Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 01:43 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABrutha View Post
What do most white christian people feel about Jesus maybe being black? What if he was? Would it be like cool or would it be like oh no, maybe we have to become jewish or somethin now cuz we can't be down with that. Peace.
Jesus was not black or white but all colors. He just was. Subgroups of humanity wants to own him and have tried to redefine him accordingly.

The young Jesus that drove out the money changers from the temple would not be happy with how modern man has committed such heinous acts humanity in his name as well as the "Jesus industry. "

That people want to consider him in racial terms is rather ridiculous and counter-productive.

Bag the focus on this labels and instead spend more time on his leadership.

S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 04:06 PM

208 posts, read 349,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Jesus was not black or white but all colors. He just was. Subgroups of humanity wants to own him and have tried to redefine him accordingly.

The young Jesus that drove out the money changers from the temple would not be happy with how modern man has committed such heinous acts humanity in his name as well as the "Jesus industry. "

That people want to consider him in racial terms is rather ridiculous and counter-productive.

Bag the focus on this labels and instead spend more time on his leadership.

S.

no. its a fact that Jesus was a person of color, he was an Israelite and the Israelites came from Africa.

dont be cunfused by the people who were place in Israel.

they are not of the Israelite tribes, just read about the Lemba tribe people.

Jesus was not of all colors, the wishful thinking, sci-fi channel stuff.

all human beings have a color group they belong too.

Only God is free of color.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Folks we need to start ignoring this stupid thread. Just so you'll know right up front where Hotep is coming from, read this, from a site (www.lostsheepizrael.org) that espouses the same thing he is spouting here, and is probably where he is getting his information (and they have the nerve to say right up front that they don't hate white people.

[mod]Post only 2 line snippet to links[Mod/Mod]

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-14-2009 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: snippet only please and the link..

Old 09-14-2009, 01:39 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Folks we need to start ignoring this stupid thread. Just so you'll know right up front where Hotep is coming from, read this, from a site (www.lostsheepizrael.org) that espouses the same thing he is spouting here, and is probably where he is getting his information (and they have the nerve to say right up front that they don't hate white people.

[mod]Post only 2 line snippet to links[Mod/Mod]
Ok, here's the snippet (it is speaking to white people):

according to Jesus himself you will pay! You must pay. "The day is near upon the heathen as thou has done it shall be done unto you". I fast and I pray to see the day that Yahawashi returns and reward you for your evils.

Here's the link to the whole RANT:

LostSheepIzrael - About

Go to the bottom of the page to read the message, "MESSAGE TO THE SO-CALLED WHITE MAN AND OTHER NATIONS."

Old 09-14-2009, 02:31 PM

240 posts, read 437,186 times
Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
odds are he was sematic.probably dark complextion.
regardless, his ethnicity is not relevant to me.

he was a man of color ,and how would white people feel,well they showed us when we got a black president

Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,498,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
he was a man of color ,and how would white people feel,well they showed us when we got a black president
They voted for a black president why wouldn`t they worship Jesus if he were black, red,yellow or whatever color. It`s not about color. It`s about the love in your heart.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM

208 posts, read 349,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post

so ture, in it's about to get worst.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:27 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,549,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABrutha View Post
What do most white christian people feel about Jesus maybe being black? What if he was? Would it be like cool or would it be like oh no, maybe we have to become jewish or somethin now cuz we can't be down with that. Peace.

that's a tempting thought!

however, he'd still be up there with buddha, krishna, etc, in my mind. he'd just have more soul

Kate shoutin' out from s.e. LA

Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,855 times
I be Jesus
you know what I mean ?
Blue or pink or tangerine
Love me black
and purple too
I am speckled
and I love YOU

Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 AM

240 posts, read 437,186 times
Default Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
They voted for a black president why wouldn`t they worship Jesus if he were black, red,yellow or whatever color. It`s not about color. It`s about the love in your heart.

they voted for President Obama because they thought he wouldbring us out of this recession they looked to him as the Messiah that was going to deliver them and now they say he has plunged us into trillions of dollars more in debt they want that negro out. Personally I voted for him for one reason only to make history happen but I knew that he could not turn this economy around it is going to take America falling downon their knees and praying to God.
I pray for the president for his protection,there are hits out on his life that we never hear about.America don't love anymore,we love ourself and ourself only,they did not vote for him because they love him they voted for him for what he promised,promises that he is trying to fulfill but congress is not allowing him.
It will be a cold day in hell before America vote for another black president,they had no choice but to vote for President Obama because the republicans did not have anyone strong enough to handle this load
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity