Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 04:43 PM

93 posts, read 182,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
They are not hallucinations f.y.i
Do you have empirical proof?

No?

Alrighty-then, to the scientific community they are hallucinations or "delusions". Take your pick, it really doesn't matter.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:56 PM

93 posts, read 182,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Jesus said in the end days he will pour out visions and dreams. This is happeneing now. :-)
When this happened to me I thought I was the only one until I researched online.
First for your "very uncommon" statement.
This could be possible because of a few reasons:

It was very uncommon because it wasn't reported as often for fear of ridicule.
It was very uncommon because their days were less troubled with death.
It was very uncommon because the media wasn't what it is today.

... So on and so forth.

Now, if you look back into history you will see all kinds of people seeing Christ and preaching about the end times... they were all wrong and if my hunch is correct, they always will be. This is not something recent and I'm sure your "research" is incredibly bias and holds no real grounds in a debate because (I'm sure you did) you probably obtained your information through Christian media outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The day the LORD appeared to me was a time when I was very near death. Had He not appeared to me, and rescued me, I would have died. He is so kind! He was so nice and careing! His glory was extremely bright. He said,"I have no condemnation for you. Don't worry. It will be OK." He really cares about all His Children, wether they have seen Him or not! His friendship is enormous to His people.
It is not uncommon to see things when in a time of stress and being "very near death" is about as stressful as they get. For example, when I was younger I had a feveral seizure and I remember distinctly being in the arms of a "higher being". Needless to say when I awoke sometime later I found out that it was my great-grandfather who had picked me up and held my tongue down so I would not choke on it.

The point; if your vision occurred during a time of extreme stress the reliability of the statement becomes less than credible.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 AM

326 posts, read 1,108,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panda god View Post

No?

Alrighty-then, to the scientific community they are hallucinations or "delusions". Take your pick, it really doesn't matter.
Jesus said he would pour out his visions and dreams in the end days. You believe Jesus or science? Jesus was before science existed. He is the one who created the World....And you!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
First for your "very uncommon" statement.
This could be possible because of a few reasons:

It was very uncommon because it wasn't reported as often for fear of ridicule.
It was very uncommon because their days were less troubled with death.
It was very uncommon because the media wasn't what it is today.

... So on and so forth.

Now, if you look back into history you will see all kinds of people seeing Christ and preaching about the end times... they were all wrong and if my hunch is correct, they always will be. This is not something recent and I'm sure your "research" is incredibly bias and holds no real grounds in a debate because (I'm sure you did) you probably obtained your information through Christian media outlets.

It is not uncommon to see things when in a time of stress and being "very near death" is about as stressful as they get. For example, when I was younger I had a feveral seizure and I remember distinctly being in the arms of a "higher being". Needless to say when I awoke sometime later I found out that it was my great-grandfather who had picked me up and held my tongue down so I would not choke on it.

The point; if your vision occurred during a time of extreme stress the reliability of the statement becomes less than credible.
Jesus was preaching the end times because it is...Think how long the Earth has existed...Jesus walked the earth just 2,000 years. A thousand days for us is like 1 day for him. 2,000 years is sooooooooooooo little compared to how long man has existed.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I can't verify your seeing jesus but I have no reason to doubt you.
Jesus said "blessed are those who haven't seen and yet believed." I always joke around with Jesus saying "I believed you before I saw!" :-)))))

Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
"Oh don't grovel! I hate groveling, like those Psalms, they're soooo depressing!!!"- Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

Faith would work nicely; saving me some time in the least. Alas, Oakback, I do not believe you were being addressed in the post (if you were expecting to be part of my examples) forgive me if I miss some, quite a few posts to run through!

bchris02 on page 1: Good post. I sense genuine sincerity in corking's post.

(Sincerity shows a belief in what they say to be true, especially when they "sense" it, eh?)

joedrsaved on page 1 and various other pages...: corking28 is in the SPIRIT. JESUS has revealed Himself to her. She bears and proclaims the testimony of the LORD JESUS. Her boldness is an encouragement to me and to all saints who want to testify about JESUS CHRIST before mankind. Her testimony is solid evidence that the Truth is in her.

I know that one day more than twenty five years ago, I saw JESUS the Messiah. His glory was awesome and very intense. He spoke to me and was very kind. He revealed His caring and His awesome friendship. According to the scripture, one day, every eye will see Him. That day is the great and awesome day of the LORD. Better be ready!

(He agrees and believes in her and even proclaims seeing Jesus himself.)

Huckleberry3911948 on page 6: thank you for your sincerity and faith
if moses were alive 1st he would be ridiculed on CD forum
then given prozac.
FYI i have heard god speak 3 times
audibly once.
I find myself in good company.

(She also claims to have heard God.)

One must ask themselves how many others believed her and seen visions or heard sounds themselves but did not post...
Since you are smashing Christians...I can see you most likely do not have the holy spirit inside you. I recommend going to the thread. "Eternity is too long to be wrong. To be right click here."

Old 04-28-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
I pray that the Lord uses you mightly for his kingdom. God Bless You and Your Family!!! Never let anyone put your fire out, our faith is in God and not man. We defeat satan by the words of our testimony and the shield of faith. Go and tell the world what the Lord did for you!!!!
Thank you. I have been going to local shelters and hospitals and many are getting saved...All the power and glory to Jesus forever and ever! :-)

Old 04-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Never let anyone put your fire out, our faith is in God and not man.

Oh really? Funny, because that sounds like putting faith in her and her word that she has "seen" and "heard" Jesus. Shouldn't contradict yourself like that
Panda God you really need to get a new Testament and start reading it. Your name alone is Blasphemy. You should not have God in your title.
Go to freenewtestament.com get a FREE bible and begin to read it.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:

No?

Panda...Jesus appeared to his disciples after dying on the cross and appeared to many others. Are you calling those a delusion? You really need to start reading the New Testament. Jesus is coming soon. I will pray for you to get saved.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
"Oh don't grovel! I hate groveling, like those Psalms, they're soooo depressing!!!"- Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

Faith would work nicely; saving me some time in the least. Alas, Oakback, I do not believe you were being addressed in the post (if you were expecting to be part of my examples) forgive me if I miss some, quite a few posts to run through!

bchris02 on page 1: Good post. I sense genuine sincerity in corking's post.

(Sincerity shows a belief in what they say to be true, especially when they "sense" it, eh?)

joedrsaved on page 1 and various other pages...: corking28 is in the SPIRIT. JESUS has revealed Himself to her. She bears and proclaims the testimony of the LORD JESUS. Her boldness is an encouragement to me and to all saints who want to testify about JESUS CHRIST before mankind. Her testimony is solid evidence that the Truth is in her.

I know that one day more than twenty five years ago, I saw JESUS the Messiah. His glory was awesome and very intense. He spoke to me and was very kind. He revealed His caring and His awesome friendship. According to the scripture, one day, every eye will see Him. That day is the great and awesome day of the LORD. Better be ready!

(He agrees and believes in her and even proclaims seeing Jesus himself.)

Huckleberry3911948 on page 6: thank you for your sincerity and faith
if moses were alive 1st he would be ridiculed on CD forum
then given prozac.
FYI i have heard god speak 3 times
audibly once.
I find myself in good company.

(She also claims to have heard God.)

One must ask themselves how many others believed her and seen visions or heard sounds themselves but did not post...
Almost every born again Christian has heard God! His holy spirit lives inside our bodies! And he talks to us in a small still voice. You really need to get educate din the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity