Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:36 AM

326 posts, read 1,109,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
NOt all Catholics will go to hell. It depends if they are born again or not. I was involved with the Catholic chruch for the first 25 years of my life. Yet the holy spirit did NOT enter me until I made the choice to give my life to Jesus and begin following his word. Had I died before 25 years old, I would have went straight to hell even thouggh I was a devote Catholic. The holy spirit was NOT in me. I know this because when I got saved I felt the Holy Spirit enter me. Before I got saved I felt empty inside.
After I got saved I spoke in tongues, had many visions, revelations...It is REALLY awesome! I live in Jesus's heart! This is my place in the body of Christ!

Jesus himself spoke to me about the Catholic church. He said, "They know not my word but doctrine of man." The night I coverted Jesus gave me a vision of me walking away from the Catholic church which was total darkness and I walked into the light.
You have to understand that the Catholic church does not follow the bible, it actually goes against it. Things they do are written not to do in the bible.

My whole family are Catholics and not a single one of them are saved. Jesus has spoken to me that if they don't get saved and born again they will not enter the kingdom of heaven. My brother is converting on Thursday! Praise God!

I love you!! Will you do me a favor? Get yourself a bible and read the New Testament. Please do this and you will see what I am talking about. Love, Corinne
Yes there are many dfifferent denominations. Jesus told me that the true churches are those that follow his word. Jesus also told me he is against churches that do traditions that are not written in the bible and is angry when they do things agianst scripture.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:38 AM

326 posts, read 1,109,196 times
I learned that if people are not ready to be born again when I preach to them, I have planted a seed and Jesus will keep sending people to this person until that person is ready. He never gives up on us.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,660,547 times
But don't you think it's a little petty of God to cast everyone down to hell who happens to worship Him in a way that displeases him? Catholics do, after all, devote a large chunk of their life to Him that they could instead spend drinking beer and blowing their money on the slot machines down their local bar. It's not like they just couldn't be bothered. Plus, someone could remain a devout Catholic all their lives but at the same time give all their money to charities, work with the homeless and sick all their lives and generally dedicate their entire existence to helping others. According to you even someone like this would go to hell because they're a Catholic. That, however, I just cannot buy.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:32 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,522,749 times
exactly BOYCEW02! who made these "chritians" the chosen one's? i think our Jewish brothers and sisters will have something to say about that since they are said to be "the chosen ones". i am tired of hearing Catholics are not Christians--didn't Catholisism come first and christianity derive from catholisism?

and to CORKING28, please take all your hellfire and either open a church or your own blog and stop telling people they are going to burn in hell. last time i checked you were not God and i doubt your judgment is going to count for much. i dont think God is as exclusive as you would love him to be. i guess you are lucky you are a christian since you believe only they have access to God.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:21 AM

14,922 posts, read 17,262,418 times
Quote:
Yes Jesus loves each of us so much because each of us are unique and he doesn't want to lose any of his children.
Even if people aren't converting right now,Jesus's word NEVER comes back void and the passages I gave them will be on their minds.
I don't believe that Jesus will lose any that the Father has given Him, and He has been given all including all people according to Hebrews 1.
Quote:

He never gives up on us.
I agree with this.

Quote:
They are not "my teachings." They are taken right out of the holy word of God!
Corking28, you have a great zeal for God but there are many Christians who do not agree with your understanding of some scriptures that you have shared.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-06-2008 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,660,547 times
Plus, how do you even know that Catholics are the ones that are wrong? Catholicism might for all you know be the one, true, pure version of Christianity and the Bible might simply have been screwed around with by the hand of man. What you've got to remember is that you're a Christian because you were born into a Christian country and so that's what you've always been told is true. If you were from, say, southern India then you would most likely spend your entire life believing that Hinduism is the one true path. Same with Islam if you were from Saudi Arabia or Sikhism if you were from northern India. Heck, if you were raised to believe that religion is a load of bull then you'd probably be a dedicated atheist. What makes your religion so special when there are people throughout the world of other religions who believe exactly the same thing about their faiths? It would take a very arrogant, self-centered god to cast everyone down to hell who wasn't raised to believe in just one, specific, narrow path regardless of their nature or intentions.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:38 AM

5,532 posts, read 7,375,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
They are not "my teachings." They are taken right out of the holy word of God!

I always wonder what the sola scriptura crowd did before the printing press was invented, and before the canon was developed, or before there was any scripture for that matter.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:24 AM

756 posts, read 2,578,532 times
God Job corking.....

Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM

756 posts, read 2,578,532 times
Maturity will develpoe a greater understanding of discerment.........

Old 04-06-2008, 01:02 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,522,749 times
you have posted this many times in many places corking28. some of us read it and wont bother to read it again. it's wonderful that you have found Jesus, but can you stop telling us that we are going to hell--thanks
peace and love--like Jesus must have taught you.,..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.