Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 04:56 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
.. the one coming just asking that YOU worship him/ the him who requires not one thing of you much less an acknowledgment that you are in bondage to sin at some level.... ! and all he requires is your worship and you can worship him any way you want too.... hum sounds like the temptation of Christ to me..
<snip>
SATAN DOESN'T WEAR RED OR PRADA OR CARRY A PITCHFORK.. .. HE TELLS US WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR..
There was no request for worship, just an unmistakable knowledge that God exists and unconditional acceptance, love, and joy. I wasn't told what I wanted to hear because I didn't want to hear anything about God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 05:51 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
but it starts and does not end at the ressurrection.. TRUE AFTER YEARS OF CONVERSATION..it DOES OR DID circles around to the resurrection AGAIN THOUGH .. but there is no conversation and no vocabulary without his Word WITHOUT HIS CHURCH , WITHOUT HIS BODY.. to start that ON GOING relationship,, which will eventually be turned into partnership.. but it does not start there at partnership exactly, HE REQUIRES YOUR WILL WHICH IS A FORM OF PARTNERSHIP....BUT STILL AS A CHILD..

He lifts up the humble.. We have to be willing like the prodigal sons to enter back into the family of God .. and be that servant in his Father's household if that is what it takes , and YOU WILL find you like that place best anyway .. Jesus loves to serve us
as much as we love to serve Him and each other.. .... and when you just love to be the servant in the household.. then we can allow him to raise you up in his time and in his way .
so come as a child learning and allowing the spirit to lead us to him.

you might actually fight him about him trying to raise you up.. because have you ever noticed men like to kill their idols, Gods, and Kings and "Cherokee princesses"..( who wasn't really cherokee..by the way, but they liked to claim her kids as theirs, )

BUT HE WILL EVENTUALLY LIFT US UP AS CO-HEIRS WITH HIM......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQ1L2FpjNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTWo_1L8QxI

Gal 4:1

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,

BECAUSE OF CHRISTS SACRIFICE, WE ARE HEIRS WITH CHRIST.. BUT MUST COME AS A CHILD..
Just because YOU haven't experienced Jesus outside the Bible, doesn't mean the rest of us have not. And obviously it doesn't mean first century Christians HAD to have a Bible (they didn't). Somehow God is able to occasionally speak through the Holy Spirit sans the Bible. None of the earliest Jews had a Bible---Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Isaac---none had a Bible old or new Testament.

Isn't it just wonderful that no one can put God in a book and tell others He is unable to speak outside of it!

And perhaps Satan is speaking to you in order to keep you trapped in Scripture rather than alive in Jesus.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
As I mentioned in another thread, I’m doing a book study on CS Lewis’ Mere Christianity. In the chapter regarding pride, which he calls The Great Sin, he says:

In God, you come up against something which is immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that, and therefore yourself as nothing in comparison, you do not know God at all.

Agree?
Belief in separation from God, because it causes you to rely on self, which is doomed to failure.

Abide in the belief that you are not separated from the love of God. Nothing can separate us from the love of God, nothing ever has done, not even death.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:35 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Again, just now visiting this forum the last couple of weeks after years of avoiding. And answering the OPs question without taking time to read anything prior. Fresh take. And yes, my take.

The greatest sin? Was laid out in the very first. Eating of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil instead of the Tree of Life. What do almost all religious belief systems hold in common and much of what is considered Christianity? That some weighing of one's good will outweigh the bad and thus make one acceptable to God. Call it works or performance or becoming one with the universe or whatever, it is some system of alleviating your own rottenness and doing something good that overcomes the rotten.

The gospel of Jesus is the return to the Tree of Life. He hung on a tree and carried all your evil away. You cannot be good enough. You cannot overcome your evil. Jesus made it pretty clear that none could uphold the law. The one and only human that could paid the ultimate penalty for all of us that can't. And in his death and resurrection restored to us the Tree of Life.

The ultimate sin is continuing to eat of the Tree of Good and Evil and rejecting the Tree of Life. It's where sin came into the world and is still the ultimate sin. All "sins" are birthed from that sin. And the temptation that led to eating of the forbidden tree? It goes hand in hand. To believe that we are on par with God. Why Lucifer fell. What he told Eve, that she was being lied to and was as good as God. Eating of the tree is saying we are good as God and can save ourselves. We can't. Only he can. And only Jesus made the way. The Bread of Life. The Tree of Life.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:57 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Quote:
As I mentioned in another thread, I’m doing a book study on CS Lewis’ Mere Christianity. In the chapter regarding pride, which he calls The Great Sin, he says:

In God, you come up against something which is immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that, and therefore yourself as nothing in comparison, you do not know God at all.

Agree?
Dear Jimmie: I/we know the dimension you dwell in. There is zero "chief sin"!

"For whoever keeps the whole law, and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

Yup! The whole radical all keeping the whole law, stumbling in one radical all/pas point, is guilty of PAS

There is hope Jimmie!

The same polus made sinners in Adam1 is the polus made righteous in the Last Adam, the Master of Reconciliation.

"The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatest greatness is.” -Phillips Brooks-

Old 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Jimmie: I/we know the dimension you dwell in. There is zero "chief sin"!

"For whoever keeps the whole law, and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

Yup! The whole radical all keeping the whole law, stumbling in one radical all/pas point, is guilty of PAS

There is hope Jimmie!

The same polus made sinners in Adam1 is the polus made righteous in the Last Adam, the Master of Reconciliation.

"The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatest greatness is.” -Phillips Brooks-
No, you don’t. Like most liberals, you misrepresent other’s views that differ from your’s because your own beliefs are weak.

To clarify, I believe John 3:16.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
No, you don’t. Like most liberals, you misrepresent other’s views that differ from yours because your own beliefs are weak.

Like most conservatives you remain lost in your ideologies of fear and condemnation.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Dear Jimmie: That is wonderful to know. How about the next verse, do you believe John 3.17?

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

That my friend, is the whole rotten bunch of sinners! Every last one "made righteous".

Old 05-16-2019, 03:18 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Jimmie: That is wonderful to know. How about the next verse, do you believe John 3.17?

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

That my friend, is the whole rotten bunch of sinners! Every last one "made righteous".
Yes, I do! The law condemns-Jesus came to save! Do you believe verse 18 and 36?

Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do! The law condemns-Jesus came to save!
Dear Jimmie: It is not the Law that condemns in John 3.17! It is the Father of all fathers whose purpose in His beloved Son is salvation, and He does not condemn. You think salvation has something to do with us, I believe the entire process from beginning to end is Him.

And yes, the Master of reconciliation indeed came to save, reconcile and make righteous.

God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who trust in Him/believe. Command this and teach this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity