Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:03 AM

326 posts, read 1,108,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
exactly BOYCEW02! who made these "chritians" the chosen one's? i think our Jewish brothers and sisters will have something to say about that since they are said to be "the chosen ones". i am tired of hearing Catholics are not Christians--didn't Catholisism come first and christianity derive from catholisism?

and to CORKING28, please take all your hellfire and either open a church or your own blog and stop telling people they are going to burn in hell. last time i checked you were not God and i doubt your judgment is going to count for much. i dont think God is as exclusive as you would love him to be. i guess you are lucky you are a christian since you believe only they have access to God.
I am doing the will of God by telling people of the awesome salvation Jesus has to offer as a free gift. It is my job to warn others of hell. Through the holy spirit alone we have a relationship with God.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I don't believe that Jesus will lose any that the Father has given Him, and He has been given all including all people according to Hebrews 1.

I agree with this.

Corking28, you have a great zeal for God but there are many Christians who do not agree with your understanding of some scriptures that you have shared.

God bless.
Well Jesus Christ has shown me the truth. If people don't believe or follow Jesus's word, and go against his word they are rejecting him.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 AM

I know because I have the holy spirit of God living in me and Jesus and his word is the only truth.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
exactly BOYCEW02! who made these "chritians" the chosen one's? i think our Jewish brothers and sisters will have something to say about that since they are said to be "the chosen ones". i am tired of hearing Catholics are not Christians--didn't Catholisism come first and christianity derive from catholisism?

and to CORKING28, please take all your hellfire and either open a church or your own blog and stop telling people they are going to burn in hell. last time i checked you were not God and i doubt your judgment is going to count for much. i dont think God is as exclusive as you would love him to be. i guess you are lucky you are a christian since you believe only they have access to God.
Please go to freenewtestament.com get a New Testament and start to read it. A good place to start is the book of John.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Please go to freenewtestament.com get a free New Testament and start reading it. A good place to start is the book of John.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
What is it that makes your religion the right one Corking? What is that makes you more important and special than a devoted follower of another religion such as Hinduism or Islam? If you were raised a Muslim in a Muslim country then it'd be highly unlikely that you'd be a Christian now and you'd probably believe that everyone who isn't a Muslim is going to hell. Why base you entire outlook on life on the random chance that you happened to be born into a Christian country?
Jesus Chirst is the light and the only way to heaven

Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
The OP is full of so much anger and hate
Jesus LOvES you! Please go to freenewtestament.com You can get one for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please read it. A good place to start is the book of John.
"For God so loved the World that he gave his only begotten son thta whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

Old 04-07-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
corking

Your brand of Christianity is quite foreign to many who profess the faith in Jesus Christ. Most Christians would not recognize you as an apostolic Christian. Your evident hate is very un-Christian, IMO. You do not sound like a Christian but more like an unhappy person.

To suggest that the Christianity professed by the overwhelming number of Christians is wrong & that other Christians will go to hell is sad and only alienates you from the rest of Christendom.
The true Christian is anyone who believes and follow the word of God. Some churches follow Jesus's word and some do not. Please go to freenewtestament.com and get a free one and read it. A good place to start is the book of John. I am very happy! Jesus lives in me! I am saved!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Corrine, I don't agree with many of your statements and views about who is a Christian and who isn't but I believe that you are sincere in what you believe and share and I think that you are motivated by a love for the lost. I can understand that. You don't want to see anyone go to an eternal hell which you see as the end for the lost. I don't see hate being expressed but a concern for who you believe are lost and what you believe will happen to them. I just think that hopefully in time you will realize that Christians who are just as sincere as you are and who have the same love for God as you do may not have the same understanding or perspective, beliefs that you have on certain scriptures. For example, I don't believe that the scriptures teach that hell is eternal and I also base my belief on the scriptures. Please don't condemn other Christians for not seeing as you do on certain scriptures...God bless.
You don't believe that hell is eternall??????????????????????????????
Anyone who is not born again and whos name is not ofund written in the book of life is "thrown into the Lake of fire where they will be tortured forever and ever!" The word of Jesus Christ says so. If someone goes to hell there is NO way to ever come out of it. That is what the word says. It is eternal. The judgment is set! Jeuss has never and will never change his mind and take someone out of hell. It is unbiblical. Here, you can go to freenewtestament,com and get a free New Tetsament and FREE shipping and handling!!! A good place to start is the book of John. Love, Corinne

Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM

14,921 posts, read 17,246,026 times
Quote:
Well Jesus Christ has shown me the truth. If people don't believe or follow Jesus's word, and go against his word they are rejecting him.
Corrine, other Christians also believe that Jesus Christ has shown them the truth and they also believe and follow His word, but they may not have the same understanding that you do for a number of reasons. This does not mean that they are rejecting Him. God bless you.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-07-2008 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.