Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 07:30 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times

Advertisements

Isaiah 61

1 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion— to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit. They will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display his glory. 4 They shall build up the ancient ruins, they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations.

Isaiah 61: 1,2 is what Jesus read in the temple but notice it starts off with the spirit of the the Lord is upon me but then it says they shall build up the ancient ruins not He.That is why Jesus spoke in the third person because He was speaking of someone else.

In fact Isaiah was speaking of himself when he said the same thing. He was going to give them oil of gladness and they shall rebuild the ancient ruins.

In truth everyone who follows him as Jesus did is an oak of righteousness along with their brother prophets.

Comments?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 10:18 PM

Oaks of righteousness to display His glory.

Remember Jesus said He gives His followers the glory given to Him and sends them as He was sent.

Can you dig it!?

Old 04-13-2019, 02:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Notice the differences between your Christian Old Testament and the Tanakh?...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 61

1 The spirit of the Lord God was upon me, since the Lord anointed me to bring tidings to the humble, He sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to declare freedom for the captives, and for the prisoners to free from captivity.

2 To declare a year of acceptance for the Lord and a day of vengeance for our God, to console all mourners.

3 To place for the mourners of Zion, to give them glory instead of ashes, oil of joy instead of mourning, a mantle of praise instead of a feeble spirit, and they shall be called the elms of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, with which to glory.

4 And they shall build the ruins of old, the desolations of the first ones they shall erect; and they shall renew ruined cities, desolations of all generations.

5 And strangers shall stand and pasture your sheep, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

6 And you shall be called the priests of the Lord; 'servants of our God' shall be said of you; the possessions of the nations you shall eat, and with their glory you shall succeed [them].

You know that this is specifically talking to the Jews, don’t you?...

Old 04-13-2019, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Oaks of righteousness to display His glory.

Remember Jesus said He gives His followers the glory given to Him and sends them as He was sent.

Can you dig it!?
“and they shall be called the elms of righteousness”, not Oaks of Righteousness...

Old 04-13-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
“and they shall be called the elms of righteousness”, not Oaks of Righteousness...
I think the important thing is they are strong trees of righteousness. Good trees!!!!

Last edited by Free4you; 04-13-2019 at 09:23 AM..

Old 04-13-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Notice the differences between your Christian Old Testament and the Tanakh?...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 61

1 The spirit of the Lord God was upon me, since the Lord anointed me to bring tidings to the humble, He sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to declare freedom for the captives, and for the prisoners to free from captivity.

2 To declare a year of acceptance for the Lord and a day of vengeance for our God, to console all mourners.

3 To place for the mourners of Zion, to give them glory instead of ashes, oil of joy instead of mourning, a mantle of praise instead of a feeble spirit, and they shall be called the elms of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, with which to glory.

4 And they shall build the ruins of old, the desolations of the first ones they shall erect; and they shall renew ruined cities, desolations of all generations.

5 And strangers shall stand and pasture your sheep, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

6 And you shall be called the priests of the Lord; 'servants of our God' shall be said of you; the possessions of the nations you shall eat, and with their glory you shall succeed [them].

You know that this is specifically talking to the Jews, don’t you?...
Right. Those who do so become Jews.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I think the important thing is they are strong trees of righteousness. Good trees!!!!
And they’re Jews...

Old 04-13-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Right. Those who do so become Jews.
Do so what?...

Old 04-13-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
And they’re Jews...
They are God's chosen servants, Jews.

A Jew is not identified by the blood of the flesh as the so called Jews of the world.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Do so what?...
Do what it says.

he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion— to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity