Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 05:42 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times

Advertisements

Funny for me that you asked this because the Mormons knocked on my door this week and left me a "business card" with the white European long haired Jesus on one side. Whoever painted that image - it sure did "stick" for a long, long time. No, I don't think Jesus was white - that doesn't really make any sense that he would have been. Maybe he was a mixture of all the races, a 'coat of many colors' like Joseph in the OT representing the whole world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
I agree, but a LOT of people have killed and been killed by Christians over skin tone (which ironically is very plausibly the same skin tone of their "savior"). I guess I'm not adding importance to it as much as I'm discussing the irony of the emphasis that has been placed on it historically and to this very day...

It would be nice if skin tone had no bearing on anything (which it shouldn't). But why is it in the south that black people were not allowed in white churches, etc? And of course, you have to look at how they Bible was misused to justify slavery, and the general mistreatment of a people based on skin tone.
Yes, indeed. America has never acted very Christian as a nation even with 10s of thousands of churches dotting the entire country. I have wondered if those people who fought to keep slavery ever even read their bibles. I think a lot of Christian sects in America were just made up of men wanting to amass money and power and to subject women and minorities to their lust for their money$$God.
Justice is coming.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I get all that, and yes, it’s a nit-picky type of post. It’s not really an issue of if Jesus would accept all races because I’m sure he would. But would/could modern Christians accept a black Jesus? The basic question is just IF Jesus was historically, in fact, a black man, would it diminish your (or many other Christians’) view of who he is, what he stood for, and whether or not you would still accept him as your personal lord and savior?
Some would, some would not. I have a racist bigot brother up in Atlanta who certainly could not accept having a black man in the white house. I do not know if he has repented of this or not since we have not spoken in over two years.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:01 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Temple design also shows the bride to be black. The last layer of the veil closest to the ark is the fine work of woven linen than the bride makes with her own hands, and the layer before this is specific to the bride in my good opinion, they are skins of black Palestinian she goats.

The temple itself is a bride, and the temple's design is made from the anatomy of that bride. Walking into the temple is a progressive walk where things go from the brazen cout to silver and gold inside the temple proper. It is a progressivenes when going through the layers of the veil also, and this progressiveness through the veils begin in the water as we are all in the water and so the outer layer is of a dolphin skin. The next is of a ram dyed red symbolising the death all must go through to become a submissive virgin instead of being a ruling king(Ram).

We have to choose and decide that we will die to ourself, our greed and our own desires, we willingly choose to sacrifice outselves each day to become the willing submissive virgin to the will of the bridegroom, and when we do this, we become the bride working in the fields not our own, we become that black Palestinian she goat where we weave and work to produce our own fine woven work of linen, our marriage garment, IF WE PUSH ON.

Revelation tells us that the pure clean garments of linen are the good works of the unselfish bride, and that linen is covering the black Palestinian she goats symbolising the two kingdoms WHERE ONE BECOMES SUBMISSIVE TO THE OTHER, AS FLESH SHOULD BE SUBMISSIVE TO THE SPIRIT.

Why did Moses marry two black women, and why O why do their stories look exactly alike?

Old 03-28-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because it's the equivalent of kicking the crutches away from an amputee and letting someone else get charged and punished for it.

And feeling good about it because you - the bad-deed-doer - were "saved."

And spare me the comeback about Jesus "choosing" to die for your sins. An embellishment to the story to excuse your cowardice.
I agree with you, TroutDude that we should not feel happy that Jesus had to die for our sins. We should be moved to tears by it and feel sorrow over our own personal faults and realize that we, like Jesus are still subject to death --- "the cross" if you will because of our sins. But Jesus was without sin - came from heaven, clothed himself in flesh and allowed the mob to crucify him for a purpose. He showed us how to live and how to die and came to set captives of fear free from the bondage of fear, the bondage of sin, and eventually, the bondage of death which is life in this lower realm where we are troubled on all sides.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:05 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Even if he looked like Ned the wino?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfQyIWTVZDI
Lol, especially if he was Ned the wino, he could turn water into Mad Dog, funny. I must have seen all those episodes 10 times.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:15 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Lol, especially if he was Ned the wino, he could turn water into Mad Dog, funny. I must have seen all those episodes 10 times.
That was one of the best ones.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:36 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Are there Christians who still believe Jesus was white? I've often read that the white Jewish people that we know of today did not necessarily look like the Hebrews that lived during biblical times.

I understand the discrepancy between whether he was dark like a native African or a caramel, modern middle-eastern complexion. But are there many Christians that still believe Jesus was Caucasian in appearance (like most pictures/paintings depict)?

And if so, why?
I believe He was Japheth( female side and why the promise that Japheth would live in the tents of Shem ) and Shem type .. and in that could have been in the range of blond red or black hair or dark brown. Any skin colors. from hairless to very very hairy. from Japheth's clans usual fine straight hair to Shem sometimes course very curly ( not afro..) but very curly hair was possible just with Japheth and shem male lines. ... is that broad enough for you?

there is a possibility of some strain of clan Menes /Mn in the " jewish " people.. so maybe some occasional Jews who are clans of Egyptians and others who were adopted.. have some Mizriam.. Menes MN clans lines from their stay in Egypt and from Menes rape of the whole world. but that isn't the bulk of the genetic male lines in the true sons/clans of Abraham and Abraham clans who adopted sea people when they adopted the nations and the women and children and with it some of the clans when they came into the promised land.
but a son of david could be very fair and red headed as David is called ruddy ( meaning red ) .. to very dark and pure or true
blue black reflects blue) as opposed to a brown black hair meaning it reflecks yellow ) ..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-28-2019 at 08:57 PM..

Old 03-29-2019, 10:30 AM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Pictures and paintings have molded much of our thinking, may times from our earliest years, so its not unusual for us to think of him as being white.

Regardless, all Christians I know, in discussing this, don't care what his color was. Jesus never advocated focus on skin color, or talked about that, so we know it's a non-issue to him (and should be for us as well). That's it, period. If we still want to babble about it, we obviously don't care what he simply taught, and that becomes the real issue.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-29-2019 at 10:42 AM..

Old 03-29-2019, 08:57 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
I believe Burpo and Akiana personally. but that would be "Jesus" now mixed or crossed with the Father in his genetics.

so we don't' know
for sure exactly what the Son of David that died in infancy, just before Solomon was born as an individual in that line looked like.
but I believe it was similar to my two male clan lines ( which are the two male lines which make up HElix which causes our type.. or race.... ..)
His natural mother was Bathsheba, just as my mom's Father was Hittite / or Chittum.. which is the same as what we call Cherokee here, But it is Hittite of the sea people.. it is called
Kittum or Kituwah male clan line . in Mayan records in Palenka* https://www.thoughtco.com/the-dynast...alenque-171609 is spelled like Chitam but it is kit- clan Kituwah here and Hittite in the middle east.

and Jesus Father was King David and my dad's direct clan is Judah and traces Strait back to one of Zerubeels sons, which is Solomons Line, Jesus Natural and his full brother. and I got blondish from someplace, it has to be there because everything else in my family up close where color could influence my coloring is medium to dark. so it has to be King Davids line that made me have blond hair at least as a child and in my early years.
so any shade and any colors are possible with that combination of genetics, especially that are out crosses.
I am dark skinned curly headed///// but light hair that sun bleaches easy.. and my sister is dark on dark and very strait hair..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-29-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity