Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:19 PM

326 posts, read 1,109,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
cork- do you realize how you sound....its not what you are saying...scripture is true!
I believe people are being put off by youe choice of delivery..
its like you have a baseball bat... with a cute little cross...smashing in around tender hearts....
" The Prayer of a righteuos man is powerful and effective" James 5:16b

try prayer......instead of shouting
I am not shouting. I am just speaking the truth that is the written word of God. Have you ever read the New Testament? You can get one for free at freenewtestament.com

Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
when did you become...."on fire"....
09/13/05 when I got saved.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 PM

756 posts, read 2,580,579 times
R U kidding me?????? where did james come from.....

Old 04-07-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
But don't you think it's a little petty of God to cast everyone down to hell who happens to worship Him in a way that displeases him? Catholics do, after all, devote a large chunk of their life to Him that they could instead spend drinking beer and blowing their money on the slot machines down their local bar. It's not like they just couldn't be bothered. Plus, someone could remain a devout Catholic all their lives but at the same time give all their money to charities, work with the homeless and sick all their lives and generally dedicate their entire existence to helping others. According to you even someone like this would go to hell because they're a Catholic. That, however, I just cannot buy.
Please get a free new testament here: freenewtestament.com
and start reading it. A good place to start is the book of John.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Please get a free new testament here: freenewtestament.com
and start reading it. A good place to start is the book of John.
Not all Catholics will go to hell. The Charasmatic get born again and believe in toungues and many other things that Christians believe in. The ONLY problem is that they still venerate Mary and do many other things that are against the bible.
It does not matter how goosd of a person you are. If you reject Jesus and his holy word and never get born again and holy spirit filled you will not go to heaven.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Corrine, other Christians also believe that Jesus Christ has shown them the truth and they also believe and follow His word, but they may not have the same understanding that you do for a number of reasons. This does not mean that they are rejecting Him. God bless you.
The New Testament is VERY easy to read (Except the book of Revelation.)

A child can understand it.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
No, I don't Corrine.

I don't believe that it does say this.

There are many scriptures which speak of the eventual restoration of all mankind to God and many Christians in the early church and down through time have realized and believed these scriptures. I believe that many will experience hell, but I don't believe that it will last forever. I don't believe that Jesus ever gives up on anyone, that all were made for Him, that He has been made heir of all, and that all will eventually be subjected to Him and restored to God. I don't believe that the power of satan is greater than the power of God or that evil will triumph over good. This subject has been discussed on this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...on-all-35.html

God bless you.
NOONE will be released from hell. I don't know whree you got this lie.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Corrine, I believe the scriptures which speak of the eventual restoration of all people to God. I do not believe all visions because I believe that we are to test the spirits. I don't believe that all visions depict the truth. I don't see that any of what Mary K. Baxter shares speaks of God's plan to reconcile all to Himself which I see presented in the scriptures. I basically base my beliefs on the scriptures and praying to God for understanding, trusting His Spirit to guide me. Where is the scripture which speaks to Jesus shutting His ears to the cries in hell? God bless.
Lamentations 3:6-8

"He hath set me in dark places, as they that be dead of old.
He hath hedged me about, that I CANNOT GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!: he hath made my chain heavy. Also when I cry and shout, he shutteth out my prayer."

Here is the passage of Jesus shutting his ears to the crys of hell.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 PM

They will suffer in eternal fire.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:38 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,496,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
They will suffer in eternal fire.
You will never convince Shanna of that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.