Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 11:21 AM

1,196 posts, read 750,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I can see the future of living things which cannot, or will not, evolve.
They become extinct. Don't kid yourself that you and your ilk are exempt from universal law. I stand by my prophecy.
but people do NOT become "extinct." also it's your world, stand by what you believe. me and those "like" (assuming that's what you meant), me are people. though I understand, you were referring to our Spiritual organization of Christian brotherhood. in which you said basically "two Generations" later, we'll be almost gone. Jehovah God word shows that people will be living up to the End and beyond. Many who worships Jehovah God and follows Jesus won't see death, (John 11:26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”). so contrary to popular belief of ALL humans die, wrong! other biblical proof, after the Great tribulation which comes after Armageddon. MANY righteous humans will still be standing ,(Revelation 7:9-17 ,Revelation 20:1-6). you can read for yourself in your bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 12:11 PM

I'm sorry you feel your Niece and her mother are being mistreated. anyone involved with a wrongful act upon a child, it's very disgusting. please understand, just because one says he's a servant of Jehovah God, doesn't mean he's living a Spiritual life ,(Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work). see (2Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction). Satan can send wicked men into ANY “Christian” organization!

Unlike Many religious organizations who'll try and keep a hush concerning their members wrongful deeds. If the Elders find out someone's committing a act that'll bring a bad reproach on Jehovah name or his people. They are NO longer Jehovah's witnesses. ,(1Cor.5:11-13 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judge. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person).

despite what MANY of the world had to say, when they heard people can be kicked out of our organization. yes!... they WILL BE Disfellowshipped. we know we're NOT Jesus, but we also know that we MUST follow him and obey his Father...as best we can. Don't you think it's a bit unfair though to judge the whole congregation for the wicked acts of a few? especially IF... they didn't know it was going on? I can understand if the Church knew and kept it private. We as Jws, (as you can see from the verse I post), will NOT fellowship with or condone the wicked actions of a brother / sister. peace

Old 04-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
He came to give life to His followers. His followers believe in the Father as He did and glorify the Father and the son by declaring righteousness to the people. Jesus did not speak clearly but in veiled language. And God's name is not Jehovah. Obviously God the Father has not given you to His son. " I have revealed your name to them and shall reveal it so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them. "
you might want to read ...wait! ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). this name is the English form of the Hebrew, Yahweh. see also (Isa. 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation). and (Psa. 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth). these are NOT Jws words, these came straight from the famous kj version.

(John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gave me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gave them me; and they have kept thy word). I worship Jesus Father, Jesus said basically those who acknowledge Jehovah God was sent to Jesus. I didn't actually go to Jesus as the Apostles did, for I was NOT yet born. but I'm sent in a sense of following Jesus steps and obeying his words.

you said, as you must know, "God the Father has not given you to His son". that's an arrogant statement to make. unless "God the Father", told you himself. I'm sure "God the Father" sent you to Jesus. also Jesus told HIS Followers to say these words ,at Matt. 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, "Hallowed be Your name"). the word "Hallow" means to make Holy or Honor. so!... Jesus told basically us to pray to "OUR" Father... make your NAME HOLY.

if the God of Israel didn't allow us to use the Hebrew Name in English, JEHOVAH! which he allowed to be placed in EVERY BIBLE version. then can you please tell me what IS this God's name. so that I can Honor it. because it's sure as crap NOT ,,,"Father GOD" or "GOD the Father." I know these are TITLES...not NAMES! I'm sure you wouldn't want to be called by anyone you know “SON (your name). You say I'm wrong, than prove you're right. I'm NOT so haughty that I can't admit the truth. peace

Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No one has any more right than anyone else to accept. That's what I would find sinister about the whole thing. The Watchtower has made people believe they must reject partaking of the symbols of Jesus' promise.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

That scripture seems pretty straight forward. It doesn't say I am the way for 144,000 and the rest of you have to go through them.
it's not the "watchtower", it's the words of the bible. and no one said that the rest of the righteous ,has to go through the 144,000. and again, the verse you post, Jesus was referring to Going to his Father in prayer. just like in the days of old NO one could go to Jehovah God unless they had made an animal sacrifice. because we being imperfect, couldn't touch Perfect Jehovah God. the Lamb that they sacrifice for sins, Jesus replaced as an sacrificial Human Lamb for todays imperfect humans. replacing the actual Lamb and any other animal. sorry if you refuse to even believe the verse I post in which it CLEARLY shows NOT ALL righteous will go to Heaven, but it's your world!

Old 04-15-2019, 01:22 PM

63,590 posts, read 39,886,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
it's not the "watchtower", it's the words of the bible. and no one said that the rest of the righteous has to go through the 144,000. and again, the verse you post, Jesus was referring to Going to his Father in prayer. just like in the days of old NO one could go to Jehovah God unless they had made an animal sacrifice. because we being imperfect, couldn't touch Perfect Jehovah God. the Lamb that they sacrifice for sins, Jesus replaced as a sacrificial Human Lamb for today's imperfect humans. replacing the actual Lamb and any other animal. sorry if you refuse to even believe the verse I post in which it CLEARLY shows NOT ALL righteous will go to Heaven, but it's your world!
Exclusivist religions are human hubris and self-righteousness taken to the extreme. The idea the mere imperfect humans can decide that God only accepts some of His creation or can determine who God considers worthy is beyond preposterous.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,290,994 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel your Niece and her mother are being mistreated.
It's not a matter of what I feel, rather it's that of what I know.

Quote:
Unlike Many religious organizations who'll try and keep a hush concerning their members wrongful deeds. If the Elders find out someone's committing a act that'll bring a bad reproach on Jehovah name or his people. They are NO longer Jehovah's witnesses.
Isn't that wonderful? Don't make us look bad or you're out of here.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:34 PM

3,220 posts, read 918,136 times
Quote:
you might want to read ...wait! ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). this name is the English form of the Hebrew, Yahweh. see also (Isa. 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation). and (Psa. 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth). these are NOT Jws words, these came straight from the famous kj version.

(John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gave me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gave them me; and they have kept thy word). I worship Jesus Father, Jesus said basically those who acknowledge Jehovah God was sent to Jesus. I didn't actually go to Jesus as the Apostles did, for I was NOT yet born. but I'm sent in a sense of following Jesus steps and obeying his words.

you said, as you must know, "God the Father has not given you to His son". that's an arrogant statement to make. unless "God the Father", told you himself. I'm sure "God the Father" sent you to Jesus. also Jesus told HIS Followers to say these words ,at Matt. 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, "Hallowed be Your name"). the word "Hallow" means to make Holy or Honor. so!... Jesus told basically us to pray to "OUR" Father... make your NAME HOLY.

if the God of Israel didn't allow us to use the Hebrew Name in English, JEHOVAH! which he allowed to be placed in EVERY BIBLE version. then can you please tell me what IS this God's name. so that I can Honor it. because it's sure as crap NOT ,,,"Father GOD" or "GOD the Father." I know these are TITLES...not NAMES! I'm sure you wouldn't want to be called by anyone you know “SON (your name). You say I'm wrong, than prove you're right. I'm NOT so haughty that I can't admit the truth. peace
First off there are letters used and vowels added to those letters for the so called names Yhwh and Jhvh. I know it looks good but ask yourself why Jesus never used that name?

Yes the son reveals God's name to those the Father gives Him and keeps His word but you do not keep His word so you don't know His name nor have you been given to the son.

You think Jesus is the son alone but that is an error. Jesus spoke in the third person because there is more to the son than Jesus.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:28 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,106,426 times
Quote:
but people do NOT become "extinct." also it's your world, stand by what you believe. me and those "like" (assuming that's what you meant), me are people. though I understand, you were referring to our Spiritual organization of Christian brotherhood. in which you said basically "two Generations" later, we'll be almost gone. Jehovah God word shows that people will be living up to the End and beyond. Many who worships Jehovah God and follows Jesus won't see death, (John 11:26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”). so contrary to popular belief of ALL humans die, wrong! other biblical proof, after the Great tribulation which comes after Armageddon. MANY righteous humans will still be standing ,(Revelation 7:9-17 ,Revelation 20:1-6). you can read for yourself in your bible.
I'm sorry you drank so deeply of the Kool-Aid. I hope one day you are cured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity