a devote Catholic. The holy spirit was NOT in me. I know this because when I got saved I felt the Holy Spirit enter me. Before I got saved I felt empty inside.
After I got saved I spoke in tongues, had many visions, revelations...It is REALLY awesome! I live in Jesus's heart! This is my place in the body of Christ!

Jesus himself spoke to me about the Catholic church. He said, "They know not my word but doctrine of man." The night I coverted Jesus gave me a vision of me walking away from the Catholic church which was total darkness and I walked into the light.
You have to understand that the Catholic church does not follow the bible, it actually goes against it. Things they do are written not to do in the bible.

My whole family are Catholics and not a single one of them are saved. Jesus has spoken to me that if they don't get saved and born again they will not enter the kingdom of heaven. My brother is converting on Thursday! Praise God!

I love you!! Will you do me a favor? Get yourself a bible and read the New Testament. Please do this and you will see what I am talking about. Love, Corinne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity