Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have WITNESSED enough of what religion has done (negatively) to humanity to question its so called Authority. Especially, when it comes to various sects that claim they are not of this world, while condemning their own family members.
NO human has the right to "CONDEMN" another, ONLY Jehovah God and Jesus. a Christian can ONLY show from scriptures to family members Jehovah's words. we show love to ALL, but as Jesus showed, NO Christian should put family before Jehovah God or Jesus for that matter ,(Matthew 10:37,38 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me). also NOT being part of the world means to NOT get involved with ANYTHING, that goes against God. and this topic was to invites those to the memorial of Jesus. you are very welcome to come join us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
JWs will be near-obsolete in two generations. Their enemy is education and they cannot win.
you can see the future of Jehovah's people? so you're saying, that by the time my children's children have children, we're be almost gone? we're not going anywhere, sorry! and just like MANY, we have some very educated spiritual siblings. funny, an "educated" person would know that it's NOT a group of people in which education comes into play, but the individual itself. you're speaking out of ignorance not facts. sad an invitation to Jesus memorial, turns into an attack on Jws. I hope no one is calling himself a "Christian."

Old 04-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Those words aren't what you think. They're a smoke screen for sinners but the chosen see right through. The body and blood of the son of man are divine. His divine flesh and blood are for those who come to the light and seek the kingdom of God in truth and faithfulness.
if that's "NOT what I think", than that applies to Many throughout the Earth. Jesus wouldn't have demonstrated the act, if it wasn't for his followers to copy. and I understand what his body and blood symbolizes. I do seek the Kingdom of Jehovah God, just as Jesus told us to in his model prayer ,(Matt. 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven). this is why I try to live in a way that's pleasing to him. as Jesus showed, it's about doing his father's will ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). peace

Old 04-13-2019, 12:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
you can see the future of Jehovah's people? so you're saying, that by the time my children's children have children, we're be almost gone? we're not going anywhere, sorry! and just like MANY, we have some very educated spiritual siblings. funny, an "educated" person would know that it's NOT a group of people in which education comes into play, but the individual itself. you're speaking out of ignorance not facts. sad an invitation to Jesus memorial, turns into an attack on Jws. I hope no one is calling himself a "Christian."
I can see the future of living things which cannot, or will not, evolve.

They become extinct. Don't kid yourself that you and your ilk are exempt from universal law. I stand by my prophecy.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have WITNESSED enough of what religion has done (negatively) to humanity to question its so called Authority. Especially, when it comes to various sects that claim they are not of this world, while condemning their own family members.
Quote:
NO human has the right to "CONDEMN" another, ONLY Jehovah God and Jesus. a Christian can ONLY show from scriptures to family members Jehovah's words. we show love to ALL, but as Jesus showed, NO Christian should put family before Jehovah God or Jesus for that matter ,(Matthew 10:37,38 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me). also NOT being part of the world means to NOT get involved with ANYTHING, that goes against God. and this topic was to invites those to the memorial of Jesus. you are very welcome to come join us!
I spent two wonderful hours in fellowship with a couple of Mormons in my home last night. Apparently, it is only the so called Witnesses who will not enter my loving home and break bread with me, even when invited. If I wasn't loving my neighbors and family, then I would not be worthy of God's love. What you refer to is a self-righteous act of believing you are holier than others, including your own family members.

Ironically, right now I am dealing with a self-righteous husband (jahovah's witness) of a niece who would not attend a father/daughter dance because he forbids it; and who makes his under aged daughter buy her own laundry soap, personal hygiene napkins and toilet paper, while her mother begs him for food. Throwing a few hot-pockets in the freezer for breakfast, lunch and dinner is his way of providing for his family.

When I am done, he will wish he never met their uncle. He has even lied to a detective in order to protect his eighteen-year-old nephew who molested his eight year old daughter. He is headed for the curb with very little left in his name. By the way, he believes he is putting his God first? If I sound a bit angry, trust me - I am way beyond that, brother. But I have set up an account, and am taking care of my niece and her children.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:10 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
if that's "NOT what I think", than that applies to Many throughout the Earth. Jesus wouldn't have demonstrated the act, if it wasn't for his followers to copy. and I understand what his body and blood symbolizes. I do seek the Kingdom of Jehovah God, just as Jesus told us to in his model prayer ,(Matt. 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven). this is why I try to live in a way that's pleasing to him. as Jesus showed, it's about doing his father's will ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). peace
He came to give life to His followers. His followers believe in the Father as He did and glorify the Father and the son by declaring righteousness to the people.

Jesus did not speak clearly but in veiled language.

And God's name is not Jehovah.

Obviously God the Father has not given you to His son.

" I have revealed your name to them and shall reveal it so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them. "

Last edited by Free4you; 04-13-2019 at 01:53 PM..

Old 04-13-2019, 05:58 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
it's NOT a "ritual of the watchtower." the bible CLEARLY shows that the 144,000 taken from Earth ,will be with Jesus in Heaven ,(Rev. 14:1-3 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth).

these have a special rule to play in Heaven. they will rules over a Righteous new Earth, with Jesus ,(Rev. 5: 9,10 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation. And has made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). those who DOES NOT, have that Heavenly calling ,the ("Great crowd"). will be the ones living on a Righteous Earth, Jesus words ,(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth). the wicked will be done away with ,(Psa. 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth).

those who don't partake, as in actual putting it into their mouths. IF... they endure to the End, will be those living on Earth. they have NO right to take it, because they're NOT the ones going to Heaven. those who know by means of Jehovah's HS, that they're going to Heaven. they suppose to partake by mouth. everyone believes ALL good goes to Heaven, that's NOT what the bible shows. scriptures PROVES MANY will live on Earth. Jesus right now is King, he will soon rule over his Earthly faithful subjects. peace
No one has any more right than anyone else to accept. That's what I would find sinister about the whole thing. The Watchtower has made people believe they must reject partaking of the symbols of Jesus' promise.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

That scripture seems pretty straight forward. It doesn't say I am the way for 144,000 and the rest of you have to go through them.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No one has any more right than anyone else to accept. That's what I would find sinister about the whole thing. The Watchtower has made people believe they must reject partaking of the symbols of Jesus' promise. John 14:6 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. That scripture seems pretty straight forward. It doesn't say I am the way for 144,000 and the rest of you have to go through them.
I never said ,Jesus was for ONLY 144,000. why do MANY even refuse to believe the scriptures concerning the 144,000? we claim to believe Jehovah's words, yet we refuse MANY of them. Jesus told ALL in order to get to his Father, they must go through him. here he was referring to prayer. I know Jesus died for ALL mankind. but one can either believe the scriptures and especially what Jesus HIMSELF had said. which again was..."the meek shall inherit the Earth". he's telling us that the righteous will live on earth.

what part of that do MANY refuse to see? again I post scriptures SHOWING why ONLY 144,000 will go to Heaven. which was to rule with Jesus over the Earth. NO one is going to Heaven to be with "family" as MANY wants badly to believe. those that go again has a JOB to do, scriptures don't lie. and it doesn't matter how many refuse to believe. it's factual, ONLY a 144,000 "taken from Earth", will be in Heaven. peace

Old 04-14-2019, 03:07 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
I never said ,Jesus was for ONLY 144,000. why do MANY even refuse to believe the scriptures concerning the 144,000? we claim to believe Jehovah's words, yet we refuse MANY of them. Jesus told ALL in order to get to his Father, they must go through him. here he was referring to prayer. I know Jesus died for ALL mankind. but one can either believe the scriptures and especially what Jesus HIMSELF had said. which again was..."the meek shall inherit the Earth". he's telling us that the righteous will live on earth.

what part of that do MANY refuse to see? again I post scriptures SHOWING why ONLY 144,000 will go to Heaven. which was to rule with Jesus over the Earth. NO one is going to Heaven to be with "family" as MANY wants badly to believe. those that go again has a JOB to do, scriptures don't lie. and it doesn't matter how many refuse to believe. it's factual, ONLY a 144,000 "taken from Earth", will be in Heaven. peace
Some believe revelation is not scripture. How about that?

What if that number is not an actual number since God's ways are not man's ways.

What if it just means a lot of people?

Let's not forget they have to have God's name written on their foreheads.

Jehovah is not His name.

That name comes from single letters JHVH. Which is not His name either.

Follow the son of man, the prophets, and His name will be revealed.

It is written;

" When the lion roars who who shall not fear it, when the Lord God speaks who will not prophesy. "

Old 04-14-2019, 04:11 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:

Refresh my memory then. Why exactly does the great crowd (aka 99.9% of Witnesses) not partake of the body of Christ even symbolically? I remember being told that Jesus' was the intermediary between them and Jehovah while they were the intermediary for the Great Crowd. Without the anointed who are called to serve in Heaven with Jesus the Great Crowd would be out in the cold. I could be getting that wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity