Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:25 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,658,275 times

Advertisements

What is it that makes your religion the right one Corking? What is that makes you more important and special than a devoted follower of another religion such as Hinduism or Islam? If you were raised a Muslim in a Muslim country then it'd be highly unlikely that you'd be a Christian now and you'd probably believe that everyone who isn't a Muslim is going to hell. Why base you entire outlook on life on the random chance that you happened to be born into a Christian country?

Old 04-06-2008, 03:35 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,946,728 times
The OP is full of so much anger and hate

Old 04-06-2008, 03:48 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,629,132 times
corking

Your brand of Christianity is quite foreign to many who profess the faith in Jesus Christ. Most Christians would not recognize you as an apostolic Christian. Your evident hate is very un-Christian, IMO. You do not sound like a Christian but more like an unhappy person.

To suggest that the Christianity professed by the overwhelming number of Christians is wrong & that other Christians will go to hell is sad and only alienates you from the rest of Christendom.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM

14,919 posts, read 17,242,458 times
Corrine, I don't agree with many of your statements and views about who is a Christian and who isn't but I believe that you are sincere in what you believe and share and I think that you are motivated by a love for the lost. I can understand that. You don't want to see anyone go to an eternal hell which you see as the end for the lost. I don't see hate being expressed but a concern for who you believe are lost and what you believe will happen to them. I just think that hopefully in time you will realize that Christians who are just as sincere as you are and who have the same love for God as you do may not have the same understanding or perspective, beliefs that you have on certain scriptures. For example, I don't believe that the scriptures teach that hell is eternal and I also base my belief on the scriptures. Please don't condemn other Christians for not seeing as you do on certain scriptures...God bless.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:14 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,659,762 times
Corky, here's the deal. I appreciate that you are filled with the Holy Spirit. I really do. But hasn't it occured to you that the first people to be filled with the Holy Spirit were the apostles. The apostles started the Catholic church. The apostles knew Jesus Christ, the beheld him after his resurrection, they were personally touched by the Holy Spirit, and they created The Holy Roman Catholic Church. That would include the rites and the prayers. How could they, of all people, be doomed to hell? How could they, of all people, have gotten it so wrong? Jesus Christ himself entrusted them to start the church.
To believe you have a better, cleaner way to pray is a great thing. But to (and it does come across as a little gleeful, imho) keep damning other people to hell is, well, rude and a little sick.

Last edited by camping!; 04-06-2008 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 PM

326 posts, read 1,108,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
you have posted this many times in many places corking28. some of us read it and wont bother to read it again. it's wonderful that you have found Jesus, but can you stop telling us that we are going to hell--thanks
peace and love--like Jesus must have taught you.,..
The will of the Father is to warn everyone of hell! And also to tell everyone that through Jesus Christ and getting born again and saved Jesus will keep us and we will go to heaven.
We must speak of hell. That way if people end up in hell they can't say to Jesus "But I thought there was no hell." We must warn the people to prevent them from going there.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:18 PM

Yes and Jesus told me I have a pure and innocent and loving heart!

Old 04-06-2008, 11:01 PM

756 posts, read 2,577,782 times
define how you are innocent...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,228,125 times
Wow

Quote:
So why did God make hell?
Be interesting to see what you really understand about hell.

Gehenna, Sheol, Hades, Tartarus are all Grrek words that have this common word. Jesus' heel is ess about Gehenna, a rubbish dump outside Jesrusalem in the valley of Hinnom, seen it lately? Here is a pic

Sure looks like the eternal fires have ceased to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Your teachings are essentially a North American expression of Christianity that some include Mormonism. European Protestantism is much different & probably more like the Roman Catholic church.-snip-
Right on, be interesting to see which one of the 39000 odd denomination Corky belongs to.

Your comments about Mormons and Catholics are so bigoted and to those folk, I apologize for these comments of Corky, not all Christians are as bigted as he/she is

Quote:
Catholics are not Christians
What is your definition of a Christian?

Quote:
Catholics follow doctine of man, the Catechism
So what differs to their doctrines of men and the ones you follow?

Quote:
Christians follow the holy word of God, especially the New Testement!
Aah I see, sure would look funny you folk walking around following a walking bible. I thought Christians follow Christ - interesting.

Quote:
They are not "my teachings". Everything I wrote is taken right out of the holy word of God!
Interesting, the holy word of God, the bible. That is a Catholic phase too btw.

Quote:
Many Catholics reject the salvation plan and go against Gods word.
And the salvation plan is????

Quote:
Yes Jesus loves each of us so much because each of us are unique and he doesn't want to lose any of his children.
Even if people aren't converting right now,Jesus's word NEVER comes back void and the passages I gave them will be on their minds.
Bravo - you you told the whole world that reads this forum so now they have no excuse - hmmm John 6:44

Quote:
NOt all Catholics will go to hell. It depends if they are born again or not.
So becoming born again is saying the "sinners prayer" Wow I always thought it had to do with the Father and not what we do - interesting....

Quote:
Yes there are many dfifferent denominations. Jesus told me that the true churches are those that follow his word.
Love your enemies???? Seems you hate them, probably because you saved yourself with the sinner's prayer.

Quote:
I learned that if people are not ready to be born again when I preach to them, I have planted a seed and Jesus will keep sending people to this person until that person is ready. He never gives up on us.
Wow you learn and hear from Jesus, which is it? I am guessing you learn from your bigoted pastor. John 6:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
Maturity will develpoe a greater understanding of discerment.........
Ya think????

Quote:
Some Catholics are saved and the holy spirit is working on them to reveal the truths of the bible.
Which is it? Are they heathen or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
The OP is full of so much anger and hate
You picked that up too?

Quote:
The will of the Father is to warn everyone of hell!
I thought it was:

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Ti 2:4 who will have all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For God is one, and there is one Mediator of God and of men, the Man Christ Jesus,

BTW what are you saved from? Hell or your sins?

Quote:
Yes and Jesus told me I have a pure and innocent and loving heart!
By your diatribe, it sure does not look like it is Jesus talking to you. I kinda got the ideas He loved the world, came to set the captive free, opposed the religious doctrines of the S&P and brought liberty to oppressed. What you are espousing here is the same rhetoric of the S&P's - Religion. Religion BTW means bondage - look it up.

Sadly - although I do not dispute the experience of your epiphany (my name for born-again) you have fallen into the trap of religion.

Now is is all about what you do and what others do. It sounds like the doctrine you follow is Armenianism, a man, a student of Calvin and IMO both got it wrong.

Not saying you are a Pharisee but your posts sound like one.

Mat 23:26 Blind Pharisee! First cleanse the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Love goes a whole lot further in convincing than hate.

Blessings

Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
Corking28 very colorful....how long have you been a christian?
I got saved 09/13/05
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.