Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:04 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Things are not always as they appear.
I love that picture. Think I will steal it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 09:27 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Rebel Israel was not really Israel and are not to this day. They used the name but we're not God's chosen, who is Israel.
To be clear, Rebel Israel is the modern-day Zionist state.

God's chosen is The Church comprised of faithful Christians who follow Jesus, the Messiah. This is the new Israel!

Old 04-06-2019, 11:40 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post

God's chosen is The Church comprised of faithful Christians who follow Jesus, the Messiah. This is the new Israel!
LOL! God's chosen is his chosen and what are they chosen for?

You don't get that do you?

What you say is so ridiculous and you don't even get how ridiculous it is. For 2000 years Christians have persecuted and killed Jews leading up to a holocaust genocide of God's chosen people, and I say they are God's chosen people from 2000 YEARS OF PROVEN RECORDED HISTORY.

For 2000 years Christians have persecuted and killed Jews simply because they refused to abandon the recorded established religion of God, AND YOUR PEOPLE PERSECUTED AND KILLED THE CHOSEN FOR NOT ABANDONING GOD'S RELIGION.

They are chosen by God and God has demanded his chosen to keep his ways and commandments and YOUR PEOPLE HAVE PERSECUTED AND KILLED THE CHOSEN BEING CHOSEN BECAUSE THEY ALONE FOLLOW GOD.

After 2000 years of Jews being persecuted and killed by Christians for keeping the commandments of God, THE MURDERERS COME AND SAY,'' WE ARE THE CHOSEN.''

CHOSEN FOR WHAT?

LOL! so backwards and so ridiculous that I don't have the words, we can persecute and kill the chosen people for 2000 years for keeping the religion God demanded them to keep, and then we turn arou d and claim that we are the chosen?

What are we Christians chosen for?

For lawlessness, chosen to keep pagan ways and chosen to oppress anyone who dares to keep God's ordained religion?

Yeah, your the chosen lol.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:41 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think it's referring to the prophets in general.
There is NO contextual evidence to support such an opinion.

One cannot make a blanket statement about such an important section of scripture without substantive support. Since none is provided, one can only assume that the scripture says what it means and means what it says.

In other words, what have you been smoking?

There are two classic interpretations of Isaiah 53.

One is that it speaks to the nation and/or the race of Israel - the Jews.
Another is that it speaks of Ha-Mashiach, the messiah or the anointed one and predictions of his life and death.

Those who accept the first interpretation are generally Jewish scholars who silently dismiss the chapter altogether. It is not generally discussed studied or examined in light of history......ever. To do so inevitably leads the reader to a single assumption - that the point of the chapter is a person, not a nation, and that the person described has a much greater purpose in God's plan than any prophet of the old covenant. For those who can not or will not accept the idea of God in the flesh, this chapter is best left unexplored.

The second interpretation inevitably leads one to inescapable conclusions leading to the birth life death and resurrection of Yeshua Ha-Mashicah (Jesus the Christ, the anointed One of God). This too can not or will not be accepted by those who believe they are sufficient unto themselves for everything in life. Therefore they assume the chapter refers to prophets in general. These people do not require proofs to support their fantasies. They are gods unto themselves.

They are like fish who believe they can breath beyond the limits of the water in which they live. Sometimes they jump out to prove it - and die under the hot sun of truth gasping for breath which escapes them. In the end the birds will pick their bones clean and nobody will remember them or the foolish ideas that propelled them to their destruction.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Old 04-07-2019, 11:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

Nope...No such thing...That’s replacement theology and anti-Semitic...

Old 04-07-2019, 01:08 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
Quote:

No. God's people are those who serve Him, who eat and drink and call upon His name.

"You are my witnesses, my servants whom I have chosen."

" They shall call upon my name and I shall hear them. They will say the Lord is my God and I shall say, they are my people. "

"My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty."my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame; my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart, and shall wail for anguish of spirit."

Old 04-07-2019, 01:19 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
NO DUDE, No Free, you take promises and prophesies made to a very specific people and you insert yourself into those promises NOT BEING THE PEOPLE IT WAS SPOKEN TO.

Those promises are spoken to Gentiles who became one with God's people who converted to Judaism UNDER THE PROMISE SPOKEN TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE LOST TEN TRIBES OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

Isaiah and Hosea, and Ezekiel make it extremely evident who those Gentiles are and exactly what they had to do in order to come under the promise and betrothal in Hosea 2, and in Isaiah, and in Ezekiel.

Those Gentiles became co heirs with Jews of Judah for one single reason, their conversion to God's ordained religion that he demands all his people to accept.

Those promises are just not written to anyone claiming to be under the covenant Messiah brings for Israel and Judah, they are specific to Israel and Judah, not Gentiles in religions not ordained by God, they become one with the Jews, BECAUSE THEY CONVERTED and Hosea proves this, Isaiah proves this, Ezekiel proves this when he shows the Messiah WITH those of the lost Israel, and the Jews of Judah and do you know what they have in common? ALL OF THEM IN ISRAEL AND IN JUDAH LOVE AND PRACTICE GOD'S WORSHIP SYSTEM, NOT BABYLONIAN WORSHIP SYSTEMS, GOD'S WORSHIP SYSTEM, AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES THEM ONE PEOPLE UNDER ONE LEADER.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
There is NO contextual evidence to support such an opinion.

One cannot make a blanket statement about such an important section of scripture without substantive support. Since none is provided, one can only assume that the scripture says what it means and means what it says.

In other words, what have you been smoking?

There are two classic interpretations of Isaiah 53.

One is that it speaks to the nation and/or the race of Israel - the Jews.
Another is that it speaks of Ha-Mashiach, the messiah or the anointed one and predictions of his life and death.

Those who accept the first interpretation are generally Jewish scholars who silently dismiss the chapter altogether. It is not generally discussed studied or examined in light of history......ever. To do so inevitably leads the reader to a single assumption - that the point of the chapter is a person, not a nation, and that the person described has a much greater purpose in God's plan than any prophet of the old covenant. For those who can not or will not accept the idea of God in the flesh, this chapter is best left unexplored.

The second interpretation inevitably leads one to inescapable conclusions leading to the birth life death and resurrection of Yeshua Ha-Mashicah (Jesus the Christ, the anointed One of God). This too can not or will not be accepted by those who believe they are sufficient unto themselves for everything in life. Therefore they assume the chapter refers to prophets in general. These people do not require proofs to support their fantasies. They are gods unto themselves.

They are like fish who believe they can breath beyond the limits of the water in which they live. Sometimes they jump out to prove it - and die under the hot sun of truth gasping for breath which escapes them. In the end the birds will pick their bones clean and nobody will remember them or the foolish ideas that propelled them to their destruction.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....
Are you Jewish?...

Old 04-07-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No. God's people are those who serve Him, who eat and drink and call upon His name.

"You are my witnesses, my servants whom I have chosen."

" They shall call upon my name and I shall hear them. They will say the Lord is my God and I shall say, they are my people. "

"My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty."my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame; my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart, and shall wail for anguish of spirit."
You know all that’s speaking to the Jew, right?...

Old 04-07-2019, 02:53 PM

https://www.thoughtco.com/isaiah-53-...ations-4175126
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity