Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 02:34 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
But apparently, he can express his reasoning in a much-more-articulate manner than you can!
Which has nothing to do with intelligence. So to reiterate, Tucker Carlson is a moron. People who think he is not a moron, are morons as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Truth. jeff is easily the most miserable, depressed and depressing religionist on CD. He is Christianity's Eeyore.

Jeff sees only the terrible accident that he says ruined lives. What he does not see is the resilience and the strength in recovery. He refuses to see beyond the challenge and tragedy people deal with every day. He is blind to all of the good that people strive to make when their lives are changed in the blink of the eye.

It is his Christian flaw. He follows the I'm not happy till your not happy ideology.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:48 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqTkByXCJk

Old 04-16-2019, 02:50 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jeff sees only the terrible accident that he says ruined lives. What he does not see is the resilience and the strength in recovery. He refuses to see beyond the challenge and tragedy people deal with every day. He is blind to all of the good that people strive to make when their lives are changed in the blink of the eye.

It is his Christian flaw. He follows the I'm not happy till your not happy ideology.
How about making the topic of discussion NOT about Jeff for once, mmm k?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I do not hate Jesus. Not sure where you got that.

I don't see how kindness and love hates God, but if you want to believe that, I guess that is your choice.

Seriously, I worry about your state of mind. You are not making sense.
Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
But apparently, he can express his reasoning in a much-more-articulate manner than you can!
Apparently, only to other morons.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:05 PM

1,304 posts, read 855,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?
I appreciate your straight forward question. I wish I could give you a yes or no answer! A lot of the Old Testament seems to come from earlier texts from non-Christian sources. The New Testament was written several decades after Christ's life and some is surely not accurate. Many books were not included in the final version of the Bible. That said, the Bible surely contains wisdom and has a metaphysical aspect.

All of this said, I do believe in an original consciousness (which some call God) that is responsible for our physical reality. I believe in the existence of the soul and in an afterlife. I believe Jesus/God is a loving/forgiving/merciful being, who does hear us when we speak to him/her/it. I do not believe that hurling fire and brimstone at people is the best way of presenting these beliefs to non-believers. Hope this answers your questions!

Old 04-16-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
How about making the topic of discussion NOT about Jeff for once, mmm k?

Jeff did you not say you once worked in EMS and saw lives ruined? You made it about you. I simply responded to your statement.

You claim life is life is a never ending barrage of problems and difficulty. Your words.

Is this really your world? Is that all you see?

Old 04-16-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Jeff did you not say you once worked in EMS and saw lives ruined? You made it about you. I simply responded to your statement.

You claim life is life is a never ending barrage of problems and difficulty. Your words.

Is this really your world? Is that all you see?
I was already personally attacked way before that. I have problems just like everyone else.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I was already personally attacked way before that. I have problems just like everyone else.

I am not attacking you. I feel your hopelessness.

I see real tragedy in this world. Children are separated from their parents for the crime of seeking asylum. Children going hungry to bed because their social safety net of food stamps being eliminated. Parents who cannot afford health care for their families. People denied a living wage because the wealthy need a tax cut. People unable to afford lifesaving insulin because prescription drug costs are exorbitant. Children are not safe in schools due to gun violence.

These are things we can fix.

Faith has not fixed any of this. These are man made crises and we can not depend on thoughts and prayers to fix them.

There is great kindness in the world, too. The world is full of heroes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity