Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 07:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wow, you chopped up Jeff’s post to say something completely different than what he meant.
No i didn't, he said it sin was important to God, read his post again. I would like to think his choice of word "important" was a mistake by him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 07:41 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No i didn't, he said it sin was important to God, read his post again. I would like to think his choice of word "important" was a mistake by him.
That’s not what you quoted.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:19 AM

Quote:
That’s not what you quoted.
Quote:
The most despicable thing i have ever read on this forum. It is neither important to God or man. Such a belief causes a man's life to be hell on earth.
Sin is important is what he said and i said it is neither important to God or man.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:06 AM

Jimmie, which 1 of these statements rings true to you?

Righteousness is important to God or sin is importantant to God

Old 03-28-2019, 06:27 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
Sin is important is what he said and i said it is neither important to God or man.
He said, sin is important enough to God to send His Son. That’s way different from Sin is important.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:21 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
The most despicable thing i have ever read on this forum. It is neither important to God or man. Such a belief causes a man's life to be hell on earth.
That's because you lack lack spiritual insight.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:33 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Wow, you chopped up Jeff’s post to say something completely different than what he meant.
Quote:
Quote:
He said, sin is important enough to God to send His Son. That’s way different from Sin is important.
#1 - ... not Jeff

#2 - Yes - I said sin is important.

It was the basis for God sending His Son.

It's reason for most of our personal issues.

It's the root of this country's future downfall, just as it was for Israel in the Bible.

There are two aspects of sin... inward root of unfaithfulness in God, and the outward fruit of the action that stems from the root of unfaithfulness.

Being dead to sin refers to separating oneself from the tree of unfaithful thoughts and actions, and attaching oneself to Christ and righteous behavior.

The result is a life that looks like Christ. And if if more people "die" to sin, it results in a culture that resembles God. God will work through people who properly represent Him and others will be helped.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's because you lack lack spiritual insight.
Clearly you do to put any form of value on sin never mind call it important. There is nothing spiritual about sin to be known.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:06 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
#1 - ... not Jeff

#2 - Yes - I said sin is important.

It was the basis for God sending His Son.

It's reason for most of our personal issues.

It's the root of this country's future downfall, just as it was for Israel in the Bible.

There are two aspects of sin... inward root of unfaithfulness in God, and the outward fruit of the action that stems from the root of unfaithfulness.

Being dead to sin refers to separating oneself from the tree of unfaithful thoughts and actions, and attaching oneself to Christ and righteous behavior.

The result is a life that looks like Christ. And if if more people "die" to sin, it results in a culture that resembles God. God will work through people who properly represent Him and others will be helped.
The son of man comes eating and drinking in the glory of his heavenly Father as an example to follow for the forgiveness of sin.

"Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity