Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
We have all the proof in the word of God!!! If you read the New Testament you will see that the Catholoic church goes against the word of GOD!
freenewtestament.com

Please read it. That is our proof!
Yawn. We should join your religion because you openly bash other's religions. I didn't know the "good news" was so negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM

322 posts, read 737,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I've always liked Paul's advice to Timothy;

A glass of wine
Oakback, somehow I thought you might be a nipper. Just kidding!

Old 04-11-2008, 06:06 PM

322 posts, read 737,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Yawn. We should join your religion because you openly bash other's religions. I didn't know the "good news" was so negative.
Yes you should. The Light always exposes the darkness. JESUS will be very glad to have you if you truely believe in Him.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
re: getting your last rites b4 you die.
ii would not rely on family members to help with this, not at all.
b4 or after death issues, do it yourself.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
I've never attended a Catholic service, except for a short one at sea in the US navy back in 76. Corking was one for 25 years. If you want to know the truth about various Church groups, you would probally find fake Christians and at least a few false doctrines among most of them. I'm sure there are some true Christians among the Catholics, but I'm also convinced there are some false doctrines. I hate false doctrines, wether among the protestants, evangelicals, catholics, or who ever. JESUS is the Truth. Not you or me, or them, or they. JESUS is the Truth.
I agree with this post Joe..There are false teachings in ALL religions..I will add that people who claim Christianity claim Christ and what he stands for..I just believe we can show people (if they are willing to learn )the love of Christ in our actions..When we teach Christ, we should teach Christ, nothing else..Once a person accepts Christ, then we have done our job..Time to move on, and allow the new christian tochoose his place of worship he is most comfortable with

Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM

224 posts, read 414,623 times
I fine this to be quite humorous........................

A cartoon railing on false teaching and condemning it ends with a complete and udder false teaching of Monumental proportions.

There is no New Testament conversion that contains what the last pictures depicts.

None Nada Zip Zilch Zero.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:53 PM

326 posts, read 1,107,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
IMO, this thread has turned into insults, inuendos, name calling, judgements and false statements about the Catholics, and other good folks on this forum who are as much Christian as any other of the many different denominations in Christianity..There is a right way and a wrong way to hold a debate..It should never turn into what this one and the other one has..
The Lord has brought me in a ministry to bring people out of the Catholic church. I was a Catholic for 25 years and converting giving my life to Christ 09/13/05.
I asked why I didn't have the holy spirit before when I was faithful to the church and Jesus said "The know not my word. They follow doctine of man."
I began reading the New Testament diligently. I even took a few days off of word because I was so amazed at what I was reading. The Catholic church does things against scripture. "My people perish for a lack of knowledge."
YES, there are so many denominations. How do you know which one is acceptable to God. Simple. Do they follow the word of God?
The people I have brought out of the Catholic church into BIBLE believeing /BIBle following churches come back to me and tell me that they too are experiencing a closeness to Jesus like never before."
Love,
Corinne

Old 04-12-2008, 02:21 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,494,501 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/3434451-post41.html

i think this is a beautiful passage

Old 04-12-2008, 08:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
The Lord has brought me in a ministry to bring people out of the Catholic church. I was a Catholic for 25 years and converting giving my life to Christ 09/13/05.
I asked why I didn't have the holy spirit before when I was faithful to the church and Jesus said "The know not my word. They follow doctine of man."
I began reading the New Testament diligently. I even took a few days off of word because I was so amazed at what I was reading. The Catholic church does things against scripture. "My people perish for a lack of knowledge."
YES, there are so many denominations. How do you know which one is acceptable to God. Simple. Do they follow the word of God?
The people I have brought out of the Catholic church into BIBLE believeing /BIBle following churches come back to me and tell me that they too are experiencing a closeness to Jesus like never before."
Love,
Corinne
Put your pom-poms down, but for the Catholic Church your little worshipping off-shoot wouldn't exist. Glad you're happy, no need to poo-poo other people's choices. You're acting rude and annoying, not very Christ-like.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:37 AM

216 posts, read 604,344 times
We need to remember that its all about Jesus.

A think we need to ask ourself some questions, regardless of denomination faith. Also John 4:1 tells us to try the spirits whether they are of God.

Is a church teaching what Jesus taught according to the scriptures?
Is Jesus the main focus of this church?
Is the word of God the main emphasis?

There are many warning in the Bible about false doctrine and teaching.

In 2 John 1:7 it states,
"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

1 John 4:1
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone into the world."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity